Burley on the juice again?

Bar Naysmith, Scotland don't really have another decent, uninjured left back

It's only a friendly, so may as well give a good youngster a chance

alwaysthereinspirit

"GOOD" youngster?

"GOOD" youngster?

The few under 19 games I've seen him play he's strolled them..

Wallace is a good player... no doubt about it.

alwaysthereinspirit
The few under 19 games I've seen him play he's strolled them..

Wallace is a good player... no doubt about it.

Well when we get a real manager I hope he's allowed to stroll through first team games week after week..

Well when we get a real manager I hope he's allowed to stroll through first team games week after week..

He is a good footballer tho, I have no doubt. Each to their own I suppose.

Wallace is an exceptional young player and is capable of being a stand out for us

Instead he is a victim of our crap coaching and is another top prospectr in danger of being ruined by this club

I don't think he has let us down at any time and his versatility is exceptional.

He's only 19/20 and has been playing since he was 17.

Sometimes I think people forget he and elliot are still kids, just due to how long they have been around

lee wallace has a gun, he shoots croats

did burley not play mcallistair ahead of wallace when he was at hearts btw?

I'm confused as to why people on Kickback are so much against Wallace. He seems to be getting a fair bit of the blame for our ****ey season, even though he's hardly played.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Lee Wallace could be a great player if he receives the right coaching.

I'm still not sure where his correct position is and I don't think he knows either!

Prefer him in midfield though, he has a lot of skill and likes to go forward.

Burley obviously liked what he seen with Wallace when he was at us.

I still rate Wallace highly myself, probably not ready for a call up but he's a good player.

Hopefully Berra and Wallace can get themselves on as a sub in the second half, i'd imagine that's all they'll get at this stage.

I'm confused as to why people on Kickback are so much against Wallace. He seems to be getting a fair bit of the blame for our ****ey season, even though he's hardly played.

Cos a large percentage dont watch the games lol

;)

Wallace is an exceptional young player and is capable of being a stand out for us

Instead he is a victim of our crap coaching and is another top prospectr in danger of being ruined by this club

I don't think he has let us down at any time and his versatility is exceptional.

He's only 19/20 and has been playing since he was 17.

Sometimes I think people forget he and elliot are still kids, just due to how long they have been around

You don't often get told this but Good post !

loveofthegame
"GOOD" youngster?

You obviously are a better judge of a footballer than George Burley, and Walter Smith who has been linked with making a bid for him, and the Scotland under 21 coaches who've been picking him for years.

FWIW i think Wallace could be an outstanding player, bags of ability just needs a manager in charge to help with his attitude etc.

Burley obviously rates him. He was playing him in centre mid at times in those few games he was in charge, again suggesting he sees him as a quality footballer.

When he was first breaking into the team i used to say i thought he'd a superstar, although his development under the current regime has suffered like many others. Just hope hes given the oppertunity to improve at us. Not ready to play for Scotland yet but if he was to be called up it could only do him good.

You obviously are a better judge of a footballer than George Burley, and Walter Smith who has been linked with making a bid for him, and the Scotland under 21 coaches who've been picking him for years.

FWIW i think Wallace could be an outstanding player, bags of ability just needs a manager in charge to help with his attitude etc.

Burley obviously rates him. He was playing him in centre mid at times in those few games he was in charge, again suggesting he sees him as a quality footballer.

When he was first breaking into the team i used to say i thought he'd a superstar, although his development under the current regime has suffered like many others. Just hope hes given the oppertunity to improve at us. Not ready to play for Scotland yet but if he was to be called up it could only do him good.

I have to agree with you mate, remember his goal in the cup against kille, cafu eat your heart out.

I think he has made steady progress in the last 2 years consider he had takis in front of him and bambi. If anything i thought he was lacking a bit of confidence in the early part of the season. It was causes by being in and out of a losing team that hammered him. LAtely he has a spring in his step and he is back doing what he likes by getting forward and support the man up front.

Look at his performances for the scotland 19s and 21s, he has being outstanding for them. I can't think of another under 21 player who would be up there with him tbh!

Carl Weathers

Jay McEveley is only 22 and a great prospect.

Burley obviously liked what he seen with Wallace when he was at us.

I still rate Wallace highly myself, probably not ready for a call up but he's a good player.

Wallace is a decent talent and will go onto play for Scotland. :cool:

Captain Canada

He deserves a chance and hopefully he'll do well. He should also be a fixture in our team, he's much better than Jose and if he works on the defensive side of his game a bit more he will be a top player.

During the Under 19's Euro's and Under 20's World Cup Wallace and Fletcher were absolute stand outs.

I think Wallace is more suited to European and International games. Technially he is outstanding for his age, he is athletic and is very comfortable on the ball. Simply, he is an exceptional prospect.

IMHO A very common misconception is that Lee Wallace is a left back.

He is not a left back but a left sided midfield player and has been utilised at left back due to

A) crap alternatives

or

B) crap management

As with Berra, get him in and see how he does over a couple of trainng sessions and games.

Can only be good for him and Hearts in the long run.

WeeToonJambo
I have to agree with you mate, remember his goal in the cup against kille, cafu eat your heart out.

I think he has made steady progress in the last 2 years consider he had takis in front of him and bambi. If anything i thought he was lacking a bit of confidence in the early part of the season. It was causes by being in and out of a losing team that hammered him. LAtely he has a spring in his step and he is back doing what he likes by getting forward and support the man up front.

Look at his performances for the scotland 19s and 21s, he has being outstanding for them. I can't think of another under 21 player who would be up there with him tbh!

I agree 100%. That goal against Killie gave us a preview of what was to come. Unfortunately he hasn't progressed as he should, although recent signs have been good, and when our new manager is appointed I think we'll see the best of Lee (and some other players who are presently underachieving).

:107years:

Like some others I hadn't used this yet and felt I just had to!!

Would have Wallace every time ahead of him. Better player and Wallace is actually Scottish too.

Mcevely's comments after the miko incident stuck with me too don't want to see him in a Scotland shirt again.

Instead he is a victim of our crap coaching and is another top prospect in danger of being ruined by this club

I agree. Our coaching is terrible. The fitness of the whole squad is shocking, especially.

No Nonsense

Not as technichally gifted as Wallace IMO. He is a wholehearted break your legs kind of defender with more of a athletic physique than Waldo, however Wallace is still growing and may be able to obtain such attributes. On the other hand it is much harder to achieve better technique... see Robbie Neilson!

chester copperpot

Wallace's best game for us IMO was a game whereby Burley adopted him in the CM role, and he played superb.

I'm pleased for Lee, as none of this shambles this year has been his fault.

Good on you lad, and good luck.

markletissier

good wing back, i rate him.

if only we had a carbon copy of him for the opposite flank!

I think Wallace would be a stand out for us in a 3-5-2 formation, he seems to be more comfortable as an attacking player than a left-back, but he's not an out and out winger either.

I'd be happy to see him get a game for Scotland and Hearts. Distribution is better than Jose's, has the pace needed and he has decent aerial ability aswell. He can hardly show us any level of consistency when he has probably not played more than 2/3 games on the bounce all season!

Ibrahim Tall

If McEveley was a great prospect he wouldn't be playing for Scotland.

loveofthegame
If McEveley was a great prospect he wouldn't be playing for Scotland.

A very good point. He's also not always getting a game for the worst side in Premiership history.

Nothing special by any sense of the imagination

richardhateshibs
I like Trigger.

I'd have him in the team before Bambi every day of the week.

i will second that!!! he also has a gun, and shoots Hibees!!:ph34r:

Alan Johnson

did burley not play mcallistair ahead of wallace when he was at hearts btw?

didn't burley play takis ahead of wallace?

HMFCjamieHMFC
didn't burley play takis ahead of wallace?

yeah he did but come on takis was a reining euro championship holder

Archived