Travel Agents Advice!

CraigSN1

About 6 months ago I booked a holiday and paid for it in cash, it cost me around 1100 for 10 days half board. Due to work commitments I had to change and go down to 7 days, however I decided to go all inclusive. I was quoted 168 pounds extra including 'admin fees' which I could pay off on Friday. Went in today and was asked for another 378 pounds! Now bare in mind its only me +1 and we're only going to Alcudia! Thats working out at around 750 per person for a week in Spain! The person I dealt with wasn't in so im waiting on a phone call in around 10 minutes. I do have a funny feeling im going to get stung.

Just wondering what my rights are here as I am unwilling to be ripped off at that price. Could I get a refund or am i stuck and will have to stump up the cash or lose what ive already paid?

PLEASE HELP JKB!!!!

Currahee!

About 6 months ago I booked a holiday and paid for it in cash, it cost me around 1100 for 10 days half board. Due to work commitments I had to change and go down to 7 days, however I decided to go all inclusive. I was quoted 168 pounds extra including 'admin fees' which I could pay off on Friday. Went in today and was asked for another 378 pounds! Now bare in mind its only me +1 and we're only going to Alcudia! Thats working out at around 750 per person for a week in Spain! The person I dealt with wasn't in so im waiting on a phone call in around 10 minutes. I do have a funny feeling im going to get stung.

Just wondering what my rights are here as I am unwilling to be ripped off at that price. Could I get a refund or am i stuck and will have to stump up the cash or lose what ive already paid?

PLEASE HELP JKB!!!!

If you've paid cash I'd say your snookered.

About 10 odd years ago I paid ?1049 cash up front for a 3 piece suite. The shop went bust before I got it and I lost all that cash. Had I paid by credit card I would have got my money back. I didn't have a credit card at the time but I do now!

Best of luck though.

IronJambo

PLEASE HELP JKB!!!!

if i was you i'd ditch all inclusive idea and keep the booking as it is. get looking for a flight home and book it on your own outwith your package holiday. you'll check out 3 days early, so what.

that is of course unless they honour what they told you

berrasbraw

Keep the booking as it is and upgrade once you get there,probably pay a quarter of the price they are quoting.

Archived