Through The Dragon's Eye

Makween

41NTQ8JCQZL._AA240_.jpg

Who all watched this classic piece of TV back in their schooldays? I was recently reminded of it by a thread on a different forum, fantastic stuff. Along with Geordie Racer, this has to be one of the greatest pieces of TV ever.

Anyone else got any Through The Dragon's Eye memories?

Oh my god, where did you dig that up!!?? I was absolutely terrified watching that as a kid, that Charn thing (big monster) gave me nightmares for years and years, still comes back now and then!

Do you have any other links to it, official site or anything?

Horrible program to inflict on poor innocent kids!!

Commander Harris

that was just about the best school tv ever. :)

I loved that show, hardly anyone else I talk to seems to remember it though. :(

they don't make them like that anymore. :sad:

Oh my god, where did you dig that up!!?? I was absolutely terrified watching that as a kid, that Charn thing (big monster) gave me nightmares for years and years, still comes back now and then!

Do you have any other links to it, official site or anything?

Horrible program to inflict on poor innocent kids!!

Sadly, all that I could find was the Wikipedia page :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_The_Dragon's_Eye

One wee point here : Look it up on Google and there's a Youtube link :eek: I can't see it as I'm at work, but I will be doing so when I get home :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Through_The_Dragon%27s_Eye_%28episodes%29

There's a list of episodes. As the Commander says, they don't make 'em like that any more :sad:

So the three of us the only ones on here who saw it? No wonder this country's going to the dogs :mad:

that is the show you used to watch at school...oh they were the days (cant beleive i have started saying that at only 22 :P ) classic.

Out of interest, can anyone let me know if there's any Geordie Racer on Youtube? That was also fantastic TV. :D

Commander Harris
Out of interest, can anyone let me know if there's any Geordie Racer on Youtube? That was also fantastic TV. :D

can't find geordie racer episodes - there are a few clips on youtube but that's about it.

can't find geordie racer episodes - there are a few clips on youtube but that's about it.

Ah well - if it'd been a choice, I'd have gone for Through The Dragon's Eye, I'm still happy :P

My favourite memory from Through The Dragon's Eye is the book tree. I loved that episode.

Had a look at the videos on youtube, that charn thing still gives me the willies. Must be regressing back to when I was 7!! Who would inflict that on children, honestly!

Apparently they're still showing it, some website said its being rerun on the beeb, made in 1989, which means that dragon is probably dead by now!

"North or south east or west the quest to save the land of panama goes far... look closly through the dragons eye and fly" or something along those lines!! class TV how cool were the widgets they always got up to mischief!! as said before they dont make them like they used to! i wish i was at primary again!

Simply the best video to be produced in primary school. Along with that video about the old wifey and her dog, Pippin.

Walter Payton

If I had been Irvine Jambo, you could have forgotten the 24 degrees, the Bollywood wife, the World Champion Boxing Career or the massive donations to the SNP. I'd have told everyone I was in "Through the Dragon's Eye" when I was a kid- great programme!

The Establishment

Slightly off topic but did anyone watch "Feeling yes, feeling no" in school.

Think its just been taken off the school rota recently. Shame.

Through the dragons eye was a classic. I remember there being some colourful people called doris, horace and maurice.

Watch some alien programme called Warp in school. Oh and words and picture with the magic pencil. Classic days.

It was awesome.

Dont think i ever saw the ending though, its riled me to this day :sad:

I could fair go some 'Special Pelamade'.

Slightly off topic but did anyone watch "Feeling yes, feeling no" in school.

Yup :laugh: It was actually fantastic. Up until quite recently, whenever I didn't want to do anything I'd say that I had a "no" feeling about it...seem to have stopped it recently, so I'd better start again.

What was the Say No to Strangers one, again? Mr and Mrs No, or something?

What a show. I'm going to start watching some of it on Youtube. This was the only reason worth going into school.

Archived