Rugby Week-ends in Edinburgh

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?
Only thing worse is people arrogant about their ignorance!!

A perfect description of the majority of regular posters on the Terrace. :P

Era Macaroons

I was disgusted to go to Murrayfiield to watch a totally dire game, the pubs nearby full of discarded drinks cans,people openly urinating. In the ground most of the fans were bevvied up and shouting obcenities at their own players, then at the end watching a hooligan kicking an official at the players enterance. But yes, normally footballs much better than rugby apart from that Ferencvaros game.

I see the usual suspects still have those very large chips on their shoulders.

I've never seen any trouble but any rugby fans at all. Football fans however, every weekend. I was out for a bit on saturday, never came accross any trouble from Scotland or England fans, I did however here a Hearts fan saying to a hun "Aye - we like you guys, we shud go look for fenians and give them a kick in".

Of Course you did...:annoyed:

Were were you when you heard it?? How did you know it was a Hearts Fan?? How did you know he was talking to a Rankgers Fan??

Complete Bollox mate...Why you would come out with this Pesh...**** Only knows...Maybe want to make yourself seem...God Knows what you want to make yourself seem!! :confused:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
You could have 20 football fans walking down a street with an elderly couple walking towards them.

OR

You could have 20 rugby fans walking down a street with an elderly couple walking towards them.

I know who my money would be on to step out on the road to let them by.

The old people?

Being a follower of both sports (and a massive Scotland fan), I reckon the 6 Nations weekends are great banter (always good craic when the away fans are in town). Watching all the games, drinking, having banter. Never seen any trouble.

Always go to Murrayfield. Normally quite expensive, but I won't grudge ?45 to watch us beat England. Magic! The atnosphere was amazing. The game wasn't great, but it was close, so was exciting. We won, so I don't care if it wasn't the best game.

I'll also say the rugby players are hard b######s and put their bodies on the line for their club/country, (unlike some footballers, who cheat, dive and feign injury).

the (over) use of the word "banter" on you post gives me the boak.

"great banter" "cracking banter" "its all about the banter"

its one of my JKB (and real life) pet hates.

your descrition of rugby players being "hard b******s" also gives me the boak

I see the usual suspects still have those very large chips on their shoulders.

I've never seen any trouble but any rugby fans at all. Football fans however, every weekend. I was out for a bit on saturday, never came accross any trouble from Scotland or England fans, I did however here a Hearts fan saying to a hun "Aye - we like you guys, we shud go look for fenians and give them a kick in".

Toggie you clearly can't get out much then. :P

Anyone who uses the word 'banter' needs a good right-hander to the puss.

"Banter" is right up there with "random" in terms of ****e words that are used by cretinous ******s. "Random banter" is the worst phrase in the English language, except for maybe "actual random banter".

Archived