Lanzarote

hughesie27

Mabye going with a mate in the Summer. He has found 14 nights flight + hotel for ?310. Is it any good, I've never been before.

Mabye going with a mate in the Summer. He has found 14 nights flight + hotel for ?310. Is it any good, I've never been before.

Depends on the resorts and the like

Some of the resorts are more suited to younger people than others, likewise watch the location of the hotel

I went about 5 years ago now and our resort was about 2 miles from the centre

Lanzarote is nice. We've been about 5 times. Best beach is at Papagayo, Puerto del Carmen is the busy resort near to Arrecife, and Playa Blanca is nice if you want quiet and relaxing. So it depends where you're going and what suits you I guess. ?310 ain't bad for 2 weeks. Do you know which resort or accom you'll be in?

Lanzarote is a winter destination. Why anybody flies 2 hours past Spain in the summer is beyond me.

Hughesie is a young lad and I think you will be bored across there. It is more family orientated or for couples.

Get yourself Majorca or Ibiza.

I'm going myself with a bunch of mates from work. It is a little quieter than the big sleazy resorts but I guess it's what you make of it.

We've got a nice 3 story villa so we'll be able to escape to club 18-30 tozzers.

I'm going myself with a bunch of mates from work. It is a little quieter than the big sleazy resorts but I guess it's what you make of it.

We've got a nice 3 story villa so we'll be able to escape to club 18-30 tozzers.

How would you compare it to the quieter resorts of Zante(I was in Tsilivi last year). Or Benalmadena.

Ryan Gosling
How would you compare it to the quieter resorts of Zante(I was in Tsilivi last year). Or Benalmadena.

Lanzarote is basically quiet restaurants and family fun.

I go to Lanzarote every year with the family and we love it. We go to Costa Teguise which is very family orientated so I am assuming you and your mate are heading for Puerto Del Carmen. We personally dont like PDC as this is where the younger folk go and is a bit to lively for us. Its going to be even livelier this Summer as Club 18-30 are going there for the first time. I cant tell you to much about PDC but if you are going to Costa Teguise you will have to visit my three favourite bars which are Broons Bar,Popeyes and Smiggys which are all owned by Jambos. I dont know when you will be there but I am going the last fortnight in July so if your there then you are very welcome to join me for a few drinks.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Lanzarote is a winter destination. Why anybody flies 2 hours past Spain in the summer is beyond me.

Hughesie is a young lad and I think you will be bored across there. It is more family orientated or for couples.

Get yourself Majorca or Ibiza.

Hughesie - I've got to agree with Deek. At your age you don't want to be going to Lanzarote, regardless of how cheap it is.

Pay extra and get yourself to Magaluf or Ibiza. You'll love it, and you are bound to meet some lovely young fillies aswell :P

I miss being 17/18 :eek:

Nucky Thompson
Couldn't have put it better myself. I'm not long back from Tenerife and had a great time, but there is no way I would go there from May to September when I could get the same weather anywhere in Spain.

i love playa blanca in lanzarote but i have two kids. if i did not i would not go there with my mates, too many families. if you do go PDC is the only resort even slightly geared for young folk. playa blanca does not even have a nightclub i don't think

Billy the Jambo
Lanza is pants , been but wouldn't go back

I agree i went to PDC with the wife 4 years ago hated the place wouldnt go back if you paid me

right so if we were to avoid Lanzarote then where else would you reccomend? Is Malta any good? Any of the Other resorts in Zante? I know Laganas is good but what about Argassi, Kalamaki?

Look for somewhere cheap that has a few lively resorts. Kos used to be pretty good that way, not sure now as I'm a bit out the loop.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Go to Ibiza.

Plenty bevy, lively atmosphere, good clubs and plenty chemicals to destroy your mind! :eek:

Nucky Thompson

Direct holidays are doing holidays from Edinburgh to Rhodes starting this year, great flight times too.

Look for somewhere cheap that has a few lively resorts. Kos used to be pretty good that way, not sure now as I'm a bit out the loop.

I was in Lanzarote in January and it was actually really good, busier than what I thought it would be and a lot of young folk, I would imagine it will be even better in the summer, but I suppose it depends what you like! I was in Puerto del Carmen.

I was in Kos a couple of years ago and it was really good, I would recommend there, also Malia and Ayia Napa are good, but can be very pricey.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Go to Ibiza.

Plenty bevy, lively atmosphere, good clubs and plenty chemicals to destroy your mind! :eek:

Add on to that the fact that there are literally thousands of young females there. Pretty much all that a 17 year old should want.

Hughesie - Mr Partirdge is correct.

chester copperpot

Hughsie,

Do not go to Lanzarote mate, I felt young, and I was there with my 2 kids and I am 33.

Plenty of cheap options to go to which are much livlier and better for the female company.

The only lasses that you'd be able to cop off with in Lanzarote are 14 year old lassies who are on their holidays with their parents. Actually might suit one of our other posters though :eek:

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Hughsie,

Do not go to Lanzarote mate, I felt young, and I was there with my 2 kids and I am 33.

Plenty of cheap options to go to which are much livlier and better for the female company.

The only lasses that you'd be able to cop off with in Lanzarote are 14 year old lassies who are on their holidays with their parents. Actually might suit one of our other posters though :eek:

Can folk from Airdire actually afford holidays?

;)

Can folk from Airdire actually afford holidays?

;)

There was me thinking he meant Adi Dassler.

Get yourself to Cancun.

Preferably in Spring time. Spring break. Loose American girls.

Never been personally but from what I have heard, read and seen it sounds pretty goo.

bobthejambo
I go to Lanzarote every year with the family and we love it. We go to Costa Teguise which is very family orientated so I am assuming you and your mate are heading for Puerto Del Carmen. We personally dont like PDC as this is where the younger folk go and is a bit to lively for us. Its going to be even livelier this Summer as Club 18-30 are going there for the first time. I cant tell you to much about PDC but if you are going to Costa Teguise you will have to visit my three favourite bars which are Broons Bar,Popeyes and Smiggys which are all owned by Jambos. I dont know when you will be there but I am going the last fortnight in July so if your there then you are very welcome to join me for a few drinks.

thats the wifes uncle's bar very good jambo

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Get yourself to Cancun.

Never been personally but from what I have heard, read and seen it sounds pretty goo.

He's 17 and talking abvout spending a few hundred quid. He'll hardly get to Cancun and back with that.

:eek:

JamboFamily

weve been twice as guy i worked wi owns popeyes scott and jill,thistle used 2 b good but broonys took over.

Iv been to laganas for the past couple of years andI would highly recommend it, not much to do through the day except sun bathe and give the talent down the beach a bit of chat ;)

Night life is excellent aswell.

Porto Del Carmen is the main resort, there is a bar near the old town called the Highlander, my mate owns it, he has a hearts top on the wall that i gave him.

There are not many Scottish bars on the island, loads of Irish bars , and English bars.

The centre of Porto Del Carmen is the livliest, a few nightclubs, and plenty bars.

dont leave your drinks un attended if going to the clubs, i have heard of drinks being spiked.

im going over on the 20th of this month for 2 weeks, ill get you the full address of the Highlander bar.

ill send it to you when i return.

cheers.

Porto Del Carmen is the main resort, there is a bar near the old town called the Highlander, my mate owns it, he has a hearts top on the wall that i gave him.

There are not many Scottish bars on the island, loads of Irish bars , and English bars.

The centre of Porto Del Carmen is the livliest, a few nightclubs, and plenty bars.

dont leave your drinks un attended if going to the clubs, i have heard of drinks being spiked.

im going over on the 20th of this month for 2 weeks, ill get you the full address of the Highlander bar.

ill send it to you when i return.

cheers.

Cheers amte, appreciated. If I go over there I'll make an effort to go in.

Call me old fashioned but I'd be looking for Spanish bars.

Ryan Gosling
Get yourself to Cancun.

Pinilla has a house on the beach in Cancun - fact.

Cheers amte, appreciated. If I go over there I'll make an effort to go in.

The owner of the Highlander Bar is Ronnie, he is originally from Harthill, he is a Rangers fan, i gave him a hearts top after we won the cup in 98, he wore it all the time,

Ask for Ronie if you find the bar, its near the old town, im going over on Thursday so ill get the full address and e mail when i return, i will include a few photos if you like.

Cheers.

It's a cracking island mate. Plenty bars for young and a bit "older" folk an aw.

If you are going then give me a shout and i'll make sure you get a few cheap drinks while you are out.

Archived