Famous Hearts Fans

Mad Dog Frazer

Genghis Khan

Bob Johnson, legendary Tyne Tees Weatherman ( now retired) who used to use the names of the towns on the map to spell out subliminal messages such as "Jambos Win" while dressed in a maroon blazer and a white shirt / maroon tie.

Have a look at these pictures and you'll see what I'm on about.

320weather2002overnight.jpg

320weather2002tomorrow.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buffalo Bill

John Lennon. Fact. Ish. :)

Indeed.

A regular on Gorgie Road in the early 1950s. FACT.

Nana Mouskouri once appeared in a 1970's program with a satin Hearts scarf above her head. (about 1975 or 76). She attended a game too if not mistaken.

Demis Rousos tried to attend a game too, but got stuck in the turnstyle.

Can someone please supply a scan of the Nana picture???

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Ken Buchanan but some say he was neutral. Read here a while ago though that someone said he went to one or two away games on the Pivot with the posters Dad.

Met Ken a few months ago in a pub near the bottom of Leith Walk. Still a gentleman and he is a Hearts supporter.

linkin- hearts

Me.

If you knew who I am then you'd know that's a big deal.

Vlad, my man:rolleyes:

The Treasurer

Met Ken a few months ago in a pub near the bottom of Leith Walk. Still a gentleman and he is a Hearts supporter.

Ken used to be a shareholder as well.

I know this for a fact as the shares I own were bought from him and have his signature on the transfer form

The ginger mechanic in corrie (dont know his name )is a jambo, was speaking to him at the gretna cup final. He is a west ham fan ,but hearts is his scottish team.

Jambo, Goodbye

Remember when 2 of Westlife were at the derby at Tynecastle,and cheering when we scored. :)

They were mates of Alan Maybury, but technically we did not score that day yet still won 2-0 whistling.gif

Say What Again

Gladstones by any chance?

Tokyo Drifter

This old chestnut again. Must be the end of the season.

Can't be bothered reading all the posts but the first few posters forgot Ken Stott and (if he counts as famous) Moray Hunter off the telly. Someone told me Edith Bowman was a Jambo too.

This old chestnut again. Must be the end of the season.

Can't be bothered reading all the posts but the first few posters forgot Ken Stott and (if he counts as famous) Moray Hunter off the telly. Someone told me Edith Bowman was a Jambo too.

edith bowman was in dickens a couple of years ago so she may well be a jambo.

Oxford City

The ginger mechanic in corrie (dont know his name )is a jambo, was speaking to him at the gretna cup final. He is a west ham fan ,but hearts is his scottish team.

Isn't he a Wednesday fan? I'm sure he took his stage name when he became an actor (which is Thomas Craig, I think) after Tommy Craig because he was his hero at Wednesday.

He was sitting a few rows behind me at the Gretna game, which was quite soon after he got murdered in Coronation St. I remember being a little surprised to see him but as he took his seat a whole load of Hearts fans turned and started singing 'killed in a garage, you got killed in a garage' at him, which I thought was very funny.

Few Scotland rugby players:

Jim Calder

Fin Calder

Doddie Weir

add john jeffrey to that list

I P Knightley

Barack Obama, Jay Leno, George Clooney, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles, Russell Crowe, and that boy Gavin off the Autoglass advert.

She's only saying that so that I'll pay her a bit of attention. She's after her hole off me.

I'm surprised the average Joe is able to get a seat at Tynecastle with all these celebrity die-hards pumping in their cash week in, week out.

I'm sure Alice Cooper often appears in famous jambo lists, i think it due to his golfing friendship with Ronnie Corbett, i doubt he's been to tynie though.

Helen Chamberlain had Hearts as her scottish team one year when soccer am used to show the SPL table without the uglies at the top.

Indeed.

A regular on Gorgie Road in the early 1950s. FACT.

Do we have genuine sources/proof to confirm this? (John Lennon being at Tynie).

I was told by a Beatles fan he had relatives in Saughton and visited when he was young, so it could be possible if his family were Hearts fans.

rudi must stay

Remember when 2 of Westlife were at the derby at Tynecastle,and cheering when we scored. :)

was it not the whole group? IIRC they said the game was crap and that they wouldn't be going back, which they haven't been..

was it not the whole group? IIRC they said the game was crap and that they wouldn't be going back, which they haven't been..

No, just the two. I think Brian McFadden took to it more and has adopted Hearts. He apparently came out in a concert at the Playhouse with a Jam Tarts top on a few years ago.....mixed reception i`d have thought! good on him though!

For the record i think it was the 2-1 win over the Hoboids...prolific Kisnorbo getting the first.

rudi must stay

No, just the two. I think Brian McFadden took to it more and has adopted Hearts. He apparently came out in a concert at the Playhouse with a Jam Tarts top on a few years ago.....mixed reception i`d have thought! good on him though!

For the record i think it was the 2-1 win over the Hoboids...prolific Kisnorbo getting the first.

Didn't know that, maybe he'll be back.. Think you're getting your derbies mixed up. It was the season before that, we won 2-0 both goals were og's.

Part timers.

verymad.gif

campagnolo

I'm sure Alice Cooper often appears in famous jambo lists, i think it due to his golfing friendship with Ronnie Corbett, i doubt he's been to tynie though.

Helen Chamberlain had Hearts as her scottish team one year when soccer am used to show the SPL table without the uglies at the top.

when was ronnie last at tynie?

davemclaren

Do we have genuine sources/proof to confirm this? (John Lennon being at Tynie).

I was told by a Beatles fan he had relatives in Saughton and visited when he was young, so it could be possible if his family were Hearts fans.

He definitely hung around Gorgie when visiting his cousin. Perhaps Yoko could buy us as a piece of avant garde art?

barack obama

I bought a compilation album from the '90's recently and that song was on it.made me laugh,maybe scott wilson can play it for us.

Thundercats Are Go

How many times have any of the "famous" people actually set foot in tynie?

Chesney from Corrie is a HUGE Jambo.

thumbsup.gif

I should hope so as he has been turning out at right back for us a lot this season.

maroonedinoz

John Stewart who was until recently paid millions to be the a chairman of the National Bank of Austrlia is a jambo.

Also Bill Lothian, the rugby reporter of the EEN is, or I should say was a jambo, although I don't think he qualifies on the 'famous' front..

rudi must stay

I am sure David Couthard ex F1 is a Hearts fan.

pretty sure he's a Rangers supporter. Not that he goes to any of their games..

Archived