USA! USA! USA!

Buffalo Bill

southside1874

A red card offence is a red card offence if the referee sees it that way Obviously the offence you allude to obviously wasn't. What ? Do you know better than FIFA ?

You obviously watched your team this afternoon when the ref there thought that 2 tackles in the early minutes by England players were not yellow cards much to even 'Lawro's' surprise (how bad are Guy n' Lawro by the way !!)

Never mind dry yer eyes yer through from what was it the SUN called it "The EASY" section in second place Well for one more game at least :whistling:

Thats the beauty of the psychological battle. Come out and hit them early and catch the ref off guard. Brellier done it quite a lot and got them into a victim mode. Not the mode for winners :whistling: Anyone remember Scott hardman brown limping off :)

shaun.lawson

Shaun...you're SERIOUS????

Nah....FIFA can't stand the clear light of day when they already have their heads in the sand! It's coming....the 93rd minute U.S goal did today was graet but stopped video replays coming quicker.

Sure I am. International football isn't just about football at all: it's about politics, culture clashes, and is akin to war waged through other means. FIFA know all this, know the worldwide debate which controversy causes; and I think that's why they continue to resist something which so many other sports have embraced.

Sure I am. International football isn't just about football at all: it's about politics, culture clashes, and is akin to war waged through other means. FIFA know all this, know the worldwide debate which controversy causes; and I think that's why they continue to resist something which so many other sports have embraced.

:lol:

Spot the Englishman!

Me and 3 colleagues sneaked out the office at quarter past eleven to catch the end of the game. Watched it in a dive bar that was completely rammed; place erupted when Donovan scored!

I've never been that interested in the US national team in the 11 years I've lived here, but it's a complete blast watching them in this World Cup :thumbsup:

southside1874

Like Gary Weir never scored in the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, no! The English mentality. It's really about the GAME!

Notice that the Japanese have no injuries or cards........I lived there for 15 years and refereed schools football......they understand discipline.

Anyway, the U.S went nuts at 9.17am Pacific time today! As a result, video...it's coming..............

southside1874

Oh, no! The English mentality. It's really about the GAME!

Notice that the Japanese have no injuries or cards........I lived there for 15 years and refereed schools football......they understand discipline.

Anyway, the U.S went nuts at 9.17am Pacific time today! As a result, video...it's coming..............

**** are about honour, they wont let you down and they won't be sneaky. They learned from Pearl Harbour. In general they don't like the sneaky way the west go about things, Like the rest of the world but the west :teehee: But when their chips are up they will and do treat us like **** that will and did astound us. They fought like wankers and as a nation they want to be honourable now. History is written by the victors, losers cling to some form of honour :)

**** are about honour, they wont let you down and they won't be sneaky. They learned from Pearl Harbour. In general they don't like the sneaky way the west go about things, Like the rest of the world but the west :teehee: But when their chips are up they will and do treat us like **** that will and did astound us. They fought like wankers and as a nation they want to be honourable now. History is written by the victors, losers cling to some form of honour :)

lolwut?

:lol:

Spot the Englishman!

Me and 3 colleagues sneaked out the office at quarter past eleven to catch the end of the game. Watched it in a dive bar that was completely rammed; place erupted when Donovan scored!

I've never been that interested in the US national team in the 11 years I've lived here, but it's a complete blast watching them in this World Cup :thumbsup:

Amen to that. Cannae wait for Saturday - 1.30pm kick off in the Texas heat, boozer will be rammed and barmaids dresses particularly skimpy.

Amen to that. Cannae wait for Saturday - 1.30pm kick off in the Texas heat, boozer will be rammed and barmaids dresses particularly skimpy.

Don't mistake the Japanese of today with 70 years ago......all of us weren't born then........but, yes...at 1.30am Pacific Time on Saturday I'll be screaming for the U.S.

C'mon, we'd have all been delirious today if that had been Scotland that had scored in the 93rd minute to top the group!

Don't mistake the Japanese of today with 70 years ago......all of us weren't born then........but, yes...at 1.30am Pacific Time on Saturday I'll be screaming for the U.S.

C'mon, we'd have all been delirious today if that had been Scotland that had scored in the 93rd minute to top the group!

Right you are...

The Old Tolbooth

As predicted before the tournament started, the 4/1 on offer about the Americans topping their group proved to be outstanding value :thumbsup:

Next up Ghana in a game that has the potential to be a belter, depending on which Ghana turn up of course. One thing is for sure though, the Americans thoroughly deserve to be there after being robbed of a perfectly legitimate winner against Slovenia, and having a perfectly good goal chalked off again yesterday. Knockout football is where it's at for the Yanks and thye have this never say die attitude which could carry them very far in the competition, remember they beat Spain in the Fed Cup semi's last year.

As predicted before the tournament started, the 4/1 on offer about the Americans topping their group proved to be outstanding value :thumbsup:

Next up Ghana in a game that has the potential to be a belter, depending on which Ghana turn up of course. One thing is for sure though, the Americans thoroughly deserve to be there after being robbed of a perfectly legitimate winner against Slovenia, and having a perfectly good goal chalked off again yesterday. Knockout football is where it's at for the Yanks and thye have this never say die attitude which could carry them very far in the competition, remember they beat Spain in the Fed Cup semi's last year.

I am impressed by the guts of the US, having come back from being behind in two out of three games, and kitchen sinking it against Algeria to get the win. Bit vulnerable at centre half, but gutsy and won't worry about the reputations of the teams that they are playing.

Had a cheeky 20 quid on them at 94-1, don't think they'll win, but semi-final looks possible now that they have "England's easy draw".....

FWIW I think England will beat Germany all the same, (so stick your mortgage on Germany....)

Archived