Robbie?

Sambo The Jambo

Clearly you know knackall about football and tend to follow the trend here of having a go at Robbie. He is not our main problem by a long shot and we need more with his attitude on the park. He may not be the best right back in the world but he is usually adequate. As to playing Karapidis at right back, (by the way nobody calls him Kara,)! That is just asking for trouble!

Away back to FM 2008 or however it is you young folks learn about football these days!

If Robbie is not our main problem we are indeep s*** , 4 goals conceded in 4 games caused by mistakes from this numpty, if he is a RB Beniuseless is a CF.

1 Willie Gibson

Flimsy - my point leaving the ground last week, teams are beating (or scoring) against as we have been gifting goals.

When was the last game you left and thought honestly that the opposition had scored a good goal against us and worked hard for it. Maybe the end product for Well's 1st last week but still could have been avoided before they got to the 18 yard line

Well I hope Robbie 'The Tackle' Neilson is playing cause if he's not we'll be in trouble!!!!

Not one other player at the Club right now I'd have at RB.

don't tell me we haven't any players at hearts who couldn't play right back.

don't tell me we haven't anyone at hearts who isn't a better right back than neilson.

please don't tell me !!

Guest Dipped Flake
Good point DF....Whoever plays gets should get total support from us in the stands....lets send the docksiders back to the ports with their tails firmly between their legs!!!

Purely my opinion tho our new gaffer needs to look at the quality of our defenders at the club!

I totally agree WG, especially the 'good point DF bit'!!!!!

Seems a long time ago now that our back four was recognised as the best in Scotland, although I suppose the goalie had a lot to do with that.

[quote=1 Willie Gibson;10543

When was the last game you left and thought honestly that the opposition had scored a good goal against us and worked hard for it. Maybe the end product for Well's 1st last week but still could have been avoided before they got to the 18 yard line

Yeah we are giving away some cheap goals but to me the whole Robbie issue hinges on that first goal last week.

We were 2-0 up and cruising. Robbie fails to clear a ball with his left foot. He then finds himself marking Hughes, no problem until he decides to turn on his heels and run to cover an imaginary winger and fails to follow the runner into the channel. End result goal.

Now, I'm not a Robbie hater, I'm not a Robbie fan. I think he's just plain old average Robbie, sometimes good (10%) sometimes bad (10%) and 80% he's Mr Average. Personally I think it's time to try and find a better than average performer.

From my reading of this forum over the past few months, I can exclusively reveal that some people like Robbie and some don't.

Originally Posted by bistokid

He has been the single most irritating thing at Hearts for the past decade.

But isn't that perhaps a tiny bit of an overstatement?

To be honest I thought when I read that 'finaly a facually accurate statment on kickback'. This new updated board is magic

Charlie-Brown

Opposition teams can only create chances & score goals against us when they have enough possession to create attacking moves - our fullback's repeated poor use of possession / giving the ball away is one of the primary reasons why opponents can start to pressurise us more than they would normally - when the defence & goalkeeping is weak it merely compounds the problem.

Neilson might be good enough / loyal to be a squad player or a substitute but no way should he be playing every week - his performances haven't merited him keeping his place in the team and more than a few of the youngsters (J.Thomson, J.Brown, Kelly etc.) deserve a run in the team to see if they can do any better.

My usual reply will follow the most predictable and boring thread topic for the last few years...

Craig Levein

John Robertson

George Burley

Graham Rix

Valdas Ivanauskas

John McGlynn

Walter Smith

Stevie Frail

All of these football men have selected Robbie when they could easily have picked someone else. They didn't. But of course some punters on an internet forum know better.

C'mon the Tackle!!

bilston angel

I refuse to accept he is the only option for RB, we must try somone else there, be it a positional change for another first team player or draft in a young player in the absence of a new signing, he can't be in on sentiment, he's not doing the business to be an automatic choice,time for action is now.

tommythejambo
I totally agree WG, especially the 'good point DF bit'!!!!!

Seems a long time ago now that our back four was recognised as the best in Scotland, although I suppose the goalie had a lot to do with that.

Our back four has been nothing to write home about since Webster ***ed off.

Robbie Neilson does graft etc. But you get to a certain level in football where that's just bot good enough. The only good performance I think I have ever seen from Neilson was against Rangers when we made it 8 (I think) in a row. This was solely due to the fact, Samuel Camazolla, who was a defensive player, was playing infront of him.

Karipidis at right back (couldn't be anyworse than RB) and Kancelskis if he is still around (is he?)

I'm sorry,Jenny but IMO Karipidis could,and has,been worse than Robbie.A game against the hobos ain't the time to mess about.Robbie at RB with cover from the middle from Karipidis(more effective in there-wasn't having a go at the guy)and Berra.

Hopefully our other players will have already pummelled the rats and it will be immaterial.

:)

My usual reply will follow the most predictable and boring thread topic for the last few years...

Craig Levein

John Robertson

George Burley

Graham Rix

Valdas Ivanauskas

John McGlynn

Walter Smith

Stevie Frail

All of these football men have selected Robbie when they could easily have picked someone else. They didn't. But of course some punters on an internet forum know better.

C'mon the Tackle!!

tommy boyd also got 75 caps for scotland.

discuss..........................

winston churchill
tommy boyd also got 75 caps for scotland.

discuss..........................

how many did the right footed left back maurice pass back get.

I'm sorry,Jenny but IMO Karipidis could,and has,been worse than Robbie.A game against the hobos ain't the time to mess about.Robbie at RB with cover from the middle from Karipidis(more effective in there-wasn't having a go at the guy)and Berra.

Hopefully our other players will have already pummelled the rats and it will be immaterial.

:)

I thought Karapidis played pretty well at right back when he got a run of games in that position at the end of last season.

He's had a couple of shockers (RN has more than his fair share) - Dundee utd when he came on as sub springs to mind.

Overall I reckon he's a better option at right back than RN.

Cardiac Rucksack
Flimsy - my point leaving the ground last week, teams are beating (or scoring) against as we have been gifting goals.

Could have sorted it on the halfwayline if Robbie had done what he normally does and blootered the ball 35 rows back.

I thought Karapidis played pretty well at right back when he got a run of games in that position at the end of last season.

He's had a couple of shockers (RN has more than his fair share) - Dundee utd when he came on as sub springs to mind.

Overall I reckon he's a better option at right back than RN.

The Dundee Utd game was one of the games I was thinking of,mate.We'll have to agree to disagree i'm afraid,a win either way will do.:thumb:

Archived