Krakow...

Gimme an H...

Gimme an H...

Anyone been? Going on a stag do in June...Ive heard its the new Prague :P

jamboinglasgow

Well my brother is having his stag weeked there this verry weekend so I will find out. I could of gone but stupid uni thought it would be fun to shove all my essays on the last days of term so I am too busy.

My Dad has even gone though he was complemplating whether to go to Auschwitz (about 10 miles down the road) to have a look (saying he has never been there before and is interested in history) but thinks it may ruin the trip, I agree.

Dean Winchester

Havent been personally but my dad went on a stag do last summer. Got pretty pished etc. and absolutely loved it.

They went to Auschwitz on the Sunday and they all pretty much said it was the best part of the weekend. Interesting and very eery. Couldn't stop talking about it when he got home.

I have been had great time stayed in the Lenin

cheap beer cheap food cheap women lol

forget the name of the strip joint but it was nice

conn artist

krakow is an excellant town, def get to aushwitz if you can, very humbling experiance. stay in the old town and you wont need to leave the old town walls. i recommend eating at this place

http://www.cracow-life.com/eat/restaurants_details/106-U_Babci_Maliny

if you want to eat good cheap polish food. it is hard to find, basically it us under a library. look for the sandwhich board outside with the cartoonish image of the granny on it that is on the above website. the name of the placed translates to something like granny rasberries house.

decent wee irish bar not far from the main square with sky etc for the football.

enjoy

Doctor FinnBarr

You should be ok for a hump, loads of desperate housewifes, cos the blokes are all here!:107hobo:

krakow is an excellant town, def get to aushwitz if you can, very humbling experiance. stay in the old town and you wont need to leave the old town walls. i recommend eating at this place

http://www.cracow-life.com/eat/restaurants_details/106-U_Babci_Maliny

if you want to eat good cheap polish food. it is hard to find, basically it us under a library. look for the sandwhich board outside with the cartoonish image of the granny on it that is on the above website. the name of the placed translates to something like granny rasberries house.

decent wee irish bar not far from the main square with sky etc for the football.

enjoy

Go all the way to Poland and sit in an Irish themed bar? (not for the whole trip i assume)

No offence Con Artist but you have quite rightly recomended the place for a visit as it is a beautiful City and also a decent restaurant but i thought themed bars, especially Irish ones :ph34r: are a no no ?

Each to their own i suppose

Italian Lambretta

Krakow is superb in the summer, sitting in Rynek Glowny (Very Large Main Square) drinking beer and watching the Polish models stroll past:food-smiley-004:

I've been 3 times and have a bit of a soft spot for the place:p

You should also go to the former Jewish district of Josefa were there are some nice bars to chill out. Its also the place were the made some of the famous scenes from Shindlers List.

And finally, as some have said you should really make the effort and go to Auschwitz.

Other sites include; The Salt Mines, Wawel Castle & the former Jewish Ghetto at Podgorze.

Lots to see, but not really when on a stag doo:)

Romanov Stole My Pension
Krakow is superb in the summer, sitting in Rynek Glowny (Very Large Main Square) drinking beer and watching the Polish models stroll past:food-smiley-004:

I've been 3 times and have a bit of a soft spot for the place:p

You should also go to the former Jewish district of Josefa were there are some nice bars to chill out. Its also the place were the made some of the famous scenes from Shindlers List.

And finally, as some have said you should really make the effort and go to Auschwitz.

Other sites include; The Salt Mines, Wawel Castle & the former Jewish Ghetto at Podgorze.

Lots to see, but not really when on a stag doo:)

I've been to Krakow and thought it was brilliant.

The depth and size of the salt mine is staggering in Velicka (ok it's spelt some other way, but it's pronounced the same). Seems like you're walking down stairs for an eternity, the lifts on the way back up are just scary though

going in 3 weeks for 5 days with the lads.

shall return with info.

Funny that, I'm off there with Mrs M in three weeks as well! There'll be a good Jambo presence that week!

I've been to Krakow and thought it was brilliant.

The depth and size of the salt mine is staggering in Velicka (ok it's spelt some other way, but it's pronounced the same). Seems like you're walking down stairs for an eternity, the lifts on the way back up are just scary though

Hats off to my Dad for making an inappropriate "feels like we're getting lined up by the Nazis" comment just before we went into the lift.

Went to Auschwitz the next day, the jokes dried up funnilly enough.

I would agree the saltmines are pretty impressive, although quite expensive to get into. The town they are in is really nice though, and one of the newsagents sells irn-bru.

Krakow itself is a beautiful city, I will definitely return at some point.

Gimme an H...

Cheers guys, all really positive it sounds like. Cant wait!!

Auschwitz has been mentioned, not sure if im looking forward to that.

Krakow is a fantastic city, can only go along with what others have said re. places worth visiting.

Auschwitz is about an hour and a half away by train, you might be better getting a bus if you're going. Try and go to a game Cracovia and Wisla both play in the top league, mental stuff.

Krakow is a brilliant place to spend a few days, never made it to Auschwitz(pelted it doon the day we were going to visit), but did get to the Salt Mines, well worth a visit if you have a spare half day.

conn artist
Go all the way to Poland and sit in an Irish themed bar? (not for the whole trip i assume)

No offence Coon Artist but you have quite rightly recomended the place for a visit as it is a beautiful City and also a decent restaurant but i thought themed bars, especially Irish ones :ph34r: are a no no ?

dont see the problem with going to an irish bar myself, you honestly saying you have never been to an irish bar before?

the couple of the lads who run it are bang on and the 4 or 5 cracking looking barmaids they employ are more than easy on the eye. the banter with other punters was also a laugh. actually met another jambo and a lad from dunfermline in their.

I was there for a few days during our tour of europe last summer. Great place, nice people, great beer and food, and good for a night out or two. Tyskie and Lech are great out the tap. Served in most restaurants and pubs/clubs. One restaurant to try is called Sioux, I think thats the spelling, its pronounced just like the name Sue. Went to a club called Frantic which was great got steaming and were plenty of good birds there. Try a club called Prozac aswell, meant to be great never went myself.

Went to Auschwitz aswell. Just something you might want to experience, hard to explain really. Get one of the bus tours to it from one of the tourist places. Fairly cheap and you get a guide to take you round and explain all the parts to you.

I was there for a few days during our tour of europe last summer. Great place, nice people, great beer and food, and good for a night out or two. Tyskie and Lech are great out the tap. Served in most restaurants and pubs/clubs. One restaurant to try is called Sioux, I think thats the spelling, its pronounced just like the name Sue. Went to a club called Frantic which was great got steaming and were plenty of good birds there. Try a club called Prozac aswell, meant to be great never went myself.

Went to Auschwitz aswell. Just something you might want to experience, hard to explain really. Get one of the bus tours to it from one of the tourist places. Fairly cheap and you get a guide to take you round and explain all the parts to you.

Was in Frantic, seemed a lot more upmarket from the others even though the prices were the same.

Carpe Diem II on a Monday was brilliant.

Went there in 1996. Saw a pitched battle between Wisla Krakow and Legia Warsaw fans.

Apparently, Lviv in the Ukraine is the new Krakow.

Got me interested in this city now , who,s airline folks been using, Globespan?

Think EasyJet are the only ones who go there. Not quite as cheap as it used to be (cheers Gordon Brown), but still pretty reasonable.

No offence Conn Artist but you have quite rightly recomended the place for a visit as it is a beautiful City and also a decent restaurant but i thought themed bars, especially Irish ones :ph34r: are a no no ?

p

dont see the problem with going to an irish bar myself, you honestly saying you have never been to an irish bar before?

the couple of the lads who run it are bang on and the 4 or 5 cracking looking barmaids they employ are more than easy on the eye. the banter with other punters was also a laugh. actually met another jambo and a lad from dunfermline in their.

Not digging here, all i'm trying to say is if your cultural you wouldn't want to sit in an Irish themed bar in Krakow, explore and sample the Polish bars no?

Archived