Tonight's Milan Derby

this_is_my_story

The Old Tolbooth

Cant believe he was sent off for clapping the ref, must have said something also which questioned his parentage or something.

The ref reminds me of Scottish refs with a "look at me" attitude and is losing control very quickly! I love a good meaty derby match! :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref is a total ball-watcher. Looks totally out of his depth. That penalty would have been given against a lesser side.

Edit: maybe not, didn't know anything about it on the replay.

It was a yellow card offence at most. Commentators reckon there must have been some verbals as well.

It's just the ref trying to save face after getting in the way and breaking up play a number of times.

this_is_my_story
betfair?

Aye, me too mate. Unfortunately there isnae a full screen option though.

Decent quality stream though, at least.

The players are throwing themselves down every time someone gets near them now. I know Italian football is bad for diving but surely this is a bit extreme? :wacko:

It's just the ref trying to save face after getting in the way and breaking up play a number of times.

Well that didn't go as well as he might have hoped, did it? :biggrin:

I'dprefer Italian commentary that I don't even understand to this.

Long pauses of nothing-ness and rarely any sense of excitement in their voices even when folk are one-on-one. Sounds stupid but it slightly annoys me.

I love listening to games with foreign commentary. I can normally understand a fair bit of it too, and delude myself it's like learning a new language or something.

The commentator I've got on Betfair (I don't have a telly) is pretty annoying. Quite dull, and insists on pronouncing every name with an emphasis which doesn't quite work somehow.

.... insists on pronouncing every name with an emphasis which doesn't quite work somehow.

Shhhhhahowen Laowsunnnnnn!

You mean like that? :ninja::biggrin:

this_is_my_story
I love listening to games with foreign commentary. I can normally understand a fair bit of it too, and delude myself it's like learning a new language or something.

The commentator I've got on Betfair (I don't have a telly) is pretty annoying. Quite dull, and insists on pronouncing every name with an emphasis which doesn't quite work somehow.

Was going to say the same. Makes him sound like a proper tool!

The sending off has cramped Inter's style a bit, but even with a man less they still look the better team IMO. :rubeyes:

I agree - but in these situations, Mourinho excels like no other coach. I know West Ham are no Milan, but I remember Chelsea being a goal down and reduced to ten men against them under Jose. They won 4-1.

He hasn't lost a domestic home game since 2002 (!). That record must come under threat tonight, surely?

Ah, and according to Einstein's equation F+AL = POR+RC

IIRC.

:ninja:

Surely that equation is actually V+AFANCULO = RC? :biggrin:

I agree - but in these situations, Mourinho excels like no other coach. I know West Ham are no Milan, but I remember Chelsea being a goal down and reduced to ten men against them under Jose. They won 4-1.

He hasn't lost a domestic home game since 2002 (!). That record must come under threat tonight, surely?

Holy cow! That's some home advantage.

Off topic, but maybe lead to some halftime chat. I heard shaun "ummm" lawson on 606 last night, some nice things to say about Leeds shaun. :biggrin:

One bad thing through. You didn't tell Green he was an arrogant waste of space not to mention money and tell him to MODEDIT to stop his pro-Liverpool pish getting on the airwaves.

Off topic, but maybe lead to some halftime chat. I heard shaun "ummm" lawson on 606 last night, some nice things to say about Leeds shaun. :biggrin:

One bad thing through. You didn't tell Green he was an arrogant waste of space not to mention money and tell him to MODEDIT to stop his pro-Liverpool pish getting on the airwaves.

anyone post a link from the iplayer with the minutes he was on?

anyone post a link from the iplayer with the minutes he was on?

You'll have to be less specific. :biggrin:

EDIT: It's around 30mins in, I was listening earlier and picked it up.

One bad thing through. You didn't tell Green he was an arrogant waste of space not to mention money and tell him MODEDIT to stop his pro-Liverpool pish getting on the airwaves.

That's because I'm a coward. And more seriously, wouldn't want to be barred from ever calling again: these phone-ins are important to me!

I was going at 200mph, but wanted to defend the honour of the FA Cup, and hope I made my point. And incidentally, before anyone whines: I'm a Norwich fan on English phone-ins, and a Hearts fan on Scottish phone-ins. Anything else would lead to an English presenter saying "you're English, and you're a Hearts fan - eh?"; him not relating to what I was saying anyway (because there's so little knowledge of the SPL down here); and given I've always been a Norwich fan on English shows and call in alarmingly often, one of them would be bound to ask "you're a Hearts fan? I thought you were a Norwich fan?" eventually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00q93c9/606_23_01_2010/

32:30 onwards.

Dida's awful. :rubeyes:

I thought they'd surely have realised that after his ****** up v Leeds about 10 years ago, yet he's still there...****ing up every week...

Dida's awful. :rubeyes:

I thought they'd surely have realised that after his ****** up v Leeds about 10 years ago, yet he's still there...****ing up every week...

Free kicks like that can beat almost any keeper. In a split second, if they get their balance slightly wrong, it's past them and they're left rooted. It's the whole Milan team which needs to ask itself why Inter have remained so strong while down to ten men; and Inter themselves will not be denied. Mourinho gives every team he manages an indomitable spirit and almost perfect organisation.

He needs to bring Huntelaar on. Leonardo has been outwitted here.

And at the very highest level, I still think Beckham makes sides too predictable and easy to defend against. If Milan were that good, I honestly don't think they'd be picking him.

And at the very highest level, I still think Beckham makes sides too predictable and easy to defend against. If Milan were that good, I honestly don't think they'd be picking him.

He's contributed nothing at all.

I genuinely think Beckham is finished as a top flight player. Indeed if he goes to the world cup it will be more of a commercial PA device than a player. And I don't think Capello will want that.

What amazes me, and always has, is what a tiny part of a pitch Beckham actually plays on. Basically a strip from the halfway line to the corner of the box. Not even a full quarter of the pitch. He is essentially a player for dead ball situations and crosses if he can get enough space from the full back, just don't expect him to beat the full back.

Archived