Tony Mowbray..

Martin_T

Seems to be making a complete pigs ear of it at Celtic doesn't he? There doesn't appear to be any co-herent signing policy and their team seems to be heading towards being a mish mash of random foreign players (Reminiscent of Hearts circa 2007). The players who actually provided them with a bit of dig, the likes of Robson, Caldwell and Hartley have been shipped out and the likes of McManus and Mcdonald are also being forced out.

Celtic may have all the money in Scottish football, but the longer Mowbray is in charge, the closer they'll come back to the other teams. Long may it continue

Better call Saul

Serves the **** right

Giving it

he is the man , he will take us places !!!!!! he is celtic through and through

MUPPETS

Just for the record I hate eveything green and white

Serves the **** right

Giving it

he is the man , he will take us places !!!!!! he is celtic through and through

MUPPETS

Just for the record I hate eveything green and white

I don't mind the white bit... just the green I hate..... won't even eat green sweeties !... how bad is that ?

Magic innit? Just wish we had started the season better.:527:

Aye and the little team are making a mockery of their "challenge". Sums them up really, this was definately a season for one of the also rans to have a real go at the Uglies and Hibs being closest seem to be bottling at the prospect.

At the start of the season I told my sellick loving chums that ''Monkeyheid'' flopped at Hibs , flopped at West Brom and would no doubt flop at ra sellick cue much laughing and pointing , they are not laughing now:biggrin::biggrin:

jamboinglasgow
Seems to be making a complete pigs ear of it at Celtic doesn't he? There doesn't appear to be any co-herent signing policy and their team seems to be heading towards being a mish mash of random foreign players (Reminiscent of Hearts circa 2007). The players who actually provided them with a bit of dig, the likes of Robson, Caldwell and Hartley have been shipped out and the likes of McManus and Mcdonald are also being forced out.

Celtic may have all the money in Scottish football, but the longer Mowbray is in charge, the closer they'll come back to the other teams. Long may it continue

something I have always found curious about Celtic is their signings. They have an odd ability of doing really well with signings which cost ?1.5m or less, ones above that never live up to their ability. For example, Henrik Larsson bought for a few hundred k, best signing they have ever made, Robson the hard working grafter they needed and he cost about a million Jan Venegoor cost ?4m and never really lived up to what they expected. Fortune cost about ?3.8m but has not shown that worth yet.

Hope they give the **** a 10 year contract. Nothing I'd like better than to see that shower of welts ground into the gutter. lets see how the "best supporters in the world" like that.

portobellojambo1

Slightly off topic, but I picked up on this thread when seeing Tony Mowbray's name.

Heard a little story/joke on Saturday night which made me chuckle.

After Saturday's game Tony Mowbray was in the Celtic Hospitality Suite.

A few of those present suggested to him that he should pop out to the local chapel and speak to the priest.

When he asked why they responded that the priest would be able to tell him how to feck the Bairns properly.

jambojackbilly

They hounded out the alleged pocket dipper yet he done arguably wonders after losing the big earners

They brought in the Myth and are no better than average

Good enough for the hooped filth i say

Charlie-Brown

It might be co-incedence but I never saw Mowbray or now Strachan show much interest in the Chinese, Korean or Japanese market whilst managers of any of their other clubs but somehow Nakamura, Mizuno, Du Wei, Zheng Zi and Ki Sung Yong appear on the team sheets ..... not that the club owners would be making player signing decisions of course.

jamboinglasgow
It might be co-incedence but I never saw Mowbray or now Strachan show much interest in the Chinese, Korean or Japanese market whilst managers of any of their other clubs but somehow Nakamura, Mizuno, Du Wei, Zheng Zi and Ki Sung Yong appear on the team sheets ..... not that the club owners would be making player signing decisions of course.

all these far east signings are purely marketing ploys. I was reading an article about this and all the big clubs are falling over themselves to try and make as much money from the far east. However they are expecting loyal fans from the far east without doing much to back it up, i.e. they may have a tour there but the clubs dont really do much initiatives over there. I also think that it is a sneaky way of making yourself more wealthy then your rivals. I think the SPL should demand that any money made by Celtic out there should be split among the member teams of the league.

Archived