Vladimir Romanov seeks Hearts-minded signings

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

_47621902_romanov466.jpg

Romanov was back in the Tynecastle stand on Saturday

Vladimir Romanov has vowed to back new manager Jim Jefferies in the transfer market but warned he will no longer tolerate "mercenaries" at Hearts.

Majority shareholder Romanov has previously been keen on imports.

"This time, we will be looking to bring more patriot or club-minded than commercially-minded players," he said.

link; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8613324.stm

Good sounds coming from Vlad, i think he really respects JJ and that pleases me,hopefully he will carry these remarks through and give JJ the deserved backing in the transfer market IF needed also for next season. :thumbsup: Of course, not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch as the saying goes but food for thought here, hope he means it. :)

maroonlegions

Sorry if this post appears negative but i'll believe it when i see it

No worries mate , as i said, counting ones chickens ect... is rather risky. :unsure:

No worries mate , as i said, counting ones chickens ect... is rather risky. unsure.gif

As per your avatar, but I don't.

The Vulture

What footballers aren't commercially minded ? Does Mr Romanov not know that this is the post Bosman era ?

maroonlegions

As per your avatar, but I don't.

I do though and that's what counts for me, each to their own eh, mind you, thanks for sticking to the topic of the thread.You trying to turn this thread into a hand bags at 2 paces by your comments i see or add something that is on track with the topic of the thread, you not bothered about Vlads latest utterings then, more interested in my avatar are we. :rolleyes:

maroonlegions

Great another Vlad thread where the same old folk say the same old things :yucky:

Aye that's if they stick to the topic of the thread mind you.Just thought that maybe this latest uttering from Vlad could be seen in a possible positive light.

I do though and that's what counts for me, each to their own eh, mind you, thanks for sticking to the topic of the thread.You trying to turn this thread into a hand bags at 2 paces by your comments i see or add something that is on track with the topic of the thread, you not bothered about Vlads latest utterings then, more interested in my avatar are we. rolleyes.gif

See the similarity between the motto on your avatar and the motto "Believe" used since Vlad had owned Hearts. The topic of your thread was Vlad's message, closing with whether we could trust it.thumbsup.gif

Chris Benoit

Aye that's if they stick to the topic of the thread mind you.Just thought that maybe this latest uttering from Vlad could be seen in a possible positive light.

yeah wasn't a dig at you btw and personally happy with what Vlad said and happy he's saw sense over the kind of signings we should be going and that he's happy with JJ

Brave Hearts

_47621902_romanov466.jpg

Vladimir Romanov has vowed to back new manager Jim Jefferies in the transfer market but warned he will no longer tolerate "mercenaries" at Hearts.

"This time, we will be looking to bring more patriot or club-minded than commercially-minded players," he said.

link; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8613324.stm

Good sounds coming from Vlad, i think he really respects JJ and that pleases me,hopefully he will carry these remarks through and give JJ the deserved backing in the transfer market IF needed also for next season. :thumbsup: Of course, not wanting to count the chickens before they hatch as the saying goes but food for thought here, hope he means it. :)

And who was it that brought in the mercenaries !! He brought in the nade's, kingston's, obou's hoping he could sell them on and make big bucks. However they have conned him and taken our cash weekly while underperforming and not showing any level of commitment. He has just realized what most of us have known for a while. Let a football manager pick the players and not an egoistic playstation owner.

Gigolo-Aunt

And who was it that brought in the mercenaries !! He brought in the nade's, kingston's, obou's hoping he could sell them on and make big bucks. However they have conned him and taken our cash weekly while underperforming and not showing any level of commitment. He has just realized what most of us have known for a while. Let a football manager pick the players and not an egoistic playstation owner.

Well it seems he has changed his tune and is willing to go down a different route.

A good things surely?

Francis Albert

So what sort of reception did Vlad get today? I assume from the levels of frenzied hatred for him that I frequently encounter on here it was a pretty hot one.

Brave Hearts

Well it seems he has changed his tune and is willing to go down a different route.

A good things surely?

certainly is, but how much time, money and opportunities of some glory have we missed due to his approach and attitude of thinking that he knows better than anyone else. Now he states the obvious and he's a hero again. He has taken too long to have a reality check and wake to smell the coffee. With the state of the old firm over the last few years and a bit of football sense then we could have been enjoying ourselves and celebrating success more.

Gigolo-Aunt

certainly is, but how much time, money and opportunities of some glory have we missed due to his approach and attitude of thinking that he knows better than anyone else. Now he states the obvious and he's a hero again. He has taken too long to have a reality check and wake to smell the coffee. With the state of the old firm over the last few years and a bit of football sense then we could have been enjoying ourselves and celebrating success more.

We have all moaned our ass over what has happened in the past. But...

We now have Romanov saying what we have been banging our drums about for a while, and the past is dragged up.

We wanted a manager who knew the club and one who would be his own man. We now have one and some posters are saying because Vlad was in town, certain players played today.

Damned in they do, damned if they don't.

Francis Albert

Not without Vlad we wouldn't. We can't have an egomaniac who is mad enough to invest in Hearts when no-one else would AND have a nice sensible well balanced common sense type owner. That's life.

Chris Benoit

In our 136 year history maybe for half a decade we had a purple patch and won a few trophies yet many on here claim that because of Vlad we weren't winning trophies the past few years think you all need to get a reality check.

I've been there to see us lift the Scottish Cup twice, 2 more times than any h*bs fan can claim, if we win more i'll be delighted but if we don't i'm not going to be massively disappointed

So what sort of reception did Vlad get today? I assume from the levels of frenzied hatred for him that I frequently encounter on here it was a pretty hot one.

most of the 'Vlad haters' on this site don't actually attend games so it would be extremely difficult for them to voice their disapproval of our president

Vlad makes statement of what fans want to hear. Jefferies makes similar noises at the time of year when punters are thinking about whether to part with their dosh for a season ticket. Actions speak louder than words. Will we get another wittevene or will we see a proper striker of the managers choosing brought in . Over to you Vladimir

Everybody loves Baz

Vlad makes statement of what fans want to hear. Jefferies makes similar noises at the time of year when punters are thinking about whether to part with their dosh for a season ticket. Actions speak louder than words. Will we get another wittevene or will we see a proper striker of the managers choosing brought in . Over to you Vladimir

Been hearing this all day, Only the right things being said because it's S/T launch time.

To me it's simple, if you're a supporter you buy one.

If you're not a supporter of Vlads (and that you're a ******) Don't.

Simples.

n95415797033_9304.jpg

Chris Benoit

Been hearing this all day, Only the right things being said because it's S/T launch time.

Simples.

n95415797033_9304.jpg

THIS

If Vlad really means it this time and backs JJ, we could get a decent squad together for pre-season.

We have all moaned our ass over what has happened in the past. But...

We now have Romanov saying what we have been banging our drums about for a while, and the past is dragged up.

We wanted a manager who knew the club and one who would be his own man. We now have one and some posters are saying because Vlad was in town, certain players played today.

Damned in they do, damned if they don't.

How are you certain it is JJ's decision alone note to play Goncalves? Genuine question mate.

How are you certain it is JJ's decision alone note to play Goncalves? Genuine question mate.

Because the majority of Hearts fans,myself included implicity trust JJ and take him at his word

Gigolo-Aunt

JJ said so.

Until I see evidence of JJ talking bollox, he gets my benefit.

Think its only fair.

jamboinglasgow

Simples.

n95415797033_9304.jpg

exactly.

Support the club by buying a ST. You follow your club through thick and thin. Its like when we go to Scottish cup semi-finals and finals. Suddenly instead of 14,000 season ticket holders we have suddenly grown to 25,000. If only those who come for the glory games came weekly we would do much better through greater revenue. I was watching el classico this evening with an Edinburgh-born Rangers fan, we watched the rest of the Scottish cup highlights afterwards and they showed the scenes in Dingwall talking about a town of 6,000 all the many people who had gone to Hampden, he remarked that they go to that game but wont go weekly to see the club play in the first division and how he is annoyed that he is called a glory hunter by people despite having a ST at Ibrox while others will go to final's and only watch the team on tv.

_47621902_romanov466.jpg

Vlad looks like the emperor from Star Wars :blink:

Archived