Where to stay in Newcastle

paulyjambo

Just wondering if anyone knows any decent hotels to stay in with the Girlfriend. Im taking her down for her birthday at the end of the month and looking for some reasonably priced accomodation.

I have looked at the travellodge on Quayside but im unsure how good it is and have also looked as Jury's but thats just a scam cos its ?69 if I book just the Fri night but if I want Fri and Sat its ?91 a night......plus I am unable to make a single booking just for the sat to make it cheaper! how can they get away with that??

Anyways any help is much appreciated, somewhere clean, cheap and chearfull near the city cente would be good.

It's not near the city centre, but I always take my family to the Marriott Gosforth Park hotel which is north of the city next to the racecourse, and just off the A1. Really good hotel, and you can drive into the city in about 10 minutes or so. Plus it's an easy drive to the Metro Centre at Gateshead - 15 mins should do it. Best deals are usually on http://www.marriott.com. It's not especially cheap, and it's not in the city centre, but it's nice. And there's a McDonalds right across the road.....:cool:

Archived