Good 1st Half, Slack 2nd, 3-0 a fair result

boabyarsebiscuit

HI mate, but I have to agree with you.

I was at the game last night and lets just say Pee Pee:wacko:

1-0 half time fair enough.

Second half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joke.

I just think the sheep wanted the win more than we did.

mind you .... the tactics from CL were pish poor. ( again ).

We were just lacking a break of the ball in the first half. I couldn't really complain with the effort at all.

But in the second half it was men against boys.

Aberdeen were more powerful. I hate to say it, but we had too many guys at five foot six playing against their six foot two XI, and it showed. Aberdeen also had better ideas than us (such as the goalie to forward tactic that worked a treat), and they knocked it about better, and they broke away better. I have to hold my hands up say it was classy display from them.

In the end, 3-0 wasn't harsh on us.

Guest Dipped Flake

I thought we were pretty good in the 1st half and loads of attacking play. Their second goal knocked the stuffing out of us and they went on to play some really good football and we could have ended up getting beat by more then the 3. The diddy cup is looking less diddy now. Maybe if was can beat the 2 saints in the next 5 days we can kickstart the rest of the season but, given all the injuries we have (assuming at least a couple from last night won't make these games) I just can't see us doing it.

My take on the game last night.

Mind you, I was at Stamford Bridge.

I think you are all missing boaby's clever point which is that whilst you were all suffering at Tynecastle, he was at Stamford Bridge watching the Celtic of London bore us all to tears with another routine 3-0 win, a result which he felt, not unreasonably, was a fair one.

So its yet another "I'm a cool Chelsea fan" thread really. Sorry to disappoint

;);)

GC

Good in fist half but with wallace going off we lost the anything creative going forward. I just hope lee wallaces injury puts the end to celtics interest. Last night shows what we'll be missing when Lee & Jose leave.

I think you are all missing boaby's clever point which is that whilst you were all suffering at Tynecastle, he was at Stamford Bridge watching the Celtic of London bore us all to tears with another routine 3-0 win, a result which he felt, not unreasonably, was a fair one.

So its yet another "I'm a cool Chelsea fan" thread really. Sorry to disappoint

;);)

GC

Either way, Boaby provided me with a platform to pen my angst, and for that, I am grateful. :)

Aberdeen were more powerful. I hate to say it, but we had too many guys at five foot six playing against their six foot two XI, and it showed. Aberdeen also had better ideas than us (such as the goalie to forward tactic that worked a treat), and they knocked it about better, and they broke away better. I have to hold my hands up say it was classy display from them.

In the end, 3-0 wasn't harsh on us.

Being short is no excuse

I'm 6 foot three and I've always been rubbish at football

Being short is no excuse

I'm 6 foot three and I've always been rubbish at football

True, but if somebody lobbed a steak pie up in the air in Diggers, I reckon you'd have more chance of snatching it than Ian Black.

I'm a rubbish swimmer but I could batter Duncan Goodhew in the David Llyod jacuzzi.

Tokyo Drifter

I nearly went to the Bridge myself. Was in London for work, staying at my brother's, very near the ground - mind you ?43 for a restricted view ticket put me off. Heard the noise when Chelsea scored though. Kept having to mute Midsummer Murders to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

I've only seen the highlights meself but, Kello looked at fault for all 3 goals to me. I've pretty much writtten this season off. Even if we win the wee cup we will still not really be any better off. I never thought I would say it but I think we need a new manager or Csabs needs a road to Damascus conversion to attacking play.

Great result for Chelsea FC last night Boaby. According to the press and media their football was a joy to watch. Wish I had been at the Bridge rather than suffer the 35 minutes of incompetence I endured at Tynecastle.

Blue is the colour.....:biggrin:

Archived