U19s Training

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I had my first look at the U19s in training this morning and saw them play a short high tempo game. It was my first chance to see some of the new guys play and there were also a few unfamiliar faces.

The new guys I recognised were Robert Ogleby FW from Coventry, Brad McKay CB from Edinburgh City, Tomas Snapkauskas MF from Lithuania. Also there was a new GK, Connor Fairley, who they have got from Celtic, Callum ??? playing RM, Davidas ??? playing LB and a big guy playing CB called Gordon.

It turns out that the Gordon was Gordon Gibert, who was with the Kaizer Chiefs. Hearts are still assessing him so he was training / playing with the U19s.

Robert Ogleby looks a physically big and strong guy that will offer the U19s a presence up front that they were missing last season. The usual suspects in Walker, Holt, Hill and Prychynenko all looked sharp, but I was most impressed by Dave Smith who scored a couple of excellent goals.

The U19s play a pre-season tournament in Oban on Saturday, although Darren Murray expects to take some trialists with the squad.

Charlie-Brown

I had my first look at the U19s in training this morning and saw them play a short high tempo game. It was my first chance to see some of the new guys play and there were also a few unfamiliar faces.

The new guys I recognised were Robert Ogleby FW from Coventry, Brad McKay CB from Edinburgh City, Tomas Snapkauskas MF from Lithuania. Also there was a new GK, Connor Fairley, who they have got from Celtic, Callum ??? playing RM, Davidas ??? playing LB and a big guy playing CB called Gordon.

It turns out that the Gordon was Gordon Gibert, who was with the Kaizer Chiefs. Hearts are still assessing him so he was training / playing with the U19s.

Robert Ogleby looks a physically big and strong guy that will offer the U19s a presence up front that they were missing last season. The usual suspects in Walker, Holt, Hill and Prychynenko all looked sharp, but I was most impressed by Dave Smith who scored a couple of excellent goals.

The U19s play a pre-season tournament in Oban on Saturday, although Darren Murray expects to take some trialists with the squad.

Any idea of which players will comprise the bulk of the U19 squad this season FF?

heartsfc_fan

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if Robert Ogleby will be good enough for one or two first team appearances if required.

Say What Again

Is this him?

Gordon-Mackenzie-Gilbert_2145558.jpg

27 years old, left sided defender.

Gordon MacKenzie Gilbert (born December 10, 1982 in Witbank, Mpumalanga) is a Scottish-South African football (soccer) player who plays as a left back/central defender in the South African Premier Soccer League.

Gilbert began his career with St. Johnstone in the Scottish Premier League in 2002 however he soon accepted an offer and left for East Fife in the Scottish Football League. At East Fife, he was a first-team regular and helped East Fife earn promotion to the Second Division in the 2002/03 season. Gilbert's performances at East Fife caught the eye of Tuks FC in the country of his birth, where he moved in 2005. Gilbert spent three years playing in the South African First Division with Tuks FC and Mpumalanga Black Aces. During this time, Gilbert was a part of the Black Aces starting team which reached the Nedbank Cup Final in 2008. Leading up to the Nebank Cup final, Gilbert was awarded Man of the Match for his impressive performance in the quarter-finals round. Gilbert?s consistent performances earned him a call up to the South African National Development Team (South African B squad) in April, 2008. He made his debut for the Development Team which played against the National Team of Botswana on April 24, 2008.

Following a strong season with Mpumalanga Black Aces he signed for Kaizer Chiefs of the Premier Soccer League in 2008. At Kaizer Chiefs, Gilbert played in the squad which won both the Mpumalanga International Cup and the MTN Supa 8 competitions. He was also awarded Kaizer Chief?s Man of the Match on his Premier Soccer League debut. In 2009 after spending a full season with a competitive Kaizer Chief?s squad, it was announced that Gilbert would go on a season long loan to Moroka Swallows of the Premier Soccer League.

Footballfirst

Any idea of which players will comprise the bulk of the U19 squad this season FF?

The guys I saw today were:

Connor Fairley

Robert Ogleby

Jamie McCormack

Denys Prychynenko

Shaun Hill

Colin Hamilton

Murray Christie

David Smith

Chris Kane

Aaron Murdoch

Jamie Walker

Fraser Mullen

Jordan Morton

Jason Holt

Dale O'Hara

Chris Tobin

Brad Mackay

Tomas Snapkauskas

Two others in Davidas ??? and Calum ??? who may be trialists, plus from the U17s, Jack Hamilton and Billy King.

The only others from last season's ground staff who are eligible for the U19s that I didn't see were Scott Robinson (with 1st team) and Ryan Stewart.

Charlie-Brown

Connor Fairley

Robert Ogleby

Jamie McCormack

Denys Prychynenko

Shaun Hill

Colin Hamilton

Murray Christie

David Smith

Chris Kane

Aaron Murdoch

Jamie Walker

Fraser Mullen

Jordan Morton

Jason Holt

Dale O'Hara

Chris Tobin

Brad Mackay

Tomas Snapkauskas

Two others in Davidas ??? and Calum ??? who may be trialists, plus from the U17s, Jack Hamilton and Billy King.

The only others from last season's ground staff who are eligible for the U19s that I didn't see were Scott Robinson (with 1st team) and Ryan Stewart.

Cheers FF :thumb: that looks a good squad of youth players and most of them will have 2 years at least at U19 level so we should see them gradually improve over the next year or 2 now that many of them have stepped up from the U17's

jamboinglasgow

Connor Fairley

Robert Ogleby

Jamie McCormack

Denys Prychynenko

Shaun Hill

Colin Hamilton

Murray Christie

David Smith

Chris Kane

Aaron Murdoch

Jamie Walker

Fraser Mullen

Jordan Morton

Jason Holt

Dale O'Hara

Chris Tobin

Brad Mackay

Tomas Snapkauskas

Thanks for the update FF, looking forward to seeing the U19s play again. My mind is a bit fuzzy though, what position is Snapkauskas? What were the trialists (if thats what they were)like? Hopefully able to form a good team from the squad for this seasons U19 league. I do get a feeling that some clubs are going to be fielding very young teams in the U19s due to the financial climate forcing them to use players under 20 for the first team (see Aberdeen.)

Footballfirst

Thanks for the update FF, looking forward to seeing the U19s play again. My mind is a bit fuzzy though, what position is Snapkauskas? What were the trialists (if thats what they were)like? Hopefully able to form a good team from the squad for this seasons U19 league. I do get a feeling that some clubs are going to be fielding very young teams in the U19s due to the financial climate forcing them to use players under 20 for the first team (see Aberdeen.)

It's difficult to judge anyone in 15 mins of football.

Snapkauskas plays central midfield and looked ok. He was more up to pace with the game than when I last saw him in a bounce game when he struggled to get into the game.

LB (Davidas) had problems coping with Jamie Walker's pace and skill, then many other defensive players have had similar problems.

RMF (Callum ?) didn't see much of the ball so it's difficult to say

the right midfielder is callum patterson. he is a 17's player who played for tynie 16's last season, signed on a 3 year deal.

Footballfirst

the right midfielder is callum patterson. he is a 17's player who played for tynie 16's last season, signed on a 3 year deal.

Thanks Doogz

jamboinglasgow

It's difficult to judge anyone in 15 mins of football.

Snapkauskas plays central midfield and looked ok. He was more up to pace with the game than when I last saw him in a bounce game when he struggled to get into the game.

LB (Davidas) had problems coping with Jamie Walker's pace and skill, then many other defensive players have had similar problems.

RMF (Callum ?) didn't see much of the ball so it's difficult to say

sure, will just have to judge them when I see them in a full game.

Archived