Work Abroad.

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

I am looking to work abroad this summer, I did camp america last year and looking for something different. Does anyone have any information, advice, experience or jobs to offer?

Would be interesting to hear. Thanks.

scott_jambo
I am looking to work abroad this summer, I did camp america last year and looking for something different. Does anyone have any information, advice, experience or jobs to offer?

BTTT

:rolleyes:

If you speak a little German, don't mind early rises, like animals and can graft, I could probably set you up with a job on a farm outside Berlin.

Just a tiny, wee, little bit different from Camp America (and here's me thinking they were homophobic over there...) but if you're up for it, let me know.

scott_jambo
If you speak a little German, don't mind early rises, like animals and can graft, I could probably set you up with a job on a farm outside Berlin.

Just a tiny, wee, little bit different from Camp America (and here's me thinking they were homophobic over there...) but if you're up for it, let me know.

could you PM me the details mate? Thanks.

what are you looking for?

i worked for six months just outside new york, a really affluant area where the kids dont need to work so they shp in people to work in the country clubs and such.

i had a great place, free rent, free food 5 1/2 days a week and a good wage in my sky rocket. i was in a yacht club but there were loads of golf clubs looking for staff too.

long hours but well worth it

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I did Camp America 4 times (all at the same Camp) teaching waterskiing

Best gig ever. After the first year went direct to the bloke who owned the camp so got paid wads more

Can you can still do Work America where they just sort out your work visa and you sort out your own job?

I work for the New York Red Bulls coaching "Soccer" It's quality, although slightly crap pay. I'm offski in 3 weeks, my companies full but I know there are lots of other companies that employ folk

what are you looking for?

i worked for six months just outside new york, a really affluant area where the kids dont need to work so they shp in people to work in the country clubs and such.

i had a great place, free rent, free food 5 1/2 days a week and a good wage in my sky rocket. i was in a yacht club but there were loads of golf clubs looking for staff too.

long hours but well worth it

Did you happen to see this man on the links?

Caddyshack_300x298.jpg

:D

Craig-Section Z

How do you go about getting the visa to work in the US something ive always wanted to do but no idea how to go about getting the working visa................

depends what you want to do, hospitality work in certain areas is quite easy to get into as you will prob get a company to do all the applications for you, your future employer pays them and you get your job.

Not sure about other sectors though

CULBO*HMFC*

Last summer I worked for Disney in Florida!

It was amazing we got free entry into the parks, discount in the parks and discount at loads of other places as well. Stayed on this accomodation complex that has a gym and 2 swimming pools, theres about 2000 young people on this complex so there was always some talent about ;)

You get free transport to work and the cost of the housing comes directly off your pay cheque so you can just cash it and get the difference.

Met people from all over the world and learned loads about other cultures as well as myself.

Would definately recommend it.

tosheeturtle
Last summer I worked for Disney in Florida!

It was amazing we got free entry into the parks, discount in the parks and discount at loads of other places as well. Stayed on this accomodation complex that has a gym and 2 swimming pools, theres about 2000 young people on this complex so there was always some talent about ;)

You get free transport to work and the cost of the housing comes directly off your pay cheque so you can just cash it and get the difference.

Met people from all over the world and learned loads about other cultures as well as myself.

Would definately recommend it.

How did you manage to get the work at disney.... I would totally love to do that?!

Craig-Section Z
How did you manage to get the work at disney.... I would totally love to do that?!

Agreed, id be interested as well.

Looked into it briefly when i left school but never seriously enough. Would be very interested in hearing how you got the job etc etc But i seem to remember for international folk (non US) its very hard to get in as its so popular.

tosheeturtle

If you google: disney international student programs... its tells you about it, there is an e-mail address to send your cv to!!

Think im going to have to start making a cv!!

Though i would be worried about being stuck out all day in that heat and humidity :confused:

coppercrutch

Everyone who is under 30 and a UK citizen can get the following working holiday visas directly, so you dont need a sponsor etc....

Canada

New Zealand

Australia

Go and work for a year in each doing whatever you want. Sorted. :)

CULBO*HMFC*

You send to go to http://www.yummyjobs.com and upload a copy of your CV. They handle all the applications from the Uk. It might be to late to do the program this summer but its worth a shot. They also offer 6 month and year long programs.

You woud need to go to London for an interview if successful and then to either to London or Belfast to obtain a visa.

Archived