Todays Referee

The Comedian

After a week of intense spotlight on the officials, you'd imagine he would screw the nut and have a reasonable game. No...

Gary McDonald, 3+ fouls before he was booked which the ref pointed out while he was given a yellow. Mulrooney is on the park 3 minutes, his first 'foul' and he goes into the book.

Kingstons straight red was very harsh, a booking would have been right. The good Scottish laddies (Copyright Mr J Hughes) such as Fyvie and Diamond made sure he walked.

Blatant push on Stevenson in the box, clear penalty but he didn't give it.

I'm really pleased with the result today, more so because we had to overcome the tool of a ref who gave Aberdeen every possible opportunity.

Mon the Hearts!

8,316 according to the BBC.

Was watching a terrible stream, with the picture buffering throughout, so can anyone explain what happened when Elliott ended up on the deck after a challenge by, I think, Kerr?

Indeed, but even the worriers forum pooh pooh that figure and reckon it was nearer 6.5K! You can guarantee it'll be less from now on in too - especially if they don't pick up something from Hamilton next week!!

Guest juvehearts

it was a usual typical performance from collum.

card happy & always looking to send someone off.

he hates hearts with a passion, game was always stop start & how he never gave a penalty i will never know.

diamond should have walked for dissent, kingston was unlucky, wee paul was in the wrong place at the wrong time,

stll 1-0 GIRFU SFA

roll on tannadice

7 in it, beat the arabs in their back gardens hibs will be keeking themselfs when they come to our patch

biggest derby since 04.04.06, hopefully they wont come dressed up as seats this time

juve

it was a usual typical performance from collum.

card happy & always looking to send someone off.

he hates hearts with a passion, game was always stop start & how he never gave a penalty i will never know.

diamond should have walked for dissent, kingston was unlucky, wee paul was in the wrong place at the wrong time,

stll 1-0 GIRFU SFA

roll on tannadice

7 in it, beat the arabs in their back gardens hibs will be keeking themselfs when they come to our patch

biggest derby since 04.04.06, hopefully they wont come dressed up as seats this time

juve

yip totally agree................. except i went to the 1 two days earlier :whistling:

Never Let Them Forget

Just back from the football and was going to start a thread about him!

It was actually beyond a joke how bad he was, how poor can the officials actually get??

What a performance though against 12men and us down to 10 :)

Ref was embarrassing again today!

Celtic have a cheek! :verymad:

But his performance doesn't affect me as much since we got the win, and the team fought brilliantly, well done lads :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

Lets hope he sees sense and reduces Laryea's red to a yellow. I dont see how he cant mind you,never a red in the 1st place!!!

portobellojambo1

I'm not convinced that was the correct attendance today.

I thought there were more inside Pittodrie at the cup tie we played up there in January, but the given crowd that day was 8,226 I think. Where we sit it is difficult to tell how many Aberdeen fans were in the same stand alongside us, but the rest of the ground was sparsely populated. I would reckon the crowd today was probably nearer 7,000.

Do you not remember last week? I think we had 2 bookings and both those players were booked after making one bad tackle. The difference between us and the rest of the SPL is our players dont get spoken to they are just shown cards.

Was he not the ref who sent off Zali for Lee Miller collapsing in front of him and refused to change his mind over the sending off.

Keltic minded bias

Was he not the ref who sent off Zali for Lee Miller collapsing in front of him and refused to change his mind over the sending off.

Keltic minded bias

no, that was brines.

Keltic minded bias

No. That was Ian Brines.

Getting these muppets mixed up is perfectly understandable. They're all awful.

At 10.00am on Monday Collum will get his obligatory well done text from the ref supervisor.

Awful, awful performance. Anyone who thinks Kingston deserved a red (Craig Burley) is a t!t of the highest order.

Guest juvehearts

At 10.00am on Monday Collum will get his obligatory well done text from the ref supervisor.

Awful, awful performance. Anyone who thinks Kingston deserved a red (Craig Burley) is a t!t of the highest order.

we all knew that anyway lol

juve

Graeme Russell

After a week of intense spotlight on the officials, you'd imagine he would screw the nut and have a reasonable game. No...

Gary McDonald, 3+ fouls before he was booked which the ref pointed out while he was given a yellow. Mulrooney is on the park 3 minutes, his first 'foul' and he goes into the book.

Kingstons straight red was very harsh, a booking would have been right. The good Scottish laddies (Copyright Mr J Hughes) such as Fyvie and Diamond made sure he walked.

Blatant push on Stevenson in the box, clear penalty but he didn't give it.

I'm really pleased with the result today, more so because we had to overcome the tool of a ref who gave Aberdeen every possible opportunity.

Mon the Hearts!

Terrible display from the man in black, we should have had a penalty for the push on Stevenson, any other area on the pitch and he would have given it. Got swayed by the Dons support and over reaction from Fyfie to incorrectly send off

Kingston. Our refs have to be the worst in Europe and that is saying something. :down:

I'm not convinced that was the correct attendance today.

I thought there were more inside Pittodrie at the cup tie we played up there in January, but the given crowd that day was 8,226 I think. Where we sit it is difficult to tell how many Aberdeen fans were in the same stand alongside us, but the rest of the ground was sparsely populated. I would reckon the crowd today was probably nearer 7,000.

Agree it looked like a lot less than at the cup tie

Yet another of the Glasgow mafia over promoted by Hugh Dallas. Refereeing standards have been falling for years, however this has accelerated under Dallas tenure as head of refereeing. Colum is far from the worst in Scotland, and the very fact that you can say that shows just how bad things have become.

i thought the ref had a good game. Sure he's human made the odd mistake, but less than most of the players. he was conned a bit at the kingston red by the behaviour of the Aberdeen cheats, but as long as player continue to behave inappropriately and cheat you'll never have the perfect ref. The reality is that if players played the game properly and didn't cheat there would be little need for refs.

It's all too easy to blame the ref. When I were a lad, players doing what they do now would have been regarded as sissy cheats.

i thought the ref had a good game. Sure he's human made the odd mistake, but less than most of the players. he was conned a bit at the kingston red by the behaviour of the Aberdeen cheats, but as long as player continue to behave inappropriately and cheat you'll never have the perfect ref. The reality is that if players played the game properly and didn't cheat there would be little need for refs.

It's all too easy to blame the ref. When I were a lad, players doing what they do now would have been regarded as sissy cheats.

Okay, any explanation for Aberdeen players being allowed 3 or 4 fouls before being booked while our own Mulrooney received a booking for one? It's referee incompetence, same as being swayed to send Kingston off and the same as missing a blatant push on Stevenson.

Okay, any explanation for Aberdeen players being allowed 3 or 4 fouls before being booked while our own Mulrooney received a booking for one? It's referee incompetence, same as being swayed to send Kingston off and the same as missing a blatant push on Stevenson.

We all look at it from our own teams perspective, no doubt Aberdeen supporters would have a different take on it. It may be the case that the ref considered Mulrooney's offence worse than any of the minor fouls committed by Aberdeen players.

It was a blatant push on Stevenson, but give the ref a break, maybe from where he was standings Stevenson's body stopped him from seeing the arm?

We can argue till the cows come home, the real issue is players cheating, not bad refereeing.

The Mulrooney booking was for a shirt pull! :thumbsup:

I honestly didn't see much cheating yesterday which could have fooled the referee. He shouldn't be dumb enough to fall for it anyway, you can get booked for cheating too after all.

The Stevenson penalty, linesman???? Nothing.

I agree with you that if there were no cheating players then the ref's would have a easier time of it however that wasn't the case yesterday. And even if there was no cheating they'd still **** it up.

We all look at it from our own teams perspective, no doubt Aberdeen supporters would have a different take on it. It may be the case that the ref considered Mulrooney's offence worse than any of the minor fouls committed by Aberdeen players.

It was a blatant push on Stevenson, but give the ref a break, maybe from where he was standings Stevenson's body stopped him from seeing the arm?

We can argue till the cows come home, the real issue is players cheating, not bad refereeing.

Horse droppings!

While players DO cheat (and I hate that) you are way too understanding of officials. Perhaps the ref could not see the push from his angle- the linesman has a physical view which is 90 degrees different to the ref...what was HIS excuse?!

maybe, but the same cannot be said for the linesmans view.

Was watching a terrible stream, with the picture buffering throughout, so can anyone explain what happened when Elliott ended up on the deck after a challenge by, I think, Kerr?

Kerr lunged in with studs showing. He won the ball, but because of the recklessness of the tackle was booked.

Since he won the ball, the ref must have given a foul for "Serious Foul Play" for which the punishment is a red card.

Why he only booked Kerr but sent off Kingston is strange.

From the SFA rules of the game

Careless, reckless, using excessive force

?Careless? means that the player has shown a lack of attention or

consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without

precaution.

? No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be

careless

?Reckless? means that the player has acted with complete disregard

to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent

? A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

?Using excessive force? means that the player has far exceeded the

necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

? A player who uses excessive force must be sent off.

Which one of the three was Kingston?

Archived