Traffic Polis

sick.of.romanov

sick.of.romanov

Over the past week theyve been hiding down a small opening just past the shell garage west bound on Glasgow Road. Its been a silver audi and as soon as theyve seen someone committing a serious offence like going a few miles an hour over the speed limit theyre off like starskey and hutch after them!

Ten minutes later and theyre back waiting on there next target, cheeky so and so's and very easy policing, just ease up when your going past at t-time.

Theyve also started going about in a plain 04 silver merc c class i think, just letting u know :icon14:

Miller Jambo 60

Over the past week theyve been hiding down a small opening just past the shell garage west bound on Glasgow Road. Its been a silver audi and as soon as theyve seen someone committing a serious offence like going a few miles an hour over the speed limit theyre off like starskey and hutch after them!

Ten minutes later and theyre back waiting on there next target, cheeky so and so's and very easy policing, just ease up when your going past at t-time.

Theyve also started going about in a plain 04 silver merc c class i think, just letting u know icon14.gif

Aye they are tough mate, like picking on bairns trimming trees, Might take my Phantom jet out for a fly pass PC world.

Catch that , Ma Ha.

sick.of.romanov

Aye they are tough mate, like picking on bairns trimming trees, Might take my Phantom jet out for a fly pass PC world.

Catch that , Ma Ha.

Theyve just hacked me off watching them this week and wanted folk to know what theyre up2, maybe its a new form of policing catch as many as you can committing minor traffic offences then sleep in your car all night! :whistling:

They can park there all year, but they still wouldn't catch me as I never break the speed limit in a built up area. :thumbsup:

Complete waste of police time. They should be out collaring drunk/drug drivers and drivers using their mobile phones.

Miller Jambo 60

They can park there all year, but they still wouldn't catch me as I never break the speed limit in a built up area. thumbsup.gif

Complete waste of police time. They should be out collaring drunk/drug drivers and drivers using their mobile phones.

Aye and the tarts putting their lippy on.

As for smokers(CIGS) is that not as bad or worse than mobis.

TBH, mobi abusers are selfish tubes.

Doug.

Aye and the tarts putting their lippy on.

As for smokers(CIGS) is that not as bad or worse than mobis.

TBH, mobi abusers are selfish tubes.

Doug.

You're absolutely spot on Doug. These extremely selfish people put other road users at serious risk. :verymad:

But you're on here at least once a week complaining about the standard of drivers Doug. So you should be glad to see the police taking positive steps.

And speeding in town is dangerous and anti social.

So you should be glad to see the police taking positive steps.

They're not though. Parking up a side street is lazy policing and they won't catch mobile users etc.

They're not though. Parking up a side street is lazy policing and they won't catch mobile users etc.

Surely hiding is a good tactic if you are looking for offenders? Sitting on the main road in a luminous Range Rover gives the game away a bit.

Surely hiding is a good tactic if you are looking for offenders? Sitting on the main road in a luminous Range Rover gives the game away a bit.

They should be driving about, not skulking up a side street. It will take a fraction of a second for a car to pass them - not long enough to spot a mobile user.

A wee true story about two mounties doing s speed trap in Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan is primarily prairie farmland long stretches of nothing but fields of wheat etc and hot summers.

The speed trap was set up on the main highway. The senior constable was in the car with radar the rookie was further down the highway parked up a side road. His instructions were when a speeder passes me I will radio you the speed and vehicle description and you get to the high way, stop and ticket them.

The first cars comes, the older cop radios blue chev, 95.mph. The rookie in boots and breeches, tunic, stetson, takes of at a run just to see the chevy fly past. He is asked did you get him no is the response. This happens 3 or 4 times, eventually the senior cop heads down, what he sees is a young c op, exhausted, sweating profusely, and almost in a state of collapse. What happened he asks, the young cop answers I ran my fastest but just couldn,t get there in time. The older man quite patiently then points out, thats why you have a car equipped with a red light and siren.

On reading this I realise it probably is funnier when the guy involved tells it and you know the geography

They should be driving about, not skulking up a side street. It will take a fraction of a second for a car to pass them - not long enough to spot a mobile user.

I am inclined to agree.

On all these cops on camera style programmes you see them catching people out by driving with the traffic.

Also agree that people should be pulled up for smoking and applying make-up.

Anything that takes attention away from the task in hand, ie driving.

Miller Jambo 60

You shouldn't be angry at them or critical, talking from experience I can honestly say its all pensionable time. whistling.gif

Ha Ha right enough Bob, see Edinburgh though we must have more speed cameras per square mile than any other city FACT.

siegementality

Ha Ha right enough Bob, see Edinburgh though we must have more speed cameras per square mile than any other city FACT.

Fiction actually.

http://www.lbsafetycameras.co.uk/index.php/cameras/edinburgh_cameras

31 fixed speed cameras in Edinburgh. I'll bet you a pound to a bucket of shyte that is no where near the most cameras per square mile.

siegementality

How could you be in a position to speed there anyway? Great use of resource L&B.

Who said they were looking for speeders?

The Mighty Thor

They can park there all year, but they still wouldn't catch me as I never break the speed limit in a built up area. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

I had the blade out today for a shakedown after it's winter hibernation and it's staggering how many folk are on the phone whilst driving.

On a side note it was fecking freezing today :mellow:

siegementality

Nobody I must have assumed they were. Humble apologies.

No need to apologise.

Unless they have invented a new machine then the only way you can be done for speeding is being flashed by a camera, a hand held radar, or cops with a calibrated speedometer following you. There is nothing, to my knowledge, that can detect your speed side on. Coming toward you yes, going away from you yes, side on, eh, no.

Could they have been looking for mobile phone users? drunk/drugs drivers? a stolen vehicle? a disqualified driver? or maybe someone delivering drugs?. There are a number of reasons why the cops could be there, without knowing why you can hardly criticise or question the use of their resources.

Most drunk/drug drivers tend to speed, whilst on their mobile phones, so more than likely trying to kill two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

The problem with the police now is they are run almost as a business now.

They are given targets that they must reach bla bla bla.

Over xmas my sister got locked out her house ( key snapped in the lock when it was -15deg c)after a night out.

Luckly there was a meat wagon sitting just round the corner.

She went over and asked for help to get a locksmith.. they told her it was nothing to do with them and she would have to sort herself out.

They were more interested in waiting on the fights starting outside the brittish legion than helping a female in distress.

This gets them more gold stars for there little poxy graphs.

Dont speed and you have nothing to worry about.

I dont see the problem?

The speed limits are there for a reason. If you break them then you can hardly moan about getting caught.

Miller Jambo 60

Can someone please translate?

Are you a joke person, so man or woman.

Thing is you whatever im not biting , quite a sad wee person.

SO MAN OR WOMAN

GROW UP YOU BIG KID

siegementality

Are you a joke person, so man or woman.

Thing is you whatever im not biting , quite a sad wee person.

SO MAN OR WOMAN

GROW UP YOU BIG KID

I'll reply in order

No

Man

Yes you are

No

MAN

ALREADY GROWN UP

Miller Jambo 60

I'll reply in order

No

Man

Yes you are

No

MAN

ALREADY GROWN UP

You on some drug my friend , i can help my wifes a nurse.

TBH you have lost it , im Doug and no wee clown like you will wind me.

Your not a jambo, smell hobo all over yi.

KEYBOARD HUGGER Ha Ha

siegementality

You on some drug my friend , i can help my wifes a nurse.

TBH you have lost it , im Doug and no wee clown like you will wind me.

Your not a jambo, smell hobo all over yi.

KEYBOARD HUGGER Ha Ha

Doug, to be honest if your wife is a nurse she'll be far too busy caring for you to be worrying about me.

P.S. Stop it with the Hobo pish. Unless being a Jambo for all of my 40 years doesn't count!

Miller Jambo 60

Doug, to be honest if your wife is a nurse she'll be far too busy caring for you to be worrying about me.

P.S. Stop it with the Hobo pish. Unless being a Jambo for all of my 40 years doesn't count!

You meet me and my mates , cos you could be a good friend of ours.

we travel by train to away games, you up for Aberdeen.

Should be cool ,aye -2 but we jambos dont care.

dont think your a hobo my big broth is so know the score.

My boys are going up lets put all the , petty rubbish behind.

Lifes too short.

Dougstar

I think you'll find that catching those types is a by product and indeed one of the goals of high visibility, low tolerance traffic policing. Sensible people, like your good self, have nothing to fear from high visibility, low tolerance policing, provided, like your good self, that they observe the traffic laws, most of which have very sound road safety reasons for existing in the first place. You cannot be charged with a speeding offence unless you are more than 10% above the limit. Thats a margin of error everybody should be able to live with.

Hit a child at 40 etc etc.

Over xmas my sister got locked out her house ( key snapped in the lock when it was -15deg c)after a night out.

Luckly there was a meat wagon sitting just round the corner.

She went over and asked for help to get a locksmith.. they told her it was nothing to do with them and she would have to sort herself out.

They dont do that now because one particularly ungrateful individual sucessfully claimed against them for damage to their door caused whilst assisting them to access their own home. This reason and the fact that its not a police duty and never has been.

You cannot be charged with a speeding offence unless you are more than 10% above the limit.

Incorrect. They could charge you if they wish, but Chief Police Officers current guidelines suggest it's not worth it.

The Treasurer

Who said they were looking for speeders?

The main reason they sit there (and just past the Maybury, Eastbound) is to catch drivers using the bus lane.

And I for one fully support them in this.

There's nothing more annoying than sitting in traffic when some smart-a*** comes flying past breaking the law as if it doesn't apply to him

The Old Tolbooth

The main reason they sit there (and just past the Maybury, Eastbound) is to catch drivers using the bus lane.

And I for one fully support them in this.

There's nothing more annoying than sitting in traffic when some smart-a*** comes flying past breaking the law as if it doesn't apply to him

What is the rule surrounding bus lanes mate? Some folk say you cant use them inside of certain hours, others say its ok to use them during the day and people don't know the law etc, does anyone actually know the score with this?

The bus lanes along the Glasgow road are only operational twice a day i.e. for the morning and afternoon rush hours. The Calder Road, Gorgie Road, the one alongside Saughton Park,Leith Walk and a few other stretches have bus lanes that operate all day over an 11 or 12 hour period. Just read the bus lane signs of which there are plenty.

Nothing worse than those drivers who won't drive in the bus lanes when they are not operational.

The Treasurer

What is the rule surrounding bus lanes mate? Some folk say you cant use them inside of certain hours, others say its ok to use them during the day and people don't know the law etc, does anyone actually know the score with this?

Every bus lane has a sign at the start which tells the times at which the rule on use in place.

During these times only buses and taxis can use them.

Although why an empty taxi should have more right of way than a car is beyond me.

Going along costorphine road I sometimes see police with the speed guns. A fair few speed cameras on that road too, so I always make sure I go 29mph no matter what!

If you drive in a bus lane when you aren't meant to (i.e. within the time slot) if you get caught, you can be pulled over and given a ?30 fine for a minor traffic offense. No points etc, just a wee warning and a fine. Nothing that goes on record. Once you pay it, it's over.

Source: I was in a mates car when he got pulled over. He wasn't driving in the bus lane on purpose, as he thought it ended at 5:30pm....turns out it was 6:30pm.

How could you be in a position to speed there anyway? Great use of resource L&B.

Quite easily by planting your right foot in the carpet, most cars will be able to exceed the 40 limit in this space.

The Old Tolbooth

Cheers for the responses to the bus lane question folks, its not easy reading a sign with tiny writing whilst doing 50mph on the Glasgow Road though :whistling:

They dont do that now because one particularly ungrateful individual sucessfully claimed against them for damage to their door caused whilst assisting them to access their own home. This reason and the fact that its not a police duty and never has been.

This being the reason she asked to help contact a locksmith, and when has it never being police duty to serve the public!!

You cannot be charged with a speeding offence unless you are more than 10% above the limit.

Incorrect. They could charge you if they wish, but Chief Police Officers current guidelines suggest it's not worth it.

Trust me, you are wrong. The Road Traffic Act allows for a + or - 10% error factor to be built onto car speedos, which is very generous considering todays technology but was first brought in in the 1974 Act when the technology wasnt as good. The Road Traffic Act also confirms that, mostly due to the speedo error contigency there is a + or - 10% allowance for speeding offences. Just trust me. I know this one.

This being the reason she asked to help contact a locksmith, and when has it never being police duty to serve the public!!

There is a distinct difference between serving the public within the aims and guidelines they have, and wiping the public's arse every time it loses its keys. The police have lists of joiners and locksmiths they give out to people and will even call them for you. They wont sent someone to kick your door in (unless there are other extenuating circumstances), like they used to in the good old days because its simply not their job, leaves them open to compensation claims and takes them away from the real duties.

If your locked out, phone a joiner or a locksmith. Dont phone the police. Its hardly rocket science is it ?

[/b]

There is a distinct difference between serving the public within the aims and guidelines they have, and wiping the public's arse every time it loses its keys. The police have lists of joiners and locksmiths they give out to people and will even call them for you. They wont sent someone to kick your door in (unless there are other extenuating circumstances), like they used to in the good old days because its simply not their job, leaves them open to compensation claims and takes them away from the real duties.

If your locked out, phone a joiner or a locksmith. Dont phone the police. Its hardly rocket science is it ?

did you read the original mail? i think not

it was -15 deg c, and she didnt phone them. She saw them parked up across the road and only asked for a bit of help to locate said locksmith.

And it answer to your incorrect post it appears they only locate the joiner or locksmith if they can be a*sed

The Treasurer

did you read the original mail? i think not

it was -15 deg c, and she didnt phone them. She saw them parked up across the road and only asked for a bit of help to locate said locksmith.

And it answer to your incorrect post it appears they only locate the joiner or locksmith if they can be a*sed

I never knew the police offered a "yellow pages" type service.

Archived