Top 3 coolest Hearts strips you've ever owned.

curriejambo

For me:

1. Long sleeved maroon 97/98 top

2. Dark maroon collared home top in 86/87 season - classic!

3. Yellow & black 3rd strip from 96/97. Only worn once that I can remember in a beating at Raith but I loved that top. Fully aware no-one else is gonna share my fondness for it though!

For me:

1. Long sleeved maroon 97/98 top

2. Dark maroon collared home top in 86/87 season - classic!

3. Yellow & black 3rd strip from 96/97. Only worn once that I can remember in a beating at Raith but I loved that top. Fully aware no-one else is gonna share my fondness for it though!

I would rate the yellow and black strip from 1996 as nothing short of hideous.

Did they not also wear it away to Red Star Belgrade?

I'm a bit too young for the 1st one but the candy stipe was a classic. Really should be recycling some of these away tops cos our recent all white efforts are just dull!

I didn't own it but I love the 77-82 home strip and the away counterpart. Plus my old favourite, the silvery grey away shirt of 1983-86.

Mentions also to the Pony away shirt of 95/96 which was light blue and white bars.

And the Coca Cola Cup Final/'Red Star Belgrade at home' strip

I also like this season's home shirt.

That's about six, sorry.

Great top, so good mine got pinched when I was on holiday that year......or maybe I lost it drunk! Either way I reckon the continentals loved it :)

I'm a bit too young for the 1st one but the candy stipe was a classic. Really should be recycling some of these away tops cos our recent all white efforts are just dull!

Still got mine somewhere, god knows where about though, but I never threw it out :D

did we not have another all yellow strip as well around the same time, I can't remember what game it was?

did we not have another all yellow strip as well around the same time, I can't remember what game it was?

I remember that .... versus Dundee at Dens i think!

1. The Pony light blue away top for 95 ish was cool.

2. Home top 99 ish with the diagonal white stripes.

3. Any white away top.

1981 Home top cant remember who made it.

1996 Yellow & Black Number

& i cant remember the year but the Inter blue & Black striped away top.

I remember that .... versus Dundee at Dens i think!

That's right, we wore it twice at Dens Park in season 1993/94.

It wasn't yellow though. It was 'lemon'.

Gary Locke looked visibly embarrassed about wearing it.

I love the tartan top, still wear it every so often. The Ajax style top is my fav, wish we would bring out a home version of this

Definately my number one,

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

then the Candy Stripe Away we wore in Munich and the home top from 97/98 season, :D

I'd go with your first choices mate but I'd have to go with 86/87 home for my final pick.

1. 97/8 White away Cup-winning top.

2. approx. 00/01 white, round-collarded Errea away top.

3. 95/6 Two-tone maroon stripe, Pony home top.

more recently I like the ajax style away kit with the navy stripe.

and the away one from a few seasons ago with the stripes down it.

88-89 or 87-88 Bukta away strip can't remember what season it was now but it was the Candy striped one.

It was also the last strip I bought as I lost interest in buying football tops after I left school.

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

:D

and the one with the Hearts badge in the middle of the chest, Reebok I think,

I liked the inter milan one. The best hearts top for me was the "neil mccann - league cup final" top. Superb. Better than even the drew busby top, bought in an umbro box with the shorts and socks included from thompsons on junction st.

That's right, we wore it twice at Dens Park in season 1993/94.

It wasn't yellow though. It was 'lemon'.

Gary Locke looked visibly embarrassed about wearing it.

I remember it being more "Gold" than lemon ?? but the old memory cells aint what they once were. :frustrated:

The Pony (league cup final) strip, the one in the Buzzbomb photo above and the Argentina 95-96 away strip were my faves.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Inter one was my favourite ever strip. An absolute classic. I'm sure somebody on here said it was the all time best selling strip?

I'd pay very good money to get my hands on one (gutted I chucked it out because I keep most Hearts tops, think the Strongbow letters peeled off). Anyone know where to get one?

I remember it being more "Gold" than lemon ?? but the old memory cells aint what they once were. :frustrated:

The Pony (league cup final) strip, the one in the Buzzbomb photo above and the Argentina 95-96 away strip were my faves.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/h/heart-of-midlothian/old-heart-of-midlothian-football-shirt-s12102.html

Here it is in all it's 'glory'. I had it but don't know whatever happened to mine.

It was the club that called it 'lemon', and it really was a very bright, light yellow colour.

I was at both those games. The first was a dire 0-0; the second was 2-0 to Hearts midweek, with MoJo getting both goals.

97-98 Away Scottish Cup winning top

05-06 Home Scottish Cup winning top

09-10 League Cup winning (oops)

11-12 CL winning op.

winston churchill

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

then the Candy Stripe Away we wore in Munich and the home top from 97/98 season, :D

that's the business.

When I was a very young kid I managed to get a real candy stripe strip from a mate whose Dad was a bookie...and who obviously knew some players.

Number 8 if I remember correctly

It was miles too big for me, but I used to wear it anyway!

Always been my favourite

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/h/heart-of-midlothian/old-heart-of-midlothian-football-shirt-s12102.html

Here it is in all it's 'glory'. I had it but don't know whatever happened to mine.

CCP

Wasnt talking about that hideous effort (worst HMFC strip of all time in my opinion), but the shortlived all 'yellow' one Buffalo Bill is thinking of .

I was at the Dundee 0-0 game when we wore it the first time

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

Thats the one...no other matches it!

Memories are made of this photo!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Incidentally, can get this seasons long home sleeved top for ?14 out the shop. Can get the away top for a tenner as well.

I'll be investing in one for fives at that price.

I bought this hideous number, and had it immortalised in print in a photo of my Dad and me holding the Scottish Cup.

To this day, for the life of me I can't think why I would have wanted to tarnish such great memories with such a disgusting strip!

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

this is the best ever Hearts top,then the away one then 70's Ajax. FTH

Some of you probably dont like collars on the shirt, I do.

The best looking Hearts shirt ever IMO was the 2000/2001 (I think)

I can find a picture of it. It was a darker maroon with lightly embossed Heart of Midlothian all over it, and the white and sky blue stripes angled at the bottom.

I'm sure it was the first Reebok shirt we used back then.

1. The Red Star/Coca Cola Cup Final shirt - I was fortunate enough to own one

2. Away kit from 97/98 (with McCann 7 on it)

3. 2002/04 Reebok kit - I really liked it

Miller Jambo 60

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

Everyone, got about 8

In order: 1. Ajax one, a belter, 2. Candy stripes 3. The silver away one, still hate that Bar steward of a tumble dryer that ate mine, Hobo white goods, what next?

Dundee away?

CCP

Wasnt talking about that hideous effort (worst HMFC strip of all time in my opinion), but the shortlived all 'yellow' one Buffalo Bill is thinking of .

I was at the Dundee 0-0 game when we wore it the first time

Apologies didn't read the thread properly, that and the fact I can't believe we've had two yellow strips!?!?!?!:24_shocked:

Dundee away?

No mate, that was the 'lemon' one from 93/94.

I'm talking about 96/97.

I'm sure we wore the yeallow and black one in Belgrade.

The People's Chimp

0,,10289~5384035,00.jpg

I bought one of them, an original, in the packaging, from ebay. Sadly it was a Large boys size and so I gave it to my (now) ex-bird. She still wears it on occasion.

Victor Meldrew

1985-86 home shirt - first one I owned

1987-88 Bukta effort with a large wite and maroon v-neck - proper dark maroon

Inter Milan effort - best away shirt we've had

Archived