New Order

Julio

simply are the greatest band ever. :)

Hardly! A decent band, but the greatest ever?:confused:

Joy Division are better (sorry, were)

:D

Curtis was amazing Dexter that there is no doubt. An inspiration to many. However, from the ashes of JD New Order rose like a phoenix. :)

chester copperpot
Joy Division are better (sorry, were)

:D

You just cannot argue with that statement :)

New Order - no better than the Pet Shop Boys and that is NOT meant as a compliment.

Stick to Kylie and INXS MJ. :)

Adi Dassler

You could argue all day about who was the greatest band ever and it's quite clearly down to personal taste.

But i will say that without a doubt Joy Dvision/New Order are my personal favourite.

Gigolo-Aunt

Joy Division are a great band. Soaked up the influence of some great American/British music and came out with something unique.

New Order produced some pioneering (sp) albums in the 80's. The influence they had over the cross over to dance music is something that will never been forgotten.

However, IMO Tony Wilson was right - when New Order left Factory and got all the things they wanted (money etc) they would become boring. I think he was not far away with that one. Started to play 5 a side football when they signed for London. Just going over the same old ground.

Adi Dassler
Joy Division are a great band. Soaked up the influence of some great American/British music and came out with something unique.

New Order produced some pioneering (sp) albums in the 80's. The influence they had over the cross over to dance music is something that will never been forgotten.

However, IMO Tony Wilson was right - when New Order left Factory and got all the things they wanted (money etc) they would become boring. I think he was not far away with that one. Started to play 5 a side football when they signed for London. Just going over the same old ground.

Martin Hannett.

Adi Dassler
Yup. Not the easiest of chaps to work with though!

Unique might be the word.

Have you read "Who killed Martin Hannett" by Colin Sharpe?

Very good read and a different slant on the relationships between the key Factory players. Wilson, Erasmus, Gretton, Hannett etc.

Gigolo-Aunt
Unique might be the word.

Have you read "Who killed Martin Hannett" by Colin Sharpe?

Very good read and a different slant on the relationships between the key Factory players. Wilson, Erasmus, Gretton, Hannett etc.

Have not, will check that out.

:cool:

Peaked with their first single...ok up to Blue Monday then downward spiral thereafter.

Think their demise can be traced to Mrs Merton. :rolleyes:

PsychocAndy

New Order are/were? an entity in themselves. Totally removed from Joy Division. Both great bands both different. Who knows how Joy Division would have turned out had Ian Curtis not killed himself, would they have been that much different, Hooky and Bernard don't think so and they knew the bloke. Me I like both but would say my favourite was.......

The Jesus and Marychain

:107years:

I love this smilie

Archived