Gordon Brown getting slaughtered over NI

Therapist

Glamorgan Jambo

There's only one poll that matters and I'll be surprised if it throws up the result you and your lot were arrogantly hoping for a couple of months ago. I'll also be surprised if, in the event of a hung parliament, any of the other 2 parties gets into bed with Dodgy Dave. I thought you were too busy to argue with me. It looks like you are creating waste instead of wealth by spending time on here.

Thanks for your concern which has been relayed to the major shareholder. :thumbsup:

Oh, hang on a second, I've just checked our relative postcounts and you create an order of magintude more waste than I do.

PS Do you know which party Nick Clegg was associated with before the Lib Dems?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley
You are a true blue Tory - twist the subject and then argue on the twist.

Sorry to butt in on this enthralling debate but since when was twisting the subject then arguing the twist a reserve of the conservative party. The trouble as I see it is that it's what all politicians do. Some are better than others at it. For instance, Blair was a master (with Mandelson helping out) while Brown is very clumsy at it but seems to know no other way to behave.

You must be really thick.

Not the first bit of evidence that you're struggling here, Al, but definitely one of the clearest so far.

Summary of 13 pages so far:

The Labour supporters are convinced that their guys are the best-equipped for the job and won't hear criticism from others.

The Labour sceptics are convinced that there has to be a better answer to what we've had for the last 13 years and won't be convinced that Labour have the answer.

Carry on.

Sorry to butt in on this enthralling debate but since when was twisting the subject then arguing the twist a reserve of the conservative party. The trouble as I see it is that it's what all politicians do. Some are better than others at it. For instance, Blair was a master (with Mandelson helping out) while Brown is very clumsy at it but seems to know no other way to behave.

Not the first bit of evidence that you're struggling here, Al, but definitely one of the clearest so far.

Summary of 13 pages so far:

The Labour supporters are convinced that their guys are the best-equipped for the job and won't hear criticism from others.

The Labour sceptics are convinced that there has to be a better answer to what we've had for the last 13 years and won't be convinced that Labour have the answer.

Carry on.

Or...

Labour think that their the best for the job.

The Tories think that they are best for the job.

the Lib Dems are tired of the see saw politics between these two and what a chance to show that they are the persons for the job.

I suppose the argument is between what's best for people/society or what's best for money/capital. Those arguing the latter will say that if this is sorted then the former will happen.

Personally i don't really agree with that.

I P Knightley

Or...

Labour think that their the best for the job.

The Tories think that they are best for the job.

the Lib Dems are tired of the see saw politics between these two and what a chance to show that they are the persons for the job.

I suppose the argument is between what's best for people/society or what's best for money/capital. Those arguing the latter will say that if this is sorted then the former will happen.

Personally i don't really agree with that.

Do you know, the argument between the significant protagonists on this thread has got me thinking along those lines.

I know that Labour are not up to the job.

Conservative have, as yet, shown me nothing that says that they are up to the job.

So why not? Why not just put a X in the LibDem box and see what happens?

And that's a thought that really surprises me as I'd never have considered them before. I don't know that I like any of the LD policies any better than the others but I'm just fed up that they focus on petty little things and niggle at each other without (a) telling us that they've learnt from mistakes [since they'd have to admit to those mistakes] or ( b ) telling us in plain, simple & honest language what steps they'd take to sort out the mess.

How much are they going to tax my mansion for?

Thanks for your concern which has been relayed to the major shareholder. :thumbsup:

Oh, hang on a second, I've just checked our relative postcounts and you create an order of magintude more waste than I do.

PS Do you know which party Nick Clegg was associated with before the Lib Dems?

I am retired. I am therefore posting in my own time with no waste that affects anyone else. The major shareholder (unless that's you yourself) is clearly lax to the point that one wonders what other savings could be made to pay for the 1% NI increase.

As regards Clegg I assume you're going to tell me the Tory party, which he claims not to remember, although he did work for Leon Brittan.

That said I cannot really see the point you are making unless it's another diversionary tactic to move things away from the Tory policies - or non policies rather.

Glamorgan Jambo

Do you know, the argument between the significant protagonists on this thread has got me thinking along those lines.

Conservative have, as yet, shown me nothing that says that they are up to the job.

And that's a thought that really surprises me as I'd never have considered them before. I don't know that I like any of the LD policies any better than the others but I'm just fed up that they focus on petty little things and niggle at each other without (a) telling us that they've learnt from mistakes [since they'd have to admit to those mistakes] or ( b ) telling us in plain, simple & honest language what steps they'd take to sort out the mess.

Interesting post IP which shows pretty much where the election is at.

PS You've probably not too much to worry about the Lib Dems mansion tax; but maybe more to noodle on their local Income Tax which will replace Council Tax(I'm not sure if this is still in their manifesto)

Geoff Kilpatrick

IP, that's a fair summation. In my case though, having watched the Lib Dems win the 2006 by-election in Dunfermline (and the subsequent seat for the Scottish Parliament in 2007), I couldn't in all conscience vote for them because their campaigning was dishonest beyond belief.

It's why my vote is headed to the Nats (assuming it gets here and back with the air chaos!). I'm completely ambivalent over Scottish independence since I'm not Scottish but they are the least worst option in my view.

Archived