Football Aid at Tynecastle

Football Aid

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you guys but I thought you might be interested in this!

Football Aid, in association with Heart of Midlothian FC, are once again giving fans the opportunity to bid online and win the chance to pull on their very own club kit and take part in a unique 90 min match on the hallowed turf at Tynecastle Stadium. Taking part alongside the fortunate fans, and helping to guide them through their paces, will be former players of the club; Already confirmed for this years game are Steven Boyack, Alan McLaren and Alan Lawrence.

Getting involved couldn?t be easier, just visit www.footballaid.com, select your team and position, then place your bid ? it really is that simple. And with bidding for some positions starting at just ?150, booking a position in our Decade of Dreams season could turn out to be the best bargain you?ll ever bag!

If you do choose to bid, remember to take advantage of our ?Maximum Bid? facility, this automatically bids up to your maximum amount without you having to re-bid online, stopping you getting out-bid at the last minute even when you?re offline. 90 min and 45 mins bidding positions are available now and close throughout February, with the last available positions closing on the 3rd March. The Buy Now option will remain available for selected positions throughout this period as well.

So why not visit www.footballaid.com now to find out how you could Live the Dream at Tynecastle. Alternatively, if you?d like more information, e-mail the Football Aid team at [email protected] or call us on 0131 220 5999.

Since Football Aid?s debut season in 2001, supporters from all over the world have been coming together to raise significant funds for our nominated charities. Funds raised from our events are distributed through Football Aid's parent charity Field of Dreams and split between Diabetes related projects and charities nominated by our participating clubs. Past charitable beneficiaries nominated by Hearts FC have included their own Education and Community Trust and Marie Curie Cancer Care. These donations, alongside funds donated by other clubs to local and national projects, will allow Football Aid to pledge its ?1.5 millionth to charity this season.

If you are interested then just get in touch.

Tom

Football Aid

Definetely a worthwhile venture and would love to take part, if only I could. However should be able to help out financially.

I played in this a few years ago...fantastic day. The only advice i would give is to be in Alan MacLaren's team.If he tackles you, he only gets the ball if you are fast !! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your comments Guys.

It really is a fantastic event and the club give us great support. We shall also be confirming one additional Hearts legend to take part in addition to the three already confirmed.

I'll post on here when we get that name.

We are also doing a cheque handover on the pitch at the Hamilton game on Sunday for the funds raised from last years events.

Thanks again.

Tom

Football Aid

it's really good fun guys - done it more than once - mclaren hates losing, that's for sure! quitongo seems to hate winning - no idea of the offside rule!

How much do positions usually go for.

Would love to take part, how does it work do you get a set amount of time or is it 22 players for the 90 mins

How much do positions usually go for.

Would love to take part, how does it work do you get a set amount of time or is it 22 players for the 90 mins

I played in 2004 as a 40th birthday present from Mrs Boof.

Left back for the away strips so I was due to only get the first half, however, as folk tired I got on again (think running subbies) for a wee run in the second half on the right wing.

Fantastic day out and as Meadows suggests...get on Alan MacLaren's team :D

We_are_the_Hearts

Played in 2008, game was touch and go in the morning due to snow! Cracking day though but wonder why they don't play it in May or June when the season has finished?

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know we have now confirmed that Jimmy Sandison is going to be our fourth Hearts legend in attendance on the 28th of March.

Also, we did a cheque handover of funds raised from last season's Football Aid event at the Hamilton game on Sunday and it features on the club's website.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20100222/hearts-and-football-aid-unite-for-charity_2241577_1973577

Positions are still available for the game with bidding prices starting as low as ?150

http://www.footballaid.com/events/view/56/game-1.html

Thanks for all your support.

Tom

Football Aid

• 2 weeks later...
footballaid

Hi Folks,

We still have some positions available for the Football Aid game at Tynecastle on the 28th of March at 11am.

Money raised will be split between the the club's Community and Education Trust and ourselves; we are a diabetes charity.

As mentioned above Jimmy Sandison, Alan McClaren, Steven Boyack and Alan Lawrence are all taking part.

The following positions are still available

Home Team -

Number 5 Centre Half 45 Minutes

Number 15 Centre Half 45 Minutes

Away Team -

Number 5 Centre Half 45 Minutes

Number 6 Centre Midfield 45 Minutes

Number 14 Centre Midfield 45 Minutes

Number 15 Centre Half 45 Minutes

Number 17 Left Midfield 45 Minutes

As you can see the positions are all 45 minute positions therefore they are also available to 'double-up' into one 90 minute position. (the 5 and the 15, 6 and 14).

If you require any more info visit the Hearts page at

http://www.footballaid.com/events/teams/13/heart-of-midlothian.html

or contact us at 0131 2205999 and [email protected]

Many Thanks

Tom

Football Aid

• 10 months later...

Hi Folks!

Just to let you know the bidding process has started, giving yourself a better chance of a bargain!

If you do choose to bid, remember to take advantage of the ?Maximum Bid? facility, this automatically bids up to your maximum amount without you having to re-bid online, stopping you getting out-bid at the last minute even when you?re offline. 90 min and 45 min bidding positions are available now and continue to close throughout February.

Good Luck!

I played in this a few years ago...fantastic day. The only advice i would give is to be in Alan MacLaren's team.If he tackles you, he only gets the ball if you are fast !! :rolleyes:

From time to time I wonder if that wee Italian guy (from 2007) just decided to hang up his boots after that!!!

Archived