Tonight's Milan Derby

this_is_my_story

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeezo, Milan are a mess.

I love Leonardo as a TV pundit but he just isn't good enough as a manager. Why he started so lightweight up front is a mystery, and more to the point why did he persist with it so long when it clearly wasn't working.

I genuinely think Beckham is finished as a top flight player. Indeed if he goes to the world cup it will be more of a commercial PA device than a player. And I don't think Capello will want that.

What amazes me, and always has, is what a tiny part of a pitch Beckham actually plays on. Basically a strip from the halfway line to the corner of the box. Not even a full quarter of the pitch. He is essentially a player for dead ball situations and crosses if he can get enough space from the full back, just don't expect him to beat the full back.

Absolutely - that's exactly it. Much more so after his metatarsal injury than before; but even when he was made England captain, I didn't want him in the team. You're just not going to beat the best sides by knocking high balls in from the wing and offering nothing else.

What was Mr. Lawson saying about "indomitable spirit"? :rubeyes:

Well - probably 90% of top flight sport or more is won in the mind, not with the heart. Mourinho's teams have the most incredible mental strength, which seems to come direct from the manager. It's hard to conceive exactly how the greatest managers are able to exert such authority on a game, but he always does; and Inter made the task of playing with ten and even nine look amazingly easy.

Jose will ridicule the officiating in what he says afterwards - but what he never does is let it become an excuse during a game. He and his players react immediately. There's never been a coach like him.

Inter looked a fair bit ahead of Milan tonight. Milito and Pandev were brilliant and Sneijder was at the heart of everything until his red.

When it comes to the CL i`m not sure where bothstand? I think Milan will need to go some to beat Man U and Inter will give Chelsea a test but i`d still fancy Chelsea,

Finish 2-0?

Yeah mate, Maicon missed a good chance late on to get 3-0 and he should have squared it to Balotelli for a tap in.

Yeah mate, Maicon missed a good chance late on to get 3-0 and he should have squared it to Balotelli for a tap in.

Kicked the post in frustration after his miss,we get players sent of for that,should think himself lucky.

Referee Rocchi set his stall out tonight with his failure to book Ronaldinho for a shocking foul on Maicon in the 1st minute.

His performance was worse than even the biggest conspirac theorists could have expected.

The atmosphere in the ground was electric with some serious fighting in the expensive seats as the police and stewards fought back irate interisti trying to get close to Rocchi's paymaster, Berlusconi's henchman "Uncle Fester Galliani".

Mourinho was in excellent form with his post match quotes.

"I go home tonight with a strange taste in my mouth. The refereeing confirmed that they don't want us to kill off the championship race. However, we are superior and we will win it. The only way we could have lost tonight is if we had been reduced to six men. Even down to seven we'd still have won".

Undoubtedly, one of the better derbies I've been at. More satisfying in a way than the 5-0 thrashing that could have materialised eleven against eleven.

Referee Rocchi set his stall out tonight with his failure to book Ronaldinho for a shocking foul on Maicon in the 1st minute.

His performance was worse than even the biggest conspirac theorists could have expected.

The atmosphere in the ground was electric with some serious fighting in the expensive seats as the police and stewards fought back irate interisti trying to get close to Rocchi's paymaster, Berlusconi's henchman "Uncle Fester Galliani".

"I go home tonight with a strange taste in my mouth. The refereeing confirmed that they don't want us to kill off the championship race. However, we are superior and we will win it. The only way we could have lost tonight is if we had been reduced to six men. Even down to seven we'd still have won".

Undoubtedly, one of the better derbies I've been at. More satisfying in a way than the 5-0 thrashing that could have materialised eleven against eleven.

:rofl:

The scary thing is - he's right! Indeed, if you look at everything he comes out with, he's always just telling the truth as he sees it. He's able to say it because he's so ridiculously good.

By the way interista - I noticed people smoking inside the stadium. Has the smoking ban not happened in Italy then?

:rofl:

The scary thing is - he's right! Indeed, if you look at everything he comes out with, he's always just telling the truth as he sees it. He's able to say it because he's so ridiculously good.

By the way interista - I noticed people smoking inside the stadium. Has the smoking ban not happened in Italy then?

The smoking ban doesn't apply to outdoor sports stadia. Italy actually introduced a smoking ban in bars, restaurants, etc before Scotland did.

I think there are 200 non smoking seats at San Siro or something daft like that.

Lombardia Jambo

That was a FANTASTIC derby !!! We are against all and everything as usual ! One of the best derby ever for us........I envy Interista as I wasn't at the San Siro last nite......

That was a FANTASTIC derby !!! We are against all and everything as usual ! One of the best derby ever for us........I envy Interista as I wasn't at the San Siro last nite......

That's a shame Andy, did you see Marcone on TV when Mourinhou was asking the crowd for more support.

BERLU2_.jpg

Great victory last night! The ref was a joke. Having a corrupt ref can only go so far when your team are p1sh! Berlusconi, your team took one hell of a beating.

Glad you enjoyed and glad it was the right result in the end.

Was a bit gutted that we couldn't be there last night but with work etc it just wasn't possible this time. Hopefully we'll get to a derby one day, I think we're still looking into the possibility of coming across for another game but we'll have to work it out.

Cheers for the PM BTW

Lombardia Jambo
That's a shame Andy, did you see Marcone on TV when Mourinhou was asking the crowd for more support.

BERLU2_.jpg

Unfortunately not ! :-(

Probably, I was too busy jumping and screaming myself !!

How are you, Stuart, by the way ?

Unfortunately not ! :-(

Probably, I was too busy jumping and screaming myself !!

How are you, Stuart, by the way ?

22342_270470197211_608337211_3891620_364307_n.jpg

Well Andy, well.

Lombardia Jambo
22342_270470197211_608337211_3891620_364307_n.jpg

Well Andy, well.

Hahaha !! Marcone is always the best ! Just texted him.........he is still excited !

I am going to Scotland on Wednesday.....hope to see Hearts doing well !

Goldstone Wonder

Just in the door after a great weekend and a fantastiv night in the Brianza Alcoolica section of the Curva Nord. What a jump about when the goals went in! Old school. Looking forward to watching a re-run of the game on sky+ tonight!

Archived