Best looking/ Favourite Stadium's

DG_HMFC

The Olympic stadium in Athens (where AEK Athens play) is pretty cool:

I was there and it was crap. No stadium with a running track around it can be rated as good for football. Look at the distance between the goals and the crowd.... :rolleyes:

Commander Harris

as has been mentioned, Boavista's Estádio do Bessa is awesome.  really close to the pitch and very steep ensuring a great atmosphere.

8360628.jpg

Father Tiresias

Schalke_04_26249_570004.jpg

Best one Ive ever actually been in

Schalke 04 - Gelsenkirchen - Unbelievable atmosphere.

Probably the best football stadium in the world!!

Coventry City have a nice Stadium, Stade de France is good but for me there's no place like home.

386235067_8e898f8715.jpg

Agreed, absolutely stunning. :thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

as has been mentioned, Boavista's Estádio do Bessa is awesome. really close to the pitch and very steep ensuring a great atmosphere.

8360628.jpg

If we do ever build a new main stand then this should be the template, maintaining tynie's tight, steep feel. That looks class.

Few clubs can be quite so well summarised by their architecture as Newcastle United

If you were to stand on the centre circle and look North west it would appears bigger than the San Siro and Old Trafford, Turn around and it looks about the same size as it's counterpart in Middlesbrough. What's more The Gallowgate end is constantly perched over a precipitous drop.

If you were to set out to build a giant concrete and steel metaphor for Newcastle United it would end up looking something like this.

1043_12_3---Newcastle-United-FC-St-James--Park-football-ground-_web.jpg?&k=Newcastle+United+FC+St+James%27+Park+football+ground.

But it merits it's place on this list simply because while other it dominates the City centre in a way that no other ground I can think of can

Rudi Hates Hibees

_41847788_stadium_getty416.jpg

dortmund-soccer-stadium.jpg

Westfalenstadion in Dortmund. What a cracking atmosphere. But as others have said you can't beat home. :whistling:

I P Knightley

auzzie_migrant.1172772000.murrayfield_3.jpg

Murrayfield_Stadium.jpg

Much as I enjoy being inside The Emirates, I can't say that it's the best looking stadium as you don't really get the opportunity to stand back and admire it from the outside. Murrayfield, on the other hand with a backdrop of the Castle, The Pentlands, Arthur's Seat and, from certain angles, Tynecastle is really quite a good looking stadium.

BroncosStadium.jpg

Invesco Field home of the Denver Broncos

SanSiro.jpg

San Siro

D.JPG

The test cricket ground in Queenstown ,New Zealand

The Dortmund one is class aswell.

Few clubs can be quite so well summarised by their architecture as Newcastle United

If you were to stand on the centre circle and look North west it would appears bigger than the San Siro and Old Trafford, Turn around and it looks about the same size as it's counterpart in Middlesbrough. What's more The Gallowgate end is constantly perched over a precipitous drop.

If you were to set out to build a giant concrete and steel metaphor for Newcastle United it would end up looking something like this.

1043_12_3---Newcastle-United-FC-St-James--Park-football-ground-_web.jpg?&k=Newcastle+United+FC+St+James%27+Park+football+ground.

But it merits it's place on this list simply because while other it dominates the City centre in a way that no other ground I can think of can

Yep, st james is some stadium to be honest. Huge half of the stadium is amazing. Quite steep and very tall. I have been there probably 20 times since it was redeveloped.

And someone has mentioned Murrayfield. Despite being a rugby stadium, I think it's fantastic. 68,000 crammed in there make an excellent atmosphere.

It looks pretty good from the outside, mostly when it's dark and when there is a match on - traditional blue, purple and green lights on the outside.

The best and biggest stadium in scotland :)

It's very old and certainly isn't one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world, but the ivy covered outfield walls at Wrigley are deserving of a mention:

Wrigley_Field_Stadium.jpg

Sterling Archer

3320442209_5e3f0e9a1b.jpg

cowboy-stadium.jpg

Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, if I'm right that's the biggest Jumbotron screen in the world.

La Rosaleda - Home to Malaga CF

La_Rosaleda_Malaga_Spain.png

la%20rosaleda4.jpg

As a Malaga season ticket holder for a couple of years (during the redevelopment) I have to say, it is at best "tidy" and certainly doesn't warrant a mention on this thread I'm afraid!

I too visited a couple of games during the redevelopment and I would agree that it looks pretty poor at that time. However in that first picture it is a very classy stadium. Doesn't have the 'vast' factor but definitely stylish or tidy as you put it.

Thought i would add this to this thread as I was down there on Tuesday night and took some snaps.

7944626342a12255471222o.jpg

7944626342a12255471396o.jpg

Guest juvehearts

shedwall.jpg

:thumbsup:

what a ground.

so many memories in that shed.

chasing rangers, celtic & aberdeen along the side of the pitch to the gorgie road end is just one.

Archived