McMac any difference .

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest Vanbasten1874

Would any of our two signing targets had made a difference to that game i have to say i would have liked to have seen Mclean and Smith as a front two as Nade barring the obvious attribute of holding the ball up and being a pest offers really little else in my eyes . When he gets the ball he never looks up to see whos available for the obvious pass and uses telepathy instead with the resulting passes going straight to everyone bar his fecking teammates . Smith was a pleasant suprise with his deft wee header in the build up to his well taken goal and increased involvement in the first team must surely be beckoning for him. With a more able partner up front with him i could see him being a sensation and to me Mclean fits the bill with his obvious eye for goal and being able to create something from nothing which is something we have lacked since Velickas departure .

Dr Ian Malcolm

Got his head up and picked out Ruben to cross to Smith = 1-0. One holding it up then getting the ball out wide, the other getting in the box and burying it. Pretty much what you want from your front two tbf.

Does anyone have any updates on the signings of the Macs or is it dead in the water

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Interesting question.

When you look at how the game went though I can't see what difference they would have made. Nade worked (quite) hard today, had a hand in setting up the goal and Smith scored with a superb finish. Job done.

I'd like to see at least one of them come in but today I don't think you can really blame the strikers for anything. Keep hearing about how good Stokes is yet he was anonymous bar his poorly defended goal.

Our lack of wide players was the reason we didn't win today.

Front 2 were fine.

While I agree with you regarding the two wide players - one other striker of a reasonable quality might well have turned one point into three for us today. Hibs were there for the taking.

While I agree with you regarding the two wide players - one other striker of a reasonable quality might well have turned one point into three for us today. Hibs were there for the taking.

Yes they were there for the taking but Nade and Smith done ok.

We had no width.Palazuelous is not a left midfielder/winger.Suso less said about him the better.

A fully fit Driver would have been the difference today.

Archived