Where is this?

jambogaz1968

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't want to say as i cheated! 

Cheated in what way? if you did a reverse image search or accessed the image metadata, naughty Dick! If you searched on a search engine using well-chosen keywords or noticed some identifiable text in one of the photos, good on you!

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Cheated in what way? if you did a reverse image search or accessed the image metadata, naughty Dick! If you searched on a search engine using well-chosen keywords or noticed some identifiable text in one of the photos, good on you!

I changed the image and then took a screenshot thinking that might stop that, obviously not☹️

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I changed the image and then took a screenshot thinking that might stop that, obviously not☹️

To be fair, i didn't try and claim i knew it! 😂 😂 

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

To be fair, i didn't try and claim i knew it! 😂 😂 

Hope you had a wee go first

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Hope you had a wee go first

I had a look, didn't have a clue so used google lens. There is no satisfaction in trying to pretend i knew, so i just tried to give a little clue! 

12 hours ago, John Findlay said:

HMS Victory longest commissioned warship anywhere in the world.

I, very fortunately, got a personal guided tour of HMS Victory a few years back.

Fantastic. Not to be missed ... not only Nelson's flagship but the current flagship of the 1st Sea Lord.

In fact, the whole of that site is amazing.

The Mary Rose (Henry VIII's flagship) exhibit is awesome.

For anyone heading down that way; it's well worth a visit, but allow plenty of time.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I had a look, didn't have a clue so used google lens. There is no satisfaction in trying to pretend i knew, so i just tried to give a little clue! 

Your clues are shoite, they’ve still not got it😁

Footballfirst

I now know where it is having searched for it. 

It's not an easy one, but an obscure clue is that three Hearts youngsters were playing football there a couple of weeks ago.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I now know where it is having searched for it. 

It's not an easy one, but an obscure clue is that three Hearts youngsters were playing football there a couple of weeks ago.

Got to make them difficult@redjambois a beast at these

luckyBatistuta
29 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Portrush?

Nope

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I thought I'd made it crystal clear

🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another picture might help 

Ford stream crossing © dan m :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

Whit, my where is this has been hijacked, a new first for jkb

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Nope

🤣🤣🤣

Whit, my where is this has been hijacked, a new first for jkb

I'll delete it if you want 🤣

Doctor FinnBarr
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another picture might help 

Ford stream crossing © dan m :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

I know that yin well, as you drive from Wilsontown to Braehead/Carnwath and take a right it takes you into Forth.

Footballfirst
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Only joking pal🤣👍

The clues given aren't actually referring to the right answer, as the photos are of a separate town on the coast nearby.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I know that yin well, as you drive from Wilsontown to Braehead/Carnwath and take a right it takes you into Forth.

Correct, but it wasn't intended as a "where is this". It was meant as a clue to the answer for a previous photo. :whistling:😄

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The clues given aren't actually referring to the right answer, as the photos are of a separate town on the coast nearby.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Correct, but it wasn't intended as a "where is this". It was meant as a clue to the answer for a previous photo. :whistling:😄

I'm confused now, the ford is outside Forth but it has no nearby coast. Nearest coast is..........getting there now I think, Bo'Ness?

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Correct, think this guy was asked to go there 

1C0B3A73-FFB6-4DC1-97BC-C39DD807CA24.jpeg

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'm confused now, the ford is outside Forth but it has no nearby coast. Nearest coast is..........getting there now I think, Bo'Ness?

Nope😁

and you’re a long way off

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I think it's getting a bit late for me trying to be smart.  You have correctly identified the "ford" in the image.

However, I had only posted the photo of the ford as a clue to the answer to a previous photo of a coastal town. 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

I think it's getting a bit late for me trying to be smart.  You have correctly identified the "ford" in the image.

However, I had only posted the photo of the ford as a clue to the answer to a previous photo of a coastal town. 

My brain just died!

Footballfirst
Just now, H2 said:

My brain just died!

If you "say what you see" for the ford image then, along with DD's earlier cryptic clues, you might be able to identify the location of luckyBatistuta's earlier photo.

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Very close, but I would give you it as the clues were indeed leading you to that answer.

Well I was only working on the clues as I knew it wasn’t Waterford as that’s quite a big city. Oddly my fist thought in seeing the initial image was that the coastline looked like Caithness, which also a bit crystal clear.