Famous Hearts Fans

Mad Dog Frazer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heartsfc_fan

How many times have any of the "famous" people actually set foot in tynie?

Chris Hoy did about 5 years ago IIRC. Was on the pitch at half time.

This guys a Jambo and still goes to the games :whistling:

Is that you??

That's cool as ****!!!

Motorhead was my first concert on the Hammered tour supported by Anthrax.

Mightily impressed.

Jambo, Goodbye

No, just the two. I think Brian McFadden took to it more and has adopted Hearts. He apparently came out in a concert at the Playhouse with a Jam Tarts top on a few years ago.....mixed reception i`d have thought! good on him though!

For the record i think it was the 2-1 win over the Hoboids...prolific Kisnorbo getting the first.

I remember the game well, it was indeed crap.

We beat Hibs 2-0 but both goals were own goals from the green dynamite known as the flairmiesters.

I'm sure one of them was from gary Smith

And you're right it was just the 2 of them rather than the whole group...

Surprised to find out recently that Paul Sturrock is big Jambo.

Confirmed to me by a Plymouth player who says he was always going on about Hearts in training.

• 2 months later...

when was ronnie last at tynie?

When they stopped giving lifts over the turnstyle!!!

Bert Le Clos

Barack Obama, Jay Leno, George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles, Russell Crowe, and that boy Gavin off the Autoglass advert.

The bit in bold is a bit far fetched.

linkin- hearts

Me.

If you knew who I am then you'd know that's a big deal.

I know you're a big tease, that's all:lol:

The People's Chimp

How many times have any of the "famous" people actually set foot in tynie?

Indeed. Cringe is the word.

tommythejambo

Jim Jefferies, the comedian was in the papers today, wearing a Hearts top and holding a scarf above his head.

Thought we'd signed him at first.

Jim Jefferies, the comedian was in the papers today, wearing a Hearts top and holding a scarf above his head.

Thought we'd signed him at first.

when I saw him at the festival a year or two back he made a joke about oor jim when he was kilmarnock manager. Probably a good bit of press for both to meet up when they are punting around in the same city.

Gregory House M.D.

this is hobo behaviour

This.

Half the names on this aren't even jambos and most of them are all ******* arseholes... THIS IS CRINGEWORTHY.

rossthejambo

This.

Half the names on this aren't even jambos and most of them are all ******* arseholes... THIS IS CRINGEWORTHY.

I'll tell you what is CRINGEWORTHY.......getting worked up about a few celebrities who may or may not be jambos being listed on here.

:rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

David Mellor liked his mistresses to wear Chelsea tops while having sex , Given that we have the great historic links to Chelsea according to one or two wealthy posters then he must see hearts as his Scottish team .

john brownlee

before anybody says it, george flouks

ha ha ha is he famous or is he a Jambo ?. I think when it suits his publicity

BTW I believe John Lennon's uncle had the garage in Mc Donald road. There is a book called "John Lennon and Edinburgh" Tried to get a copy but hard and rare. It might have been written by an Edinburgh Journalist

BTW I believe John Lennon's uncle had the garage in Mc Donald road. There is a book called "John Lennon and Edinburgh" Tried to get a copy but hard and rare. It might have been written by an Edinburgh Journalist

Is it perhaps called "John Lennon in Edinburgh" ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Lennon-Edinburgh-D-Healy/dp/B00110CVNC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282155923&sr=1-1

Colonel Kurtz

:4_1_72:

Mick Mcgahey wore a maroon scarf all during the victorious miners strike,It was a Hearts scarf which I gave him one night in The Cabin.

In the original 39 steps film,the paperseller in The Waverley was a Hearts supporter

HANS ESKILSON

Chris Hoy did about 5 years ago IIRC. Was on the pitch at half time.

chris hoy is a rangers fan FACT even said on the pitch that day

as it says on the tin Folks

i can only think of The Lord Provost and Cicero the singer(cant remember the song??

cicero! :ermm: i thought you said famous :down:

the lead singer of D:REAM

on the album cover he thanks the jambos (so I have been told).

Sorry just noticed this thread.

Leader singer was Peter Cunnah (sp) but the chap who wrote the music/lyrics and played keyboard was our very own Al McKenzie (aka the Dancin' Bear from Stuggart).

I went to school with Big Al. Bumped into him at the millwall match where he was clearly still living the life of a minor celeb. Good lad.

Slightly off topic, but why do some posters think that by adding four uppercase letters, i.e. "FACT", they can reinforce the veracity of any point they make.

cicero! :ermm: i thought you said famous :down:

Well, sort of. It was his family depicted in Goodfellas...so don`t mess with him. :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

Slightly off topic, but why do some posters think that by adding four uppercase letters, i.e. "FACT", they can reinforce the veracity of any point they make.

because it just does. FACT.

heartsfc_fan

He's a Hearts fan....

Malcolm Tucker

This.

Great stuff.

Yeah that will be why he has a chapter in his book dedicated to his first love HMFC!!!

linkin- hearts

What i find cringeworthy is the fact that some seem to take this thread seriously and are offended by it. :whistling:

john brownlee

correct and I have found my copy it was written by Douglas Healy no mention of John Lennon attending a Hearts match or a visit to Tynecastle but his uncle lived at 45 Bryce crescent Currie and JL did visit this address on every visit to Edinburgh There is a clue to what team he did support as a lad, on the Album Walls and bridges.

This is interesting.

Could this be a John Lennon painting of Hearts.

The Beatles and football.

walls-and-bridges.jpg

From some JL site.

An even more attractive alternative was presented each summer, when Aunt Elizabeth (Mater) would invite John to spend time at her town house in Edinburgh, before going on to the family's croft on the extreme north coast of Scotland. Here John explored the hills and glens, learned to fish for salmon and wandered through Stone Age ruins. Many years later John reported he had more fond memories of Scotland than of England. Indeed it was during a visit to Scotland that he first realised his vocation" ? this kind of feeling came over me?I thought, 'this is the one they're always talking about, the one that makes you paint or write because it's so overwhelming that you have to tell somebody?so you put it into poetry'".

Winston Ingram

Re. Chris Hoy. Had a quick search there and cant find the article but I vividly remember reading a big interview with him (Sunday Herald, Im sure) post Olympic success. Spoke about growing up as a Hearts and football fan, and how as a young kid he couldnt understand/get his head round the unfairness of what happened in 1986.

He then, impressively I thought, said something along the lines of "I would never call myself a supporter now. That would be hugely unfair to all of those who support the team by going along every week."

Archived