Fire at old school in Broxburn

JP1874

Fire brigade have been in attendance since 1.30 & West Main Street is now closed - Barriers are up between the Canal Bridge & Station Road. Unsure if it will be clear by the morning as sounds quite sever.

UPDATE

Blyth Road to Station Road will be closed into the rush hour this morning. Local diversions are now in place

That was my old school :43:

As you looked at the front from the road, top left (if it is still there) was Miss Wilson's classroom, circa 1963-66.

Suppose she is long gone now.

I often wondered why the buildings were not put up for sale, as the land value on its own, and with the cost of the council/education finances being what they are I would have thought that the realisation of an unusable asset, would have been almost free money!

Brian Whittaker's Tache
I often wondered why the buildings were not put up for sale, as the land value on its own, and with the cost of the council/education finances being what they are I would have thought that the realisation of an unusable asset, would have been almost free money!

Damn shame about that old building.

I believe that there's a covenant on it that states that it can only be used as an educational building (it was gifted to Broxburn years ago according to my mates old man) It's listed as well

It's a real shame

Damn shame about that old building.

I believe that there's a covenant on it that states that it can only be used as an educational building (it was gifted to Broxburn years ago according to my mates old man) It's listed as well

It's a real shame

That would be a reasonable explanation for the lack of movement but it is, as you say, a shame.

I can still visualize hauling the milk crates, inevitably covered in muck or snow up the stairs for morning break, must have been some 45 or so years ago.....

same sort off old school in whitburn an its still fire free long may it continue

a jist think its a waste and eye sore council should have made money available

fur revampin these old schools into centers or dropins fur homeless folk,omo

Fire brigade have been in attendance since 1.30 & West Main Street is now closed - Barriers are up between the Canal Bridge & Station Road. Unsure if it will be clear by the morning as sounds quite sever.
Walked past it early on,demolition guy,s are there,the roof is totally

gone,a real shame.Some fecker wants the land alright.

Archived