What Was the First Word You Uttered?

CostaJambo

Reading about the darts on timesonline I clicked on a link about kids not speaking their first word until the age of three and felt duly obliged to share this gem of a paragraph with you all...

The vast majority (95 per cent) of parents remembered their child’s first word. The most common was “Dadda” (15 per cent), with 10 per cent saying “Mama” first. Besides parental names the top word was “cat”, followed by “car” and “no”. Some more unusual choices were “beer”, “gadget”, “hoover” and even “tits-up”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/article6974590.ece

this_is_my_story

:laugh: Beat me to it.

I'm told my first spoken word was 'moon'. Apparently I'd stare and point at it whenever I saw it, and my Dad would tell me what it was. Then I caught on and belted out 'moon' one night. Might help explain the lunatic in me....

:laugh: Beat me to it.

I'm told my first spoken word was 'moon'. Apparently I'd stare and point at it whenever I saw it, and my Dad would tell me what it was. Then I caught on and belted out 'moon' one night. Might help explain the lunatic in me....

6a00d8345239a669e20120a6393cbd970c-500wi

I have no idea what my first word was but I did have a (very slight) speech impediment which caused me, when talking about the Thomas the Tank Engine, to call the Fat Controller the ****in Roller.

Folks got a phone call from nursery.

Angus

Archived