Tonights Ask the Club

loveofthegame

Robbo going out his way for Hearts to help without any reward to himself..smashing!!! Is it just me or is Robbo being allowed to come back home again for the greater good? This makes me happy :love:

I agree - That is brillaint of Robbo to do this and as such, he continues to be a maroon legend. Thank you for the update posts as they have further improved my mood in line with JJ's re-arrival and overall sense of direction and purpose again, both on and off the field.

In short, I feel I am getting Hearts back again!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBF it was the first time i reliased that a 14 team or even 16 team league would not work because of the lack of income. What about if the league cup games were 2-leg affairs ?

There would be a slight drop in income, from less game V the OF. However any team relying on the sc7m doesn't deserve to be there. The league would be more competitive, which technically should bring in more home fans and equal out any losses.

jamboinglasgow

There would be a slight drop in income, from less game V the OF. However any team relying on the sc7m doesn't deserve to be there. The league would be more competitive, which technically should bring in more home fans and equal out any losses.

its not just the OF money (which is overestimated imo) but also you have to remember that the tv money recieved would now be split 16/18 ways rather than 12.

MacDonald Jardine

It's not that it's the loss of four home games.

And I'm yet to be convinced as to why the league would be more competitive or fans would be queuing up to watch Partick Thistle or Ross County.

Ray Winstone

its not just the OF money (which is overestimated imo) but also you have to remember that the tv money recieved would now be split 16/18 ways rather than 12.

You have to speculate to accumulate.

If the league re-structures then initially we might be talking about a smaller chunk of the TV money, but if the standard of football improves and the League becomes more competitive (at both ends) then there may be a healthier TV deal in the offing.

Did anybody mention Driver and Wallace will be on there way out at the end of the season and this will also go towards the debt

Nade,Kingston and Jose off the wage bill as well.

All of these above with the DFE will help with our debt

It was a great night, made all the more entertaining by Scott Wilson as compere. JJ was very forthright in his answers and (although I couldn't hear every word said) was quite honest with the answers provided to questions posed to him by some on subjects ranging from Goncalves, training methods, players having more input (than should be the case) into whether or not they played (because of injury), etc, etc.

If the exercise is repeated I would recommend those who didn't get there last night make an effort to attend. All of the directors / people at the top table made a real effort to mingle with supporters at half time. I saw Serj actively walking up to people and introducing himself in an effort to strike up a conversation.

Well done to all.

Was it an open event? Everyone welcome along?

Was it an open event? Everyone welcome along?

Only open for Season ticket holders to apply for tickets.

Did anybody mention Driver and Wallace will be on there way out at the end of the season and this will also go towards the debt

Nade,Kingston and Jose off the wage bill as well.

All of these above with the DFE will help with our debt

Can`t see too many clubs being interested in driver after how injury prone he`s been

Gonna be honest here. He looked handicapped.

I don?t really know him but I've met the guy before, whilst I don?t know the exact details, I believe he suffered a brain tumour or haemorrhage which causes his slurred speech. He's totally harmless and hearts daft from what I recall.

Really enjoyed the evening, I thought the panel were as up front as they could be, save for Sergius' stock answer regarding whether Vlad has lost interest in Hearts.

Hawick Jambo

Thanks to everyone for the information - much appreciated.

I'd endorse the comments about Robbo being even more of a legend and its so good to have JJ etc back home.

Another question for those that were there, was there a suggestion as to when the demolition then rebuilding of the stand would commence?

Clerry Jambo

Another question for those that were there, was there a suggestion as to when the demolition then rebuilding of the stand would commence?

Could be wrong BigH but I got the impression they want to break even by 2012 and maybe at that point will go ahead with the stand

the guy who was responsible for it, cant mind his name, said it would be relient on us breaking even and then said he hoped to see this in 2012. that seems a bit bullish though.

Could be wrong BigH but I got the impression they want to break even by 2012 and maybe at that point will go ahead with the stand

the guy who was responsible for it, cant mind his name, said it would be relient on us breaking even and then said he hoped to see this in 2012. that seems a bit bullish though.

Cheers guys.

So, the deal seems to be, IF we break even by 2012 we MIGHT start to build a big stand?

Walter Bishop

Why does everyone that asks a question say "im a season ticket holder"? If you werent you wouldnt be there!!! :whistling:

Buffalo Bill

Cheers guys.

So, the deal seems to be, IF we break even by 2012 we MIGHT start to build a big stand?

Roger.

Sergio Garcia

Theres a light bulb no working in the main stand acc to one question unsure.gif and folk are smoking in the back O the wheatfield cos one unlucky woman has been burned three times and only four stewards were on duty ....... to which Scott Wilson replied that the rest were having a quick fag at the back o the Wheatfield whistling.gif

The hard hitting questions, if i was there id be asking why the Sun girls are not here more often.

I liked the way that John just kinda looked at her in disbelief when she claimed the first time there were only 2 stewards working in the Wheatfield.

But in all honesty real well done by the club, very interesting discussion.

heartsfc_fan

Who was that drunk looking auld man? :laugh: the camera went black for about 3 seconds, so I assume they had to "edit" a swear word out.

Decent viewing mind, some interesting questions.

Buffalo Bill

So, does anyone follow Hearts on Twitter?

Only gays like Stephen Fry and Gok Wan use Twitter.

It was me who asked the question about redevelopment of the main stand.

It was a two part question:

(a) when will it be announced?

(B) what will the reconstruction consist of?

VV answered (B) first by saying slimmed down, less costly version (in region of 15million)

He didn't answer (a) at all and it took Scott Wilson to interject and asK VV what about the timescale.

VV then replied with the bit about break even by 2012 etc.

He ended up by not actullay putting a timescale on it, and you could interpret his answer as wait till 2012 and we'll see how we are financially.

did anyone on here speak to the members of staff at half time and ask anything interesting?

My friend asked Campbell Ogilvie if Hearts had been consulted about post split fixtures yet.

(Bearing in mind its now really just 6th place that is undecided)

He said they hadn't, but when they are he's sure L&B Police will mention to the SPL that on the weekend of 1/2 May there is some big egg chasing two day event on at Murrayfield, and it could mean we are away that weekend.

He had not heard anything about a Hibs v. Hearts game (assuming we are in the top 6) being switched to Tynecastle cos of Police concerns re segregation at ER. (this has been rumoured on JKB)

Don't know if the above is interesting enough for you!

jamboinglasgow

My friend asked Campbell Ogilvie if Hearts had been consulted about post split fixtures yet.

(Bearing in mind its now really just 6th place that is undecided)

He said they hadn't, but when they are he's sure L&B Police will mention to the SPL that on the weekend of 1/2 May there is some big egg chasing two day event on at Murrayfield, and it could mean we are away that weekend.

He had not heard anything about a Hibs v. Hearts game (assuming we are in the top 6) being switched to Tynecastle cos of Police concerns re segregation at ER. (this has been rumoured on JKB)

Don't know if the above is interesting enough for you!

thats interesting enough.

heartsfc_fan

The SPL should do the correct thing and release some possible fixtures with the split in mind.

I know it might take a few hours for the idiots above to decide, but at least it gives us a rough idea to plan ahead.

did anyone on here speak to the members of staff at half time and ask anything interesting?

Yes. JJ came over to me at the end of the evening for a wee chat and to thank me for the complimentary comments I made during the first session. (I worked with him about 20 years ago and we have bumped into each other a few times since).

He was astonished at some of the salaries paid and stated that he had 4 younger players with SPL experience desperate to come to Hearts, who he felt would make a real difference. Their combined wages would be less than that offered to Jose Goncalves! No names given and I did not press the point (out of respect), but he is REALLY up for this job and hopes to at least win another trophy before retiring.

He has had no interfence whatsoever and believes that will continue. He did state though that (paraphrasing) "If someone wants to make footballing decisions" he (JJ) "will let them do the job"....fairly subtle on the face of it, but I was in no doubt what he meant.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Yes. JJ came over to me at the end of the evening for a wee chat and to thank me for the complimentary comments I made during the first session. (I worked with him about 20 years ago and we have bumped into each other a few times since).

He was astonished at some of the salaries paid and stated that he had 4 younger players with SPL experience desperate to come to Hearts, who he felt would make a real difference. Their combined wages would be less than that offered to Jose Goncalves! No names given and I did not press the point (out of respect), but he is REALLY up for this job and hopes to at least win another trophy before retiring.

He has had no interfence whatsoever and believes that will continue. He did state though that (paraphrasing) "If someone wants to make footballing decisions" he (JJ) "will let them do the job"....fairly subtle on the face of it, but I was in no doubt what he meant.

very promising indeed, thanks for the info val. would love wee mehdi taoiul from killie to join us in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Only gays like Stephen Fry and Gok Wan use Twitter.

I used to agree but i have found myself getting addicted in the last few days.

I feel terrible about it :(

Archived