U17s v Killie

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I watched the U17s win 3-0 against Kilmarnock this afternoon, before heading to the pub to watch the last half hour of the Rangers game. Despite the rain, there was certainly better fayre at Riccarton than Ibrox. After a fairly tousy first half Hearts got their passing together in the in the 2nd and ran out comfortable winners.

Team

Hamilton

Mullen Murdoch Campbell Chirstie

Walker Tobin Kane O'Hara

Carrick King

Subs McTurk, Rendall, Carnwath, Lynas Todd

It was a pretty strong side that Hearts put out but the first half was scrappy at times with defences well on top. Hearts scored their first after half an hour with an own goal, when a Killie defender knocked the ball past his keeper when under pressure from Tobin. Hearts scored their 2nd after an hour when O'Hara hit a controlled volley from 25 yards through a ruck of players into the corner of the net. Substitute Ryan Carnwath extended Hearts lead soon after with a great strike high to the keeper's left from the edge of the box.

It was interesting to see that Jamie Walker was back playing with the U17s after a lean spell with the U19s. After an early knock he switched from right to centre midfield . On most occasions he was able to go past players with ease but tended to want to run with the ball when a simple pass was the better option. I'd like to see him get more involved in games by upping his work rate and working more as part of a team than as an individual. Both he and Fraser Mullen were subbed after an hour, so I'd expect both to feature (at least from the bench) in Tuesday's U19 game v Hamilton.

Best for Hearts were Aaron Murdoch who was excellent at the back throughout, plus the midfield pair of Chris Kane and Chris Tobin for their 2nd half performances.

I think that the U15s also beat Killie 1-0 with a goal from Marcus ????.

Mikey Gardiner

Great win for the youngsters. Thanks for the match report. Sounded like a decent game and plenty of goalmouth action to see.

I watched the U17s win 3-0 against Kilmarnock this afternoon, before heading to the pub to watch the last half hour of the Rangers game. Despite the rain, there was certainly better fayre at Riccarton than Ibrox. After a fairly tousy first half Hearts got their passing together in the in the 2nd and ran out comfortable winners.

Team

Hamilton

Mullen Murdoch Campbell Chirstie

Walker Tobin Kane O'Hara

Carrick King

Subs McTurk, Rendall, Carnwath, Lynas Todd

It was a pretty strong side that Hearts put out but the first half was scrappy at times with defences well on top. Hearts scored their first after half an hour with an own goal, when a Killie defender knocked the ball past his keeper when under pressure from Tobin. Hearts scored their 2nd after an hour when O'Hara hit a controlled volley from 25 yards through a ruck of players into the corner of the net. Substitute Ryan Carnwath extended Hearts lead soon after with a great strike high to the keeper's left from the edge of the box.

It was interesting to see that Jamie Walker was back playing with the U17s after a lean spell with the U19s. After an early knock he switched from right to centre midfield . On most occasions he was able to go past players with ease but tended to want to run with the ball when a simple pass was the better option. I'd like to see him get more involved in games by upping his work rate and working more as part of a team than as an individual. Both he and Fraser Mullen were subbed after an hour, so I'd expect both to feature (at least from the bench) in Tuesday's U19 game v Hamilton.

Best for Hearts were Aaron Murdoch who was excellent at the back throughout, plus the midfield pair of Chris Kane and Chris Tobin for their 2nd half performances.

I think that the U15s also beat Killie 1-0 with a goal from Marcus ????.

Good report :thumbsup:

Archived