Only in America?

davemclaren

davemclaren

I was sent this ( 2 minutes ago ) in an email from one my wife's relatives in the US. Now I've met this guy several times over there and when he's been over here and I believe he is a Democrat, and pretty liberal, but I did find this a bit worrying as to where the States is heading. :confused:

Right on, Andy Rooney !

Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United ***** College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don 't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe . I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough..

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

I was asked to send this on if I agree or delete if I don't. It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a problem in having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having 'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!!

If you agree, pass this on, if not delete.

CompleteIdiot
I was sent this ( 2 minutes ago ) in an email from one my wife's relatives in the US. Now I've met this guy several times over there and when he's been over here and I believe he is a Democrat, and pretty liberal, but I did find this a bit worrying as to where the States is heading. :confused:

Right on, Andy Rooney !

Andy Rooney said on '60 Minutes' a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United ***** College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right 'NOT' to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich I don't pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say 'NO!'

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of 'Political Correctness.' I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa ; so how can they be 'African-Americans'? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don 't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe . I am proud to be from America and nowhere else

And if you don't like my point of view, tough..

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

I was asked to send this on if I agree or delete if I don't. It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a problem in having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having 'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!!

If you agree, pass this on, if not delete.

He also promotes people being chipped.

Andy Rooney is an old curmudgeon who does a spiel on Sixty Minutes on a Sunday night. He is old enough and been around long enough that he says what he likes and cares less about the consequences. He can be controversial but I like him, he is actually more of an entertainer than anything. I have never heard any complaints about his statements, although there may have been some.

It's also a pile of crap that's been floating around the internet for donkeys years. He never said it at all.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Middle America is consumed by a nostalgic view of fifties white supremacy. They wallow in it rather than getting on in the modern world. That is why the Chinese are going to crush the life out of them over the next decade. It is also why guff like this is spread all over the internet countless times.

It's also a pile of crap that's been floating around the internet for donkeys years. He never said it at all.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp

Well said. I've received the same email a number of times, and it's purported to quote Micheal Kramer in court and Mel Gibson when he was arrested as well as Andy Rooney.

Middle America is consumed by a nostalgic view of fifties white supremacy.

Totally disagree. I've met many middle Americans, and although they can be more than a tad ignorant of the US role in the modern world, they are seldom racist.

They wallow in it rather than getting on in the modern world.

True. As I said above, many believe the US of A has some god given right to be the the most prosperous, powerful and influential nation on Earth.

That is why the Chinese are going to crush the life out of them over the next decade.

Disagree. People said the same about Japan in the 80s, India in the 90s and now it's China.

It is also why guff like this is spread all over the internet countless times.

Again, well said :thumb:

Well Rab you live there, so you probably do know the people better than me.

I spent 6 months backpacking thru the USA and had a brilliant time, but I have to disagree about the racism bit.

Although people aren't running around with hoods on abusing blacks and mexicans, there is a very old-fashioned attitude towards how good it used to be before the blacks and mexicans "took over".

I continually have to remind myself of the genuinely nice people I met when in the USA because the government viewpoint as far as the rest of the world goes has been nothing short of horrifying. It makes me think of America as people must have thought about Hitler's Germany in the mid to late 1930's.

The ignorance (as far as world culture goes) of the Americans used to be quite appealing, now it is being thoroughly abused by the neo-conservatives to strip the world of civil rights and the Americans themselves are one of the biggest victims.

The over-comfortable existence of 4 generations of Americans seems to have left them vulnerable to exploitation from out-siders and from within.

Onto the Chinese - I once attended a presentation by IBM that talked of how the Japanese cornered all manufacturing of television tubes within a decade. From producing none, they cornered the lowest end of the market purely on price, then increased quality and reliability to win the middle market and through R&D and innovation cornered the high end soon afterwards.

The Chinese are doing this with every single manufactured product. They already market all of the low and middle ground and significantly larger proportions of even high end products are manufactured there.

The Japanese did not have the population or the population control that the Chinese have, they did not have the marketing opportunities that the internet presents and they had an anti-Asian bias to conquer that China needn't worry about.

America has consistently maintained a large manufacturing base in spite of the Japanese etc., but that manufacturing base simply cannot compete with what the Chinese are doing. As they get even better year on year the blue collar demise will be catastrophic.

I may be wrong, because I am no economist, but the pace at which the Chinese are amassing money and power is truly amazing and can't be compared with what the Japanese did.

I don't honestly think that the existing Western nations stand a chance in the mid-term because the Chinese are going to be controlling all inward trade and the West will have a near zero manufacturing capability. Tough times ahead for the white man IMO.

Agree with most of what is said, other than the gun bit. To compare a gun to a car or a bat is nonsense. A gun serves one purpose only, cars and bats may be misused to kill people but also have a more innocent use as well. Unless I am mistaken, the only thing a gun is good for is shooting!

The Old Tolbooth

Mike Graham would have a few things to say on the above email on Talk107

(that number just keeps popping up for some reason) :D

heart of lothian

Lived in P.A. for three years and had a fantastic time. The people couldnt have been friendlier and work was easy to get. Contrast that with the Black guy's I worked with who struggled to get promoted and generally found life that wee bit tougher. Throw in to the mix about 10-20% militant Christians who believe exactly what the top Email says.

I always thought that the States had the Best and Worst of things.

My missus (who's American) prefers it in Scotland and would never go back.

What a daft old right wing fart. So he believes he should be able to think, say and do what he wants but nobody should ever be allowed to annoy or disagree with him? That self centred attitude is going to help nobody and is no doubt a big part of the reason America and Britain are so ****ed up. Unless we can find a comfortable middle ground you just have to take the rough with the smooth, that's life.

Archived