We are all Bigots

Eck-

The meaning of Bigot according to Dictionary.com

--a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. That is most people on this site as far as I can see, and the biggest bigots seem to be the ones calling people bigots

Why can't we all live in peace and harmony.

We live in a democratic society, which means people are allowed to have an opinion and believe what they want even if it doesn't meet with everyones approval.

In days gone by the vast majority of Hearts fans sang bigotted sectarian songs - and most of them didn't give a **** what they meant.

they were sung as songs against the opposing team.

Nowadays you can hardly sing anything but it's classed as offensive.

Live and let live, so if someone has a flag that you dont like or sings a song that offends you, you may have many attributes that annoy him, an example being, I have witnessed an extremely Smelly person complaining about someones flag, now I think the smelly person is far more offensive than any flag

so why doesn't everyone wind their necks in and let people be who they are

If we were all perfect we would be on the cross (hope I haven't offended the non christians)

Footnote - I'm not on very often so don't expect a reply if you comment on this.:dribble:

:flag2::wacko:

--a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. That is most people on this site as far as I can see, and the biggest bigots seem to be the ones calling people bigots

We live in a democratic society, which means people are allowed to have an opinion and believe what they want even if it doesn't meet with everyones approval.

In days gone by the vast majority of Hearts fans sang bigotted sectarian songs - and most of them didn't give a **** what they meant.

Live and let live, so if someone has a flag that you dont like or sings a song that offends you, you may have many attributes that annoy him, an example being, I have witnessed an extremely Smelly person complaining about someones flag, now I think the smelly person is far more offensive than any flag

If we were all perfect we would be on the cross (hope I haven't offended the non christians)

Footnote - I'm not on very often so don't expect a reply if you comment on this.:dribble:

F*******ing liberals.

givememychoice

slightly bizarre post, but it comes down to freedom of speech.

We don't (and in my view probably advisably) have full freedom of speech. Incitement of violence is not a good thing, but in a completely free society that would be fine.

I would however also disagree slightly in your interpretation of the definition. Being opposed to sectarianism (sectarian acts are illegal in this country) is slightly different to being completely intolerant.

I, for example, am opposed to sectarianism, but, only after reasoned argument. If you could provide a compelling argument for why it is a good thing, i would change my mind.

I do however suspect you are on the wind up, given the late hour and low number of posts (and admitting you wont reply)

Its lucky you wont be on to reply cos I think you will have a lot.

Letting people be who they are and fredom of opinion etc is all very well but when they infringe certain social boundaries then they are not acceptable. For instance racism, in your ideal world would be fine as people are entitled to their opinion.

Anyone who ends their posting with "don't expect a reply" has their head clean up their own hole.

.....betcha he's a wee feenyin

JOKE!!!

southside1874

Nothing wrong with flags. Its the folk that presume that someone carrying a certain flag must be a certain type of person. pigeon holing:biggrin:

I hate almost everything and everyone do i get my own special name?

I couldn't care if you are a Muslim, Catholic, Proddy, Jew, Black, White, Chinese, Romanian, American, Gay, Straight, Woman or man - I totally hate them all

I hate almost everything and everyone do i get my own special name?

I couldn't care if you are a Muslim, Catholic, Proddy, Jew, Black, White, Chinese, Romanian, American, Gay, Straight, Woman or man - I totally hate them all

Alright Mr Angry, calm down. Have a sauna, it works a treat!

Sterling Archer

I don't think alot of the people on here had a problem with people being Orangemen or anything else, it was their need to bring these beliefs to the football.

As these people are all believers in Christianity perhaps they could sing hymns?

I understand the whole right to free speech idea but what does religion have to do with football.

I P Knightley

Eck.

I say you're a dreamer.

And (I suspect) I'm not the only one.

Maybe one day folk will join you.

And the world would live as one.

:rose:

Miller Jambo 60
This must be a total wind up.

Does that mean i can take my dish towel to the game on sat without fear of a coffee splash:biggrin:

Miller Jambo 60
The OP is right.

People who stink of B.O should be shot in the street.

True , the cost of a bar of soap FFS.

I sit next to a big fat guy at Tynecastle, takes up half my seat as well as his own. I often tell him he's a fat person, guess I am intollerant - does it make me a bigot?

Nice one Eck-. Do you have another username called -auskas if this one gets suspended as well? :biggrin:

I sit next to a big fat guy at Tynecastle, takes up half my seat as well as his own. I often tell him he's a fat person, guess I am intollerant - does it make me a bigot?

If I was you I would sit elsewhere, :biggrin:

Nice one Eck-. Do you have another username called -auskas if this one gets suspended as well? :biggrin:

No - I have been a member a long time and have always had the same user name - when the server changed in 2006 someone took my name, hence the - at the end of it. I am more a Voyeur and don't feel the need to get involved in most postings - I've had a few debates in the past with acey, paddy capri and even Lawrence Broadie back in the day.

I am also very good friends with the Fat Guy that H2 has referred to

No - I have been a member a long time and have always had the same user name - when the server changed in 2006 someone took my name, hence the - at the end of it. I am more a Voyeur and don't feel the need to get involved in most postings - I've had a few debates in the past with acey, paddy capri and even Lawrence Broadie back in the day.

I am also very good friends with the Fat Guy that H2 has referred to

Could you give the fat guy a message? Stop eating beans !:527:

The key word there is "utterly"

Also even dictionary.com quotes another meaning "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ." which would seem to be the more pertinent one in any discussion that involves sectarianism.

Archived