U19's Hearts V U19's St Mirren

Susie-Jambo-66

chester copperpot
Tomorrow morning 11am @ Riccarton :)

Ya beauty, I can get my fix.

Get in.

Coming through to Edin to visit me mam and dad, might just pop in on the way there.

jamboinglasgow

wont be there but they have my support in spirit.

But I will be there in 3 weeks time, woo

Commander Harris

cheers for the heads up - if I'm up in time I might head up.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Here we go ....

Closed by the 4th page I reckon.

Good luck to the lads.

tosheeturtle

Is riccarton next to heriot watt uni? take it you get in free if your a season ticket holder like the reserve games? do i need to bring the season ticket with me or is it just like forthbank you just walk in?

Commander Harris
Is riccarton next to heriot watt uni? take it you get in free if your a season ticket holder like the reserve games? do i need to bring the season ticket with me or is it just like forthbank you just walk in?

Riccarton is just the name of the area that Heriot Watt Uni is in. The game is at the academy which is up at the Uni.

it's free, no season ticket required.

Toxteth O'Grady
I would go but i cant be bothered getting up :(

I know how you feel, I was thinking about it but the weather is awful

Charlie-Brown
I know how you feel, I was thinking about it but the weather is awful

Don't you own a decent jacket or a brolly? :) I'm heading up there soon altho likely to miss the start now.

Toxteth O'Grady
Don't you own a decent jacket or a brolly? :) I'm heading up there soon altho likely to miss the start now.

Aye but I've not got a crash helmet for the Hail stones that are hammering down here at the moment, I might nip along for a wee while if it clears up

Aye but I've not got a crash helmet for the Hail stones that are hammering down here at the moment, I might nip along for a wee while if it clears up

Any info for the team?

Tha Game has been switched from the grass pitch to the astro pitch after the monsoon this morning. Major changes to the team as some of the lads are not just returning from injury and are not permitted to play on astro !:confused:

final score anyone?

5 mins befor the end of the game is still 2:1 for Hearts. But I don't know who scored the goals.

Finished 2-1 for Hearts. St Mirren took the lead, McCusker and McGowan scored for Hearts.

Absolutely baltic.

Played on the astroturf in front of about 20 spectators.

Hearts worth the win just.

Young goalie

Kelly

Conrad

Hamilton

Marco

McGowan

Branny

Mearns

Husband

Young lad (poom?)

McCusker

Branny hooked at half time for Wagner, DannyThompson came on for the injured Mearns in the second half and the young forward (who did ok) was replaced by ????

McGowan played the second half just behind the forwards.

Conrad and Marco impressed most.

Did i say it was Baltic?

The u19's seem to be about running for 90mins and passing, cant recall too many times when a player attempted to go past a man.

portobellojambo1
Branny in midfield!?

Don't ask leading questions like that TB. They usually end up in one of the 20 not there responding in a manner which leads to such threads going rapidly downhill, until the inevitable happens.

Toxteth O'Grady
Finished 2-1 for Hearts. St Mirren took the lead, McCusker and McGowan scored for Hearts.

Absolutely baltic.

Young goalie

Kelly

Conrad

Hamilton

Marco

McGowan

Branny

Mearns

Husband

Young lad (poom?)

McCusker

Branny hooked at half time for Wagner, DannyThompson came on for the injured Mearns in the second half and the young forward (who did ok) was replaced by ????

Did i say it was Baltic?

The u19's seem to be about running for 90mins and passing, cant recall too many times when a player attempted to go past a man.

I was there for the end of the first half and the whole 2nd half (I waited til the rain stopped)

Our keeper didn't have a save to make, Conrad was very good in defence, he organised things well and covered well for the full back when required and I also thought McCusker had a good game too, he chased everything.

Looked like a well deserved win:)

Branny in midfield!?

Yeah, stuck out wide left, don't know if he was meant to be left midfield or left wing but covered both areas. Done just as well as anyone else in the first half, got forward/tracked back, wasn't great but wasn't bad either.

I was impressed with Mitcheslager again, played left back this week as oppossed to left midfield last time, very comfortable on the ball, likes to play football with it, likes to move forward with it at his feet and seems to have taken to the 'scottish' game and gets stuck into the tackles.

If he is on trial, i hope we keep him, i also hope that we do not take away from his skill and ability by asking him to power up and down the park for 90mins (something though from the little i have seen of him that aint so far been a problem) as we seem to have done with others.

Oopsupsideyerheed

Absolutely baltic.

Young goalie

Kelly

Conrad

Hamilton

Marco

McGowan

Branny

Mearns

Husband

Young lad (poom?)

McCusker

Did i say it was Baltic?

Young lad = Scott Robinson, (Pom) great prospect and only a youngster !

I was there for the end of the first half and the whole 2nd half (I waited til the rain stopped)

Our keeper didn't have a save to make, Conrad was very good in defence, he organised things well and covered well for the full back when required and I also thought McCusker had a good game too, he chased everything.

Looked like a well deserved win:)

Was impressed with Conrad today, in the past i have thought of him more of a row z type of centre half, but today he showed a lot of composure with the ball at his feet.

Young lad = Scott Robinson, (Pom) great prospect and only a youngster !

Looks very promising, you can see he is younger than the rest but dosent let it hold him back. Gets stuck right in and gets into great positions.

jamboinglasgow
Gambo, you reckon Gowser is better suited to a more offensive position or defence?

Darren Murry on his interview on the hearts site thinks that Gowser is more a central midfielder then a defender.

Gambo, you reckon Gowser is better suited to a more offensive position or defence?

I don't know, he has impressed at the back and today he got himself into great positions further forward but lacked the killer instinct (great diving header for the goal though it has to be said.)

Good in the air, good on the ball and a good allround player.................best position, hhmmmm???

One thing though imo he aint a captain. Big lad at the back, Hamilton should be captain as he is the one barking (sometimes too much and at the wrong target.....which may be why he is not captain) instructions.

Toxteth O'Grady
Darren Murry on his interview on the hearts site thinks that Gowser is more a central midfielder then a defender.

He didn't look out of place today

With a wee bit more composure he might have had another goal

Ryan Gosling
I don't know, he has impressed at the back and today he got himself into great positions further forward but lacked the killer instinct (great diving header for the goal though it has to be said.)

Good in the air, good on the ball and a good allround player.................best position, hhmmmm???

One thing though imo he aint a captain. Big lad at the back, Hamilton should be captain as he is the one barking (sometimes too much and at the wrong target.....which may be why he is not captain) instructions.

Hamilton will be gone at the end of the season I think.

Pom was with Boroughmuir High School until recently, a very good player and a Celtic fan!! Was at sellick prior to us.

Oopsupsideyerheed
Pom was with Boroughmuir High School until recently, a very good player and a Celtic fan!! Was at sellick prior to us.

?????...He was signed from Hutchison Vale BC I believe.

jamboinglasgow

I'll put it here as this is U19:

see the nominations for YPOTY is:

U19

Ryan McGowen

Jonathon Brown

Stephan Husband

Roco Visconte

U17

Craig Thomson

Danny Thomson

Conrad Balatoni

David Love

This was all in the Darren Murry interview as well as mentioning Jamie Walker, 14 year old playing for the U17's and Sean Thompson the 14 year old goalkeeper that has played with U19's of late.

Liked the sly comment about hibs where he says that we bring players through but dont shout our head off about it like some do. And then saying we are the best bar none in Scotland at a young age level.

Hamilton will be gone at the end of the season I think.

Really? Why?

I think he looks like a top prospect.

Ryan Gosling
Really? Why?

I think he looks like a top prospect.

You're kidding? He's a terrible footballer, and I think the oldest in the squad too. He offers no support to left wing when he's in defence - the only thing going for him is his height.

Ryan Gosling
He needs to score goals first.

He really needs to be played up front to score goals, as a striker.

You're kidding? He's a terrible footballer, and I think the oldest in the squad too. He offers no support to left wing when he's in defence - the only thing going for him is his height.

He'll be 20 this year I think.

WeeToonJambo

I know what you mean but it's not easy to score from the position they keep playing him. Put him on as a striker and he will score.

For your information(very private) - he plays striker last time before half year. After his 3th goal for the season are two variants. He don't play or he play midfield with limited ofensive rights. Like striker he maked another face for national team. But you will be surprased soon. I'm sure. And...don't worry, be happy!!!

Why is he not getting a game up front BG?

Sorry, mate, but question is for another address. This is the same - Copil, like goalkeeper...

Ryan Gosling

GA - too many players need to play. Instead of playing players in their correct position, they shoehorn them elsewhere to make sure everyone gets a game.

Archived