U19s v Celtic 06/02/10 (Chances of being on?)

robbo27

I see they are supposed to be playing on Saturday morning - what are the chances of this game being on? How much snow is lying around Riccarton?

Footballfirst

Last week, the pitch was frozen and for the previous game the pitch was playable but the surrounds were deemed unsafe (too muddy ??). I'd guess that the pitch will be playable on Saturday, assuming the overnight frosts don't return, but I don't know how the surrounds will fare.

Don't the unde 19's play at forthbank in stirling. If it is on then good luck to them.

you should get yourself up to riccarton on a saturday morning my son,always get a good game,(the reserves used to play at forthbank):balmoral:

Mikey Gardiner
you should get yourself up to riccarton on a saturday morning my son,always get a good game,(the reserves used to play at forthbank):balmoral:

alright i might just do that and cheers couldn't remeber which team played where i knew that one of them played at riccarton but i always thought the u19's played at forthbank. Anyway now i know.:content:

jamboinglasgow

really do hope it is on this week. Last week I decided to be fit and cycle to riccarton (7 mile cycle to it) and was late so really gunning it down the canal in jeans and a heavy jacket. Arrived to find the pitch deserted, after taking ages for my stupid phone to get onto the internet, find out that all bar 1 of the U19 fixtures had to be cancelled. Cycled home slowly. Next time, I am taking the car.

Wonder if it is on will JJ be there?

jamboinglasgow

gutted.

I do agree with something Csaba said though, we need under-soil heating under at least the main pitch.

Mikey Gardiner
gutted.

I do agree with something Csaba said though, we need under-soil heating under at least the main pitch.

Yeah that would be good as i would like to go and watch the U19's play as i think it they have a lot of talent. The only reason i cant get along to watch is because the games are mostly always called off.

According to the offical site the 17s are paying Rangers on Sun 12 pm KO , may take a trip along , guess it will be on the astro then

Footballfirst
u19's can't play on astro ,well not other u19 clubs
I remember them playing on the astro pitch the season before last v St Mirren. Gowser scored one of the goals that day.

Footballfirst
According to the offical site the 17s are paying Rangers on Sun 12 pm KO , may take a trip along , guess it will be on the astro then
I may well go along too. It must be a re-arranged game as the U17s are in the middle of their Winter closedown. They are not sceduled to restart until 6th March.

Archived