HDTV's, advice please

Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana

I'm looking to get a new TV at the end of the month, just wondering if you guys have any recommendations? Looking to spend around ?500, probably about a 32" if I can get one.

Cheers in advance people :cheers:

Jambof3tornado

I got a jvc one from currys for 399 notes last month. check prices online to get the best deals.

Do The Dance
I'm looking to get a new TV at the end of the month, just wondering if you guys have any recommendations? Looking to spend around ?500, probably about a 32" if I can get one.

Read up to reviews. Buy a What/Which HDTV magazine or 2. Don't waste your money, do some research.

waste of time on a 32"

Not really, I really notice that my 13" laptop has a higher resolution than my desktop. More (lines) the merrier.

i don't know a huge deal about it but apparently even if a 32" telly is capable of receiving 1080 it isn't big enough to accommodate it and simply downsizes it. unless you're a real tv nerd you probably wouldn't notice the difference as the downsized resolution would look as good on a 32" as proper 1080 on a 42". those in the know say you're just as well with 720 on a 32"

i've a 32" 1080 hd slimline tube telly and it does the job for me. weighs a ton though and i felt like he-man after i carried it up the stairs on my own

Elroyofderovers

Get LCD not Plasma.

If you go for 1080 get 1080p and not 1080i.

If you play games consoles or want to upscale your DVDs you need to make sure the TV is capable of playing 24fp.

Panasonic are the best on the market. Best true black and white.

You can join Which? website for a ?1 for the first month (then simply cancel) and get all your reviews, perfect settings for the TV you eventually buy / bought etc.

Simple get the one with the highest contrast ratio and the best refresh rate you can in your price range.Why pay a fortune for a Bravia if you can say get a Samsung or a Sharp or any other make with better contrast and refresh ratio.

Elroyofderovers
Simple get the one with the highest contrast ratio and the best refresh rate you can in your price range.Why pay a fortune for a Bravia if you can say get a Samsung or a Sharp or any other make with better contrast and refresh ratio.

Contrast ratio defo important but only so if the TV can use it properly and that has been a problem on a lot of TV's.

Im looking to get a 32" for my ps3, anybody got any recommendations on what to get

Forgot to mention i would prefer it to be 1080i?

Samsung LE32M86

can't go wrong

Yeah i love my Samsung by far the most beautiful looking tvs on the market but i had to get a 5.1 surround system for mine because quite frankly the sound was ****,very very tinny sounding.

Would i see a big difference between a 32" HD screen that is 1368 x 762

compared to a 37" 1080p tv. I am mainly going to be using it for sky( not HD) and ps3 if that makes a difference

Thanks

Fraser

Brian Fantana

Well there is another thread on here that tells you that the Samsung R range is the best form of Samsung you can get.I have an R model but not that one which is brilliant and really no other Tv looks as sleek and smart as a Samsung.So you are safe with that.

As for the Sony i really could not say but im sure others will advise you on that.At the end of the day the are both going to be great choices but it will all come down to personal choice.For me the Sony looks dam ugly compared to the Samsung though.

Got an 'R' range Samsung 32" and well pleased with it.

Paid ?750 last April but there's now one for ?499 in John Lewis (with free delivery and 5 years guarantee) as I bought the same one for my grandad last week.

I have the Samsung model. It is a fantastic TV, I love it to bits. Now the prices have come down from the ?670 I originally paid for it 15 months ago I'm tempted to get another one for my flat.

Buy Stuff Magazine, Look at the back there is a top 10 list of TVs.

Buy from John Lewis.. .Their customer service is amazing. They give you a full 5 year coverage with your electrical purchase, you will have to pay 200 bucks at other outlets.

My that I got has broken twice and both times they come and get it and fix it with 0 charge. In fact they replaced it with another TV when they had to order a part in as well.

Costco have a Sony Bravia KDL40D3500U 40" 1080p telly at ?700 the noo. ?300 cheaper than argos.

say's the man who claims he just about lost his house after the recent Royal Mail strikes, surely your part time wages would have covered the loss?:);)

Anyway i thought Cosco sold all the older models and not the recent up to date ones?

say's the man who claims he just about lost his house after the recent Royal Mail strikes, surely your part time wages would have covered the loss?:);)

Anyway i thought Cosco sold all the older models and not the recent up to date ones?

they sell what they can get their hands on and a lot comes from the grey market. nothing specific on latest or older models.

you can get a 38" in asda for under that, 1080i. not bad at the price and good quality. you'd be suprised.

Sony,Sony or Sony....no comparison:)

Which of course means go for Samsung becuase everybody that knows the first thing about TVs will tell you that Samsung make screens for Sony, and so obviously keep the best technology for themselves and can sell it at a lower price. Basically if you buy a HDTV the screen will be made by either Samsung or LG, so go for either one of those brands.

Personally i have a

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE32R87BD-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000O14EWA/ref=pd_ys_iyr47

Great price, top quality TV and, most importantly, has plenty of connections.

Archived