Wasps!!!

Jacko72

My missus just caught a huge wasp buzzing about the kitchen. I'm sh * t scared of the little feckers.

I thought they'd all be dead or hibernating at this time of year. How'd it survive the cold spell?

Should I give it it's freedom and let it take it's chance in the great outdoors where it can terrorise other innocent people.. OR .. Smoosh it with the Evening News??

The Old Tolbooth
My missus just caught a huge wasp buzzing about the kitchen. I'm sh * t scared of the little feckers.

I thought they'd all be dead or hibernating at this time of year. How'd it survive the cold spell?

Should I give it it's freedom and let it take it's chance in the great outdoors where it can terrorise other innocent people.. OR .. Smoosh it with the Evening News??

Let it out in the cold mate, make the little ******* suffer!!!!!

chester copperpot
Let it out in the cold mate, make the little ******* suffer!!!!!

I opened this thinking you were going to post THAT picture again.

maroonlegions

Speaking as one who in a SAS:ninja: daring raid on a wasps nest that was in my attic armed with a BBQ wasp nest killer substancices i think the wasp you found might be a QUEEN.:rubeyes:

All worker wasps die out during the winter; the only wasps that survive are the queen wasps. Queen wasps hibernate during the winter inside the old nest or construct a small ?golf ball? sized hibernation cell.

about_wasps_image.jpg

queen wasp.

There are 2 sets of wasps to found in the UK they are the common wasp and the German wasp. Both species are almost identical to look at.Take it out and or it will breed mate, show it no mercy and no quarter given.:ninja:

BoJack Horseman
look at it!!! it could just about eat a human whole.

you should be killed for posting that.

Vespa_mandarinia.jpg

maroonlegions

4174123642_564e1bd41f.jpg

I am ready if any queen wasp dared survive my SAS raid on the wasps nest in my attic,:biggrin:, Bring it on.:ninja:

I had one about this time last year flying about the house - until it met an untimely end.

When living in my parents' about 10 years ago I also had to kill one about the same time of year.

I guess ML was correct in saying it is likely to be a queen. One of them seemed to have grey and black stripes (IIRC), which seemed unusual.

maroonlegions
I had one about this time last year flying about the house - until it met an untimely end.

When living in my parents' about 10 years ago I also had to kill one about the same time of year.

I guess ML was correct in saying it is likely to be a queen. One of them seemed to have grey and black stripes (IIRC), which seemed unusual.

Aye, the queen of the nazi meshersmits.

There are two wasps found in the UK the common,(tommy), and the German wasp.

13312s3-bf-109f-2-450.jpg:Bazooka:

Radioactive Mince

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/6049302/Tourists-warned-as-Asian-hornets-terrorise-French.html

I watched a documentary about these beasts a year or so back. 30 of them can destroy a nest of 30,000 honey bees in no time at all. The footage was extraordinary and more than a little scary.

Something along the lines of this:

Mince

Miller Jambo 60

Thats a weird one mate, dont think they hibernate.

TBH i would get the wife to knit a wee jumper for it to keep it warm:biggrin:

Never heard of this before.

Maybe a super wasp:wacko:

Doug.

heartgarfunkel
i think the wasp you found might be a QUEEN.:rubeyes:

Take it out and or it will breed mate, show it no mercy and no quarter given.:ninja:

Yeah, kill the bitch, kill her NOW

Archived