Tonights Ask the Club

loveofthegame

loveofthegame

Wasn't there myself tonight but surely some kickbackers where and would like to share what was discussed with the rest of us?!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there myself tonight but surely some kickbackers where and would like to share what was discussed with the rest of us?!

Was thinking that myself mate but most are probably still in the locality discussing the topics of the evening :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

was wondering the same, wonder if it is overrunning. Just really like to know what was said even if it was a dull evening.

Nelly Terraces

Dunno why, but just a wild guess that Mr Jeffries would've got a fairly decent reception from the crowd there tonight. whistling.gif

was wondering the same, wonder if it is overrunning. Just really like to know what was said even if it was a dull evening.

Read the ad for it on HW. There's more on the flier about the bar than about the Q&A!! I can guess where our trusted attendees are and what they're doing. We'll get our updates tomorrow if they can manage it!

CavySlaveJambo

quite a lot and can't remember much.

was intresting.

there was something about debt. something about player - signings and people leaving, new contracts etc

something about the league structure. CO is infavour of a 12 team league - play 22 and then play either top eight or bottom 4 with the top 4 of the first division. something (lots) around sectarianism.

loads of different things

was intresting.

there was something about debt. something about player - signings and people leaving, new contracts etc

something about the league structure. CO is infavour of a 12 team league - play 22 and then play either top eight or bottom 4 with the top 4 of the first division. something (lots) around sectarianism.

So you didnt take minutes for me? whistling.gif

was intresting.

Helen can I suggest taking a notebook and pen with you next time? ;)

Ryan Gosling

New stand will cost ?10m - ?15m, club hopes to break even by 2012, new sponsorship deal almost secured for next season, accounts due next week, AGM in April.

New shirt sponsor

New stand to have no commercial development,only stand but boxes,hospitality etc. 11,000 capacity,plans being redrawn.

Vlad hasn't interfered at all with JJ.

Campbell Ogilvie wants a new complicated league set up involving the top 4 from the First Division.

Zaliukas may be back for the Rangers game.

Forgiveness of debt,or debt for equity swap or a mix of both.

Accounts in next week or so,AGM the week after.

New Stand will hold about 11,000 fans. A DfE scheme or "gift" to the club is likely to be announced in the summer to help address the club's debt. No details on figures or exact timing but Sergius seemed pretty confident it would happen....

New Stand will hold about 11,000 fans. A DfE scheme or "gift" to the club is likely to be announced in the summer to help address the club's debt. No details on figures or exact timing but Sergius seemed pretty confident it would happen....

And then the Administrator moves in...so my Hobo friends tell me...

Walter Bishop

New shirt sponsor

New stand to have no commercial development,only stand but boxes,hospitality etc. 11,000 capacity,plans being redrawn.

Vlad hasn't interfered at all with JJ.

Campbell Ogilvie wants a new complicated league set up involving the top 4 from the First Division.

Zaliukas may be back for the Rangers game.

Forgiveness of debt,or debt for equity swap or a mix of both.

Accounts in next week or so,AGM the week after.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Made laugh out loud for some reason!!!

Read the ad for it on HW. There's more on the flier about the bar than about the Q&A!! I can guess where our trusted attendees are and what they're doing. We'll get our updates tomorrow if they can manage it!

I was there tonight!

Sergejus Fedotovas was asked about signing players, salary caps etc but he gave very vague answers that then made others that were there bring up the same type of questions to get more answers. Someone asked if romanov would consider any offers of investment and he replied with only if it would benefit the club

Vitalijus Vasiliauskas was asked questions about the stadium refevelopment and from what i took from what he said was that there are new regulations coming in and we need to be able to break even before we can build a the new stand. We are hoping to do this by 2012?!? What we are looking at new stand wise is a stand with corporate facilities.

Campbell Oglvie spoke about the redevelopment of the league and it has been put to the sfa that we have the 12 team league and after 22 games? the top eoght play against each other and the bottom 4 and the top 4 of the 1st division play against each other and the top four from theses game would start in the top division for the next season.

JJ got a good reception talking about he will speak to the board about who he wants at the club next season out of the players we already have then they will sit down and talk about players that would improve the squad.

CavySlaveJambo

There will be a disscussion tommorow between union rep, management, and Captain and Vice Captain regarding discaplinary fines etc. Lots of bookings are for dissent.

Looking into the figures regarding a "500 club" for new stand.

jamboinglasgow

So lets me see, from what people say.

-We are now getting a 11,000 seater stand at a reasonable price (?10m-15m is pretty good for a pretty big stand with hopefully good faciltities and hospitaltiy) and I do hope it looks nice when re-designed.

-After 5 years we are almost certainly having an outside shirt sponser.

-A chunk of our debt will be removed in a dfe or even just written off.

-We are getting Robbo for free (minus expenses) once a week to coach the strikers.

Sounds pretty good to me and if all that happens the economists down the road will be close to tears while they search every possible sign to mean it isn't posistive.

Buffalo Bill

Just back. Cracking night. The Lithuanian chap looked a dead ringer for Jeff Colby from Dynasty.

jeff_colby-char.jpg

Nade has had it

Goncalves has had it

The big new stand has had it, a more realistic 10-11000 seater with less facilities in the planning

The players were unhappy with Csabas training & tactics

Mulrooney never told anyone he was a central midfielder till JJ asked him

Gary Locke still v happy about Saturday

Billy Brown reckons he could mark Nade

Obua is good in the air "when he gets his feet of the ground"

Glens confidence on the way back

Vlad still very into Hearts

Campbell Ogilvie wants a 12 team league with bottom 4 playing top 4 in 1st division with 4 staying up at end of season

JJ still gettin the pish ripped out of him for Petric

Some refinancing or equity stuff to come in the summer

We may have a shirt sponsor

Lawrence Broadie seems to like pies

Folk better stop smokin in the stands or a womans going to get you

Many suggestions on what to do about old firm fans singing dodgy songs

Scott Wilson uses his wifes phone

Club to encourage more events like this

Larrys version of whats happend over the past year far different from the papers, JJ is giving him a chance

No interference from Vlad

Realistic Transfer targets already discussed

Vlad well aware of JJ's reputation for getting good scottish laddies

JJ reckons that bad luck & maybe different training methods previously along with cold weather may be the cause for our injuries.

JJ meeting with Stewart, Zal & Fraser wishart tomorrow to discuss discipline And bring in new & acceptable procedures

The press are to weedgie orientated & Hearts are now concentrating getting their message directly to fans via Twitter, Facebook & Hearts TV rather than the using the press whose circulation is reducing year on year anyway.

All very positive but realistic.

Parkhead is a shithole for away fans

Pints are ?2.60

If anyone wants to invest Vlad will talk but has no intention of selling

JJ happy with Hearts youth policy

Now you diny have to watch it on Hearts telly tomorrow !!

Ching Ching, Ive not read this back so sorry for any spelling mistakes

The thing I was most interested in was that the club hope to break even in 2 years time.

Which would require a couple of things:

A) A massive reduction in costs, whether this be money spend on playing staff or a reduction in debt and therefore debt interest.

or/and..

B ) A massive increase in income, difficult to see how this could be achieved.

Both breaking even and new stands still seem far fetched. Although I wasn't there tonight.

jamboinglasgow

The thing I was most interested in was that the club hope to break even in 2 years time.

Take it u mean turning a profit in at the end of the year. If so I was hoping we would do that sooner

Nade has had it

Goncalves has had it

The big new stand has had it, a more realistic 10-11000 seater with less facilities in the planning

Campbell Ogilvie wants a 12 team league with bottom 4 playing top 4 in 1st division with 4 staying up at end of season

Larrys version of whats happend over the past year far different from the papers, JJ is giving him a chance

JJ reckons that bad luck & maybe different training methods previously along with cold weather may be the cause for our injuries.

JJ meeting with Stewart, Zal & Fraser wishart tomorrow to discuss discipline And bring in new & acceptable procedures

The press are to weedgie orientated & Hearts are now concentrating getting their message directly to fans via Twitter, Facebook & Hearts TV rather than the using the press whose circulation is reducing year on year anyway.

Pints are ?2.60

:lol:

Great update. Thx.

Hungry hippo

All clubs aim to break even in two years. Unfortunately all clubs have been saying this for about 15 years but it very rarely happens.

As a business we are heading in the right direction though (in particular with the wage bill) but I would say the only way was up!

Ryan Gosling

Take it u mean turning a profit in at the end of the year. If so I was hoping we would do that sooner

The wage bill and lack of transfer activity makes that impossible.

JJ meeting with Stewart, Zal & Fraser wishart tomorrow to discuss discipline

What the **** has it got to do with that prick Wishart?

Anyway did they ask my question?

I wanted to know if it upset JJ that even after more than 450 first team games involved with the first team of Hearts that some folk are still too lazy/ignorant to spell his name correctly.

Just out of interest.... what is the current capacity of the old main stand ?

Think it is around 6 - 7k

Buffalo Bill

I think what jeff_colby-char.jpg meant was that we need to stop losing money by 2012 in order for work on the 'new stand' to commence.

2012: we were warned.

heartsfc_fan

Would be interesting to see what the current debt levels are and who will sponsor us next season! ;)

Buffalo Bill

Think it is around 6 - 7k

Only if Aberdeen are playing a semi.

About 4,500.

davemclaren

Only if Aberdeen are playing a semi.

About 4,500.

Correct. The 11,000 figure is strange as I'm sure that's what they said the capacity was for the 'big' stand with all the redevelopment. 8k-ish would be fine imo taking us over 20k.

Nelly Terraces

Nade has had it

Goncalves has had it

Pints are ?2.60

Bish, Bash, Bosh, jobs a goodie, blinding summary chief, cheers. Saves me f'kin around watchin it for 2 hours online tomorrow. wink.gif

Buffalo Bill

What the **** has it got to do with that prick Wishart?

Anyway did they ask my question?

I wanted to know if it upset JJ that even after more than 450 first team games involved with the first team of Hearts that some folk are still too lazy/ignorant to spell his name correctly.

Wishart hated playing for Hearts, and didn't try a leg for us under Hamster Chops McLean as we flirted with relegation.

I'd rather Mohamed Berthe got the gig.

Robbo going out his way for Hearts to help without any reward to himself..smashing!!! Is it just me or is Robbo being allowed to come back home again for the greater good? This makes me happy :love:

forthriverjambo

4,500, i believe but might me a bit out but it`s less than 5,000.

Nelly Terraces

Certain amateur economists to the East of the city will be greetin about the DfE or write off of a large chunk of debt soon.

Tynie = flats. Yeah, whatever ya fecking hobo mongers.

Buffalo Bill

Correct. The 11,000 figure is strange as I'm sure that's what they said the capacity was for the 'big' stand with all the redevelopment. 8k-ish would be fine imo taking us over 20k.

The big change is ditching 80m high glass skyscraper restaurant that would've still turned over less than Marvid's Cafe.

"A near" 11,000 stand might not be all that much dearer than an 8,000. Just a bit more concrete really. I imagine all the costs of these things are within the inner workings; fixtures, fittings etc.

davemclaren

The big change is ditching 80m high glass skyscraper restaurant that would've still turned over less than Marvid's Cafe.

"A near" 11,000 stand might not be all that much dearer than an 8,000. Just a bit more concrete really. I imagine all the costs of these things are within the inner workings; fixtures, fittings etc.

Bigger stand, more fixtures and fttings I suppose but I don't work in the building trade.

Carl Weathers

Robbo going out his way for Hearts to help without any reward to himself..smashing!!! Is it just me or is Robbo being allowed to come back home again for the greater good? This makes me happy :love:

I'm sure JJ said Robbo will help the club once a week on a voluntary basis - but will be looked after (whatever that means).

Great news though.

The usual vague responses on finances - I'm sure that's one for the AGM in April.

The best shout was JJ's 'we're on air' (recorded video) quip when asked to comment on Nade remaining at the club next year...i.e he didn't want to give a straight no - but we all knew that's what he meant. He also remarked that Billy Brown reckons he could still mark Nade as he never moves.

Again, I ask what has it got to do with that prick Wishart?

Like it or not, he's the player's rep. You can't impose disciplinary measures unless it's agreeable on all sides.

Right about the prick bit, though.

And I think he's grabbing it with both hands.

Approximately 4,978.

Could somebody please explain what "debt for equity" means? WTF is equity anyway?

Archived