Gig of the 00's?

Stoddyhmfc

As it says on the tin, What is every ones best gig of the last 10 years? Festival sets count.

Mine would have to be Radiohead @ Meadowbank in 2006. Blinding set with brilliant support.

Johanes de Silentio
As it says on the tin, What is every ones best gig of the last 10 years? Festival sets count.

Mine would have to be Radiohead @ Meadowbank in 2006. Blinding set with brilliant support.

This for me too! :santa1:

The Hearts Posse live at Hampden, April 2nd 2006. Awseome gig. :thumb:

Mind you the support act was ****e, and for some reason a lot of the crowd left early. :laugh:

My first ever gig was Foo Fighters at Corn Exchange in 2000.

My most recent gig was Them Crooked Vultures, also at Corn Exchange a couple of weeks ago. Nice way to round up the decade, with Dave Grohl featuring both times.

So my best gig ever is the question here. It's a tough question. That first Foos gig was special for me, Rage Againt The Machine at TITP 2008 was pandemonium, Metallica at Leeds 2003, even Rammstein at SECC in (I think) 2002 was an excellent show.

The best....I'm going with RATM, a triumphant return. Hope to buggery I can get a ticket for this celebratory free gig they plan to play next year :)

blondejamtart
The Hearts Posse live at Hampden, April 2nd 2006. Awseome gig. :thumb:

Mind you the support act was ****e, and for some reason a lot of the crowd left early. :laugh:

I like it!! :santa1:

tough decision as i`ve seen so many but i`ll go with

****** sparrer at the empress ballroom blackpool august 2008

runner up

conflict

subhumans

agnostic front

the exploited

the business

dropkick murphys

rancid

flogging molly

sick of it all

:santa1::santa1::santa1:

Muse - Meadowbank

Funeral For A Friend/Million Dead/Sevenstone Lighter- Liquid Rooms

Biffy Clyro- Liquid Rooms

Reuben- Kind Tuts

P.O.D/ill nino- Barrowlands

Billy Talent- King Tuts

so many good ones.

Cheers for this... found my way to this http://www.archive.org/details/radams2008-11-14.sbd.flac16 and been re-living the gig all morning!

A few absolute stand outs on there.

I use that site for my Drive by Trucker concerts.The Ryan Adams Archive is a must for any Ryan fan and the Picture House gig was brilliant and has never been off my mp3 player all year.

Drive by Truckers.... Arches Blessing and a Curse Tour.

Lucinda Williams...Concert Hall Glasgow 2003.

Drive by Truckers...Liqued Room 2008.

Neil Young....Hyde Park 2009.

Ryan Adams....Picture House 2008.

Neil Young....Playhouse 2008.

Mogwai @ Picture House

I missed them at the Picture House, but saw them last year (maybe this year) at the Corn Exchange.

Unbelievable.

My first ever gig was Foo Fighters at Corn Exchange in 2000.

My most recent gig was Them Crooked Vultures, also at Corn Exchange a couple of weeks ago. Nice way to round up the decade, with Dave Grohl featuring both times.

So my best gig ever is the question here. It's a tough question. That first Foos gig was special for me, Rage Againt The Machine at TITP 2008 was pandemonium, Metallica at Leeds 2003, even Rammstein at SECC in (I think) 2002 was an excellent show.

The best....I'm going with RATM, a triumphant return. Hope to buggery I can get a ticket for this celebratory free gig they plan to play next year :)

Feckin annoyed that I missed that one!!!!

Feckin annoyed that I missed that one!!!!

My pal who bought the tickets later found out he had an exam the following morning (4th year finals) so VERY reluctantly had to give up his ticket. He was gutted. So I took the girlfriend along as she is a fan of Dave Grohl.....not his music, just Dave.

But man, what a gig. WHAT a gig. In terms of sheer decibels, it's without doubt the loudest gig I've ever attended. The album captures the live sound really well I reckon, brutally groovy music and I love it.

Only been to 2 gigs this decade, but going to rectify that next decade starting with Killing Joke @ the Picture house in April.

The two I seen

The Damned at the Liquid Rooms '08 was great but

The Singing Kettle at the Festival Theatre '00 was brilliant, knew all the songs, embarrassed the kids.

Take That for me, June 2009

Got to agree.

Runners Up

Versus Cancer Trust Concert (Manchester 2006 or 2005) Charlatans, Mani, Ian Brown, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher and Gem Archer. Awesome gig.

Oasis 2004 City Of Manchester Stadium

The Hold Steady at The Cathouse in 06 for me

I saw them supporting Counting Crows and I thought they were awful! Different strokes.

Colin Hay at the Caves last month, and Nine Inch Nails farewell gig in Manchester were outstanding too.

Looking forward to Errors in Stirling (two minutes up the road from me) in March 2010.

EDIT: And will probably ejaculate if I score tickets for Rage's free gig.

Get real kids.

No gig in a stadium can ever be a gig of the month, let alone year or decade.

Soul-less barns like the SECC are almost as bad.

blondejamtart

For me, it'd have to be Green Day at the MEN Arena on October 31 this year - if for no other reason than the fact that it meant I finally got to see them play live! And they exceeded all my expectations too - two days later, I bought my tickets to see them again next year! Probably the one band around that, for various reasons, I'd never manged to see live until now, so I was one very happy bunny indeed.

Tom Waits at the Playhouse.

I don't think I'll ever see a show that good again in my life.

My feelings exactly.

This for me too! :santa1:

Dont know if you have it mate but i have "cough" acquired a recording of the set from the soundboard.

Victor Mancini

rage at pee in the dark 2008

bloc party & the stranglers at the picturehouse 2009 were also highlights of the decade(probably cause thy're fresher in the mind than some i went to in the early 00's)

rage at pee in the dark 2008

bloc party & the stranglers at the picturehouse 2009

The Stranglers were amazing that night & Rage were awesome!

Chemical Brothers at Rockness think was 07 and Happy Mondays at iron works in Inverness

The best ever set i have seen from the Chems!

i don't understand people who say outdoor gigs suck! i agree places like SECC are soul-less right angled places where the sound is always ****!

Rush - Rotterdam, October 2007

Nice...

five from me...

Rush 30th Anniversary Tour, Birmingham

Jesus and Mary Chain, Royal Festival Hall

Dave Gahan, Wolverhampton

Primal Scream, XTRMNTR tour, Barrowlands

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, 20th Anniversary, Hammersmith

Archived