What did you want to be when you grew up?

blondejamtart

I wanted to be a footballer or a long distance lorry driver. I was rubbish at football, so that was never going to happen and I was even thinking about joining the T.A. and pledging to the queen, I would have hated that, to get my HGV. Bad accident put paid to that though.

I went through a phase of wanting to be a pro wrestler.

SMACKDOWN!

Boomstick!

hornswoggle.jpg

A Binman.

I used to live in a cul-de-sac till I was 5, and I loved the machine. I used to ask my mum to take me out and watch them do every house, they used to let me press the button to compress the rubbish and I was just amazed, my mum told me I was telling everyone for days how I made it work and how I wanted to do that when I was older.

Sterling Archer

A Binman.

I used to live in a cul-de-sac till I was 5, and I loved the machine. I used to ask my mum to take me out and watch them do every house, they used to let me press the button to compress the rubbish and I was just amazed, my mum told me I was telling everyone for days how I made it work and how I wanted to do that when I was older.

Low aspirations and you still didn't make it. Bet your mum's really proud you BIG ******* FAILURE :D

I wanted to be a soldier, my father preached to me from an early age to join the police. He always wanted to be in the police unfortunately he was only 5' 8" and was too short for those days. When I was quite young we would be out and he would point out a man to me, and say, " see him, he's no fifty and retired wi' a pension, hoose supplied, and even some o' the claes he's wearing are polis. So in my mind growing up I wanted to be a policeman. Now I suspect the truth is I really wanted to be a soldier.

To achieve my ambition of soldiering when I joined at seventeen I had to have my old man's signature. The agreememt was that I would do my army time and join the police when I came out. I did and to be honest hated it, and yearned to be back soldiering, but along came the woman of my life and I stuck with it and as I got used to it really enjoyed it. I had a succesful career, retired in my fifties, live well and am glad I listened to my Dad who knew what he was talking about.

To answer the question posed I wanted to be a soldier and policeman when I grew up,I achieved both and was very succesful in both. The only part of the question I haven't achieved is the growing up, can still be a wee bit stupid at times.

Low aspirations and you still didn't make it. Bet your mum's really proud you BIG ******* FAILURE :D

:lol:

I went off the idea when everyone told me I was being retarded.

Sterling Archer

I wanted to be a soldier, my father preached to me from an early age to join the police. He always wanted to be in the police unfortunately he was only 5' 8" and was too short for those days. When I was quite young we would be out and he would point out a man to me, and say, " see him, he's no fifty and retired wi' a pension, hoose supplied, and even some o' the claes he's wearing are polis. So in my mind growing up I wanted to be a policeman. Now I suspect the truth is I really wanted to be a soldier.

To achieve my ambition of soldiering when I joined at seventeen I had to have my old man's signature. The agreememt was that I would do my army time and join the police when I came out. I did and to be honest hated it, and yearned to be back soldiering, but along came the woman of my life and I stuck with it and as I got used to it really enjoyed it. I had a succesful career, retired in my fifties, live well and am glad I listened to my Dad who knew what he was talking about.

To answer the question posed I wanted to be a soldier and policeman when I grew up,I achieved both and was very succesful in both. The only part of the question I haven't achieved is the growing up, can still be a wee bit stupid at times.

I'd love to be that happy in 35 years time.

I went off the idea when everyone told me I was being retarded.

If you were retarded you'd have been perfectly qualified :thumbsup:

maroonlegions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8512576.stm

Well, what did you all want to be when you grew up (yes, I'm aware that there are some on here who will never grow up! :) )

And did any of you go on to achieve that dream?

Believe it or not a astronaut, always been fascinated by outer space. B) Got interested in food and its complexities, differences and the various cooking processes involved, especially the French Cuisine which is the main cooking processes that all chefs train from.Was a chef for 15 years but when we had the twins and ANOTHER i became a postie for the hours to help out, so at least one of my ambitions was achieved.

planet51_Copyright_Ilion_Animation_.jpg

;)

RatatouillePoster2.jpg

I always wanted to be a professional footballer, then I wanted to be a pilot, that was followed by fireman, then it was the richest man in the world, so had quite a few over the years. Never made it as any of the above.. :ermm:

I wanted to play for Hearts - didn't everyone?

aye, that's what i wanted to do. My dad told me there was no money in football and i should concentrate on getting good grades. No money in it??? I'm the same age as Mr Beckham, he seems to have done OK financially.

Maybe it was my Dad's way of telling me I wasn't that good at football, I reckon i'd have done a better job than Kurskis who played in my position.

At age 11 I reckon I would have said either a pilot or a surgeon.

Got to fly a few times with cadets and it's definitely still a dream to get a pilot's license some day.

Almost half way to being a doctor so guess I'm going down the right lines, don't think I'd ever become a surgeon now though.

Wouldn't count out joining the RAF once I've qualified though.

Sterling Archer

<_<

Bit harsh.

Everything posted on this board, some even by yourself and you think THAT is a bit harsh. :D

Everything posted on this board, some even by yourself and you think THAT is a bit harsh. :D

Actually I thought it was pretty good, a wee bit too close to the truth though. :rolleyes:

Was a joke.

Anyway, right now I'm looking at going into Civil Engineering. Maybe moving into Military/Combat Engineering.

That's the plan anyway. :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Was a joke.

Anyway, right now I'm looking at going into Civil Engineering. Maybe moving into Military/Combat Engineering.

That's the plan anyway. :thumbsup:

Do you get to design tanks? That's awesome

Do you get to design tanks? That's awesome

:verymad:

No, that would be ******* cool though.

It's ordinance and defence deployment, minefields, mobile bridge and sandbags. That sort of stuff. :thumbsup:

Ever since I was a wee boy I wanted to work in the world of Human Resources.

Now Im living the dream and a full member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.

ninja.gifDREAM BIG!

Luke Skywalker, and I've yet to achieve my dream although I did used to have a lightsabre, until an unfortunate incident involving a vase and a table lamp.

blondejamtart

Is that the same as an elevator operator. :)

Yes, as a job, it's got its ups and downs though...:D (well, someone had to say it!)

Train, architect, an accountant (i managed to get 0 out of 20 on a yes/no accounting test at school). I'm not living any of those dreams though, still waiting on that dare to be great situation. I want to make something of my life though.

Is that the same as an elevator operator. :)

Too much of an up and down career for me.

Yup. Brent Cross shopping centre when I was six. I got in the lift with my Mum, and the guy in there just pushed the button closing the door, and took us to the floor we wanted. I thought it was the easiest job in the world; hence, I wanted it. :)

At various points, I also wanted to be a tube train driver, a meteorologist, a journalist, a defence barrister, and an academic. I'm now back to wanting to be a sportswriter again: I just wish I'd concluded this when I was 18, instead of considering it at the time and dismissing it.

Though you know what the best job in the world is? Legend has it that Harrods keep two people permanently in reserve for when a customer comes into the store and complains. These people - a man and a woman - sit out of sight doing whatever they want all day (in the summer, drinking and smoking fags on the roof), and are ushered in to be given a fake dressing down when a customer demands action. When the customer's gone, these employees go straight back to what they were doing again. If by any chance this is true, I think it's brilliant.

Commander Harris

I wanted to be... a lumberjack!?

Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The Fir! The Larch! The Redwood! The mighty Scots Pine!?

The plucky little Aspen! The great limping rude tree of Nigeria!?

The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees!?

With my best gal by my side, we'd sing, SING...

Egg salesman because they drove cars with a red lion on the doors. Thought it looked really cool. I was 10.

A Binman.

SAME! :o

I used to get all excited when the 'bucky-man' came round with his lorry.

Also wanted to be a pilot.

Loved books from a very early age (yeah, yeah, no friends) and had a vague notion I might become an author. Discovered to my disappointment that successful authors are not, after all, the people who sit around dreaming, drinking and listening to hippy music but are strange creatures prone to getting off their butts, doing some research and putting things down on paper.

Life's a bitch.

aitcheeayartees

I wanted to be the guy who drew Oor wullie and the broons. Dudley D Watkins did it brilliantly and i was gutted when he pegged it and that Ken Harrison bloke took over! Why did they no ask me? i was better than him! even the story lines were gash.........wasnt meant to be i suppose. Harrison ya pr!ck! :verymad:

I wanted to be a pilot in the RAF. The RAF wasn't interested and I got shoved into the army instead. :angry:

So I became a pilot on my own.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I wanted to be a long distance lorry driver cos i thought it would be really cool to sleep in your bed in the back of the cab.

Then i wanted to be a helicopter pilot in the Navy but bad eyesight put paid to that. So i then wanted to be a Doctor, but a bad chemistry o grade put paid to that, so i decided i wanted to be a lawyer - so i did the degree and decided it was boring. I love my job now though so it all worked out in the end.

In addition at times i've wanted to be a farmer, to work at Blair Drummond safari park feeding the sea lions and to be a dolphin trainer - as well as obviously saving a penalty in the last minute of the world cup final to make sure that Scotland won and also being the 'next Henry Smith' but better.

Loved books from a very early age (yeah, yeah, no friends) and had a vague notion I might become an author. Discovered to my disappointment that successful authors are not, after all, the people who sit around dreaming, drinking and listening to hippy music but are strange creatures prone to getting off their butts, doing some research and putting things down on paper.

Life's a bitch.

I think you could still be a writer if you wanted to be. I'm absolutely serious in that. You're the most lyrical writer on here by a mile.

I think you could still be a writer if you wanted to be. I'm absolutely serious in that. You're the most lyrical writer on here by a mile.

Excuse me, have you read your signature? uh huh. wink.gif

Archived