u17 v celtic

Auds

sunday 9th may away at barrowfield.team,hamilton christie,murdoch,campbell,rendall.carnwath,kane,ohara,lynas.carrick,king.subs,mcturk,todd,saunders,brown.celtic came out of the blocks flying and dominated the first 15mins with several shots going high and wide.hearts eventually started to compete and got their passing game going evening up the shots on goal with ohara then king and carrick testing their keeper.using our wide players hearts started to dominate possession forcing celtic back in defence,after a succession of corners (campbell hitting the bar).hearts eventually got their rewards when good play from christie,kane and carrick set up lynas to shoot low past the keeper.hearts pressed for more goals but the half finished too soon.the second period started same as the first with hamilton having to tip over a ferocious shot.the next 20 minutes saw both teams play some great stuff with 25 to play hearts made 4 substitutions.the game flowed either way but when mcturk parried a blasted shot,celtic were now level and threatened to score a winner but for another great reaction save from mcturk.hearts however showed terrific spirit and hit celtic on the break several times before the ref ended the 80mins.

cant praise the boys enough for their effort and commitment,too many excellent performances to give a motm.

Say What Again

sunday 9th may away at barrowfield.team,hamilton christie,murdoch,campbell,rendall.carnwath,kane,ohara,lynas.carrick,king.subs,mcturk,todd,saunders,brown.celtic came out of the blocks flying and dominated the first 15mins with several shots going high and wide.hearts eventually started to compete and got their passing game going evening up the shots on goal with ohara then king and carrick testing their keeper.using our wide players hearts started to dominate possession forcing celtic back in defence,after a succession of corners (campbell hitting the bar).hearts eventually got their rewards when good play from christie,kane and carrick set up lynas to shoot low past the keeper.hearts pressed for more goals but the half finished too soon.the second period started same as the first with hamilton having to tip over a ferocious shot.the next 20 minutes saw both teams play some great stuff with 25 to play hearts made 4 substitutions.the game flowed either way but when mcturk parried a blasted shot,celtic were now level and threatened to score a winner but for another great reaction save from mcturk.hearts however showed terrific spirit and hit celtic on the break several times before the ref ended the 80mins.

cant praise the boys enough for their effort and commitment,too many excellent performances to give a motm.

Cheers for the detailed match report Auds, much appreciated.

Your post is a little awkward to read though.

Footballfirst

Thanks for the update Auds. Good to see them putting on a decent performance after their disappointment in the EoS Shield. I see that their top players in Mullen Holt Smith and Walker were missing. I guess that, as full timers, they may already have been allowed to start their end of season break.

The U17s season goes on to 6th June. I think their next game is on Wed night at Riccarton v Dunfermline.

P.S. The U17s play 45mins each way.

Thanks for the update Auds. Good to see them putting on a decent performance after their disappointment in the EoS Shield. I see that their top players in Mullen Holt Smith and Walker were missing. I guess that, as full timers, they may already have been allowed to start their end of season break.

The U17s season goes on to 6th June. I think their next game is on Wed night at Riccarton v Dunfermline.

P.S. The U17s play 45mins each way.

heard that this was a great game and that the whole team worked their socks off. great stuff.

FF, the top players may not have been there but looks like they did ok without them. well done 17's

Archived