Terrorist attack attempted on Transatlantic flight!

Praha06

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where you get that part from?

Al-quaeda and lothian buses deep down are pretty much the same. You wait ages for one and then....

Where you get that part from?

Go back to the BBC News homepage and one of the bullet points under the main story says "More plane attacks likely".

My apologies that refers to a story from September.

Guest juvehearts

man just read up on this.

the plane landed from amsterdam in denver.

sounded like a firework, or something went off in the plane.

the FBI & CIA aint giving anything away just yet as they dont know who this person is that was on the plane.

Obama has told his forces to have more visual patroles on guard in US airports & has every inbound US flight from oversea's being TRIPPLED checked for anything.

so were going back to a post 9/11 state again where if you even sneese on a plane YOU will get anal serched on the ground in the US.

hell you may not even make it past customs. I know people with a criminal record for even minor offences like theft not being allowed passed immagration in JFK.

i understand why, i just dont understand if they think youre a danger, why they allow you on the ducking plane in the 1st place.

Damn......my evil plan of de-railing an Edinburgh tram with a squashed beer can wedged in the tracks has been uncovered!

I must go into hiding.

Or revert to my back-up plan of waiting for them to break down on their own within 24 hours of going active......

Professor.Arturo
Damn......my evil plan of de-railing an Edinburgh tram with a squashed beer can wedged in the tracks has been uncovered!

I must go into hiding.

Or revert to my back-up plan of waiting for them to break down on their own within 24 hours of going active......

Dont worry too much...I am sure a cyclist will do that job for you :santa1:

Well imagine that! another muslim trying to blow up a passenger jet.

Dont you just love how these people are enriching our society? (insert extremely f****** sarcastic smiley here!)

:santa1:

Better watch out for the JKB lilly livered brigade coming after you now.

Dont you just love how these people are enriching our society? (insert extremely f****** sarcastic smiley here!)

What percentage of 'these people' are trying to blow up planes?

PresidentRomanov

Better watch out for the JKB lilly livered brigade coming after you now.

alwaysthereinspirit

A much bigger percentage of probably every other religion added together.

Nucky Thompson
Too many.

Agreed. We should ban the lot of them from boarding a plane. Either that or hold them in quarantine for a couple of days prior to their flight.

Agreed. We should ban the lot of them from boarding a plane. Either that or hold them in quarantine for a couple of days prior to their flight.

:smiliz64:

Ever wondered why a tiny number of them might be mad enough to try these things?

Maybe it's because a huge number of Christians are in their countries, armed to the teeth and have wrought havoc in the pursuit of robbing them blind.

Maybe if the hundreds of thousands of "Christian" soldiers came home and stayed home there'd be no trouble whatsoever.

Ever wondered why a tiny number of them might be mad enough to try these things?

Maybe it's because a huge number of Christians are in their countries, armed to the teeth and have wrought havoc in the pursuit of robbing them blind.

Maybe if the hundreds of thousands of "Christian" soldiers came home and stayed home there'd be no trouble whatsoever.

In Nigeria?

Well, allegedly, as far as any newspaper has gone so far is to cite an anonymous "law enforcement official" (FBI, Homeland Security, traffic cop?), who has said the knob that managed to burn his own pants off was from Yemen, but no direct quotes yet.

Coming up next, U.S. troops in Yemen and the same anti-war protestors that were screaming when Bush the Younger was in power will be deathly silent now that Obama is at the helm.

Well, allegedly, as far as any newspaper has gone so far is to cite an anonymous "law enforcement official" (FBI, Homeland Security, traffic cop?), who has said the knob that managed to burn his own pants off was from Yemen, but no direct quotes yet.

Coming up next, U.S. troops in Yemen and the same anti-war protestors that were screaming when Bush the Younger was in power will be deathly silent now that Obama is at the helm.

He was from Nigeria, no? :smiliz23:

The thing that gets me is that the guy's father informed U.S. authorities a while ago that his son was a danger. Yet he still escaped detection. Looks like the system needs revising.

The problem with suspecting everyone, with seeing danger everywhere (the U.S. approach), is that it's difficult to distinguish real dangers from imaginary dangers. Threat analysis these days seems to take the approach of "get everyone on a database and then let data analysis tools do the work" as opposed to the "get the baddies, and those with real potential to be baddies, on a database and let human analysts do the work". There is just too much background noise to spot the signals.

He's a radical muslim and he feels agrieved that the West is invading muslim countries. Is that a surprise?

Yet another case where the US knew it was going to happen and did F. all.

It's like they want these things to happen so they can keep the masses scared and justify more war. :smiliz23:

So are they just plain ****ing stupid or are they devious *****?

Miller Jambo 60

Behave Dave, point is i hate flying so not going to effect me.

I think 1 per cent is enough of them Dave.

Why do yo stick up for low life.

last i checked there were a couple of billion muslims. you may want to revise that figure.

I'm not sticking up for low life as far as I know. I'm sticking up for those that are innocent decent people regardless of race, creed or colour.

AlphonseCapone

r171308_643909.jpg

Justifying terrorism, your a lovely chap. Everyone who believes in any religion is a ****. FACT.

I read MJ's post as an reasoned view into why these sort of things happen rather than a justification or vindication on the rights of people to set fire to themselves on planes.

Reckon we'd be better off understanding what drives people to blow themselves up, rather than simply dismissing outrages such as this as religious fanaticism or islamic terrorism.:th_blush:

Miller Jambo 60
I'm not sticking up for low life as far as I know. I'm sticking up for those that are innocent decent people regardless of race, creed or colour.

Thing is Dave stick up for them.

TBH why do you.

Tell me

Miller Jambo 60
I read MJ's post as an reasoned view into why these sort of things happen rather than a justification or vindication on the rights of people to set fire to themselves on planes.

Reckon we'd be better off understanding what drives people to blow themselves up, rather than simply dismissing outrages such as this as religious fanaticism or islamic terrorism.:th_blush:

Wee man got a feeeling your a hobo

AlphonseCapone

A fanatical religious warped view that Islam is the ultimate religion and anyone who does not follow it is an enemy? These so call "enemies" should be destoryed because they are not followers of allah?

It's not simply dismissing it as religious fanaticism, the fact is, it is religious fanaticism. And btw, no not all muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists attacking us and our lifestyle are muslim.

Killing people over a human concept set up in order to control people through fear, UTTER STUPIDITY.

A fanatical religious warped view that Islam is the ultimate religion and anyone who does not follow it is an enemy? These so call "enemies" should be destoryed because they are not followers of allah?

It's not simply dismissing it as religious fanaticism, the fact is, it is religious fanaticism. And btw, no not all muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists attacking us and our lifestyle are muslim.

Killing people over a human concept set up in order to control people through fear, UTTER STUPIDITY.

Whilst what you've said in bold is true for a small number of fanatics, I'm not sure it applies to the Nigerian who tried to set off the firework on the plane.

He was shouting something about Afghanistan though .

Wee man got a feeeling your a hobo

Darn you got me. :detective:

....and if it wasn't for a thread about Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab - I'd have gotten away with it.

r171308_643909.jpg

Justifying terrorism, your a lovely chap. Everyone who believes in any religion is a ****. FACT.

How much trouble has there been in Ireland since the troops pulled out? Not very much. How many bombings on the mainland?

When a country/countries/homeland of a culture or religion is invaded there will be people who use terrorism to put pressure on the oppressor nations.

As a citizen of one of the oppressor nations I (and you) should accept that it's a simple fact that when you invade countries there will be people who take a pop with terrorist acts. It's part and parcel of being a bully that people will throw a stone at you once in a while when you are not looking.

What you shouldn't do is let that simple fact turn you into a rabid racist.

I am surprised that none of the USA apologists have taken the time to answer the question I posed earlier ...

This event is yet another example of the US government knowing about a threat and doing absolutely nothing about it. Do they want these things to happen to further the war agenda or are they just a bunch of absolute dummies?

Whichever answer you come up with you should then ask yourself:

a) If the USA ignore threats to allow terrorist events to occur in the name of furthering justification for the war - should we REALLY be supporting them in their aggressive foreign policy?

B) If the USA are really so dumb that they ignore nearly ever terror warning - should we REALLY be supporting them in their aggressive foreign policy?

Victor Mancini
How much trouble has there been in Ireland since the troops pulled out? Not very much. How many bombings on the mainland?

When a country/countries/homeland of a culture or religion is invaded there will be people who use terrorism to put pressure on the oppressor nations.

As a citizen of one of the oppressor nations I (and you) should accept that it's a simple fact that when you invade countries there will be people who take a pop with terrorist acts. It's part and parcel of being a bully that people will throw a stone at you once in a while when you are not looking.

What you shouldn't do is let that simple fact turn you into a rabid racist.

I am surprised that none of the USA apologists have taken the time to answer the question I posed earlier ...

This event is yet another example of the US government knowing about a threat and doing absolutely nothing about it. Do they want these things to happen to further the war agenda or are they just a bunch of absolute dummies?

Whichever answer you come up with you should then ask yourself:

a) If the USA ignore threats to allow terrorist events to occur in the name of furthering justification for the war - should we REALLY be supporting them in their aggressive foreign policy?

B) If the USA are really so dumb that they ignore nearly ever terror warning - should we REALLY be supporting them in their aggressive foreign policy?

spot on, a very sensible view MJ.

He's a radical muslim and he feels agrieved that the West is invading muslim countries. Is that a surprise?

Yet another case where the US knew it was going to happen and did F. all.

It's like they want these things to happen so they can keep the masses scared and justify more war. :smiliz23:

So are they just plain ****ing stupid or are they devious *****?

Silly post. Terrorism happened before we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan too, if you recall; and there is no justification for attempted indiscriminate slaughter. Meanwhile, surprise surprise, your take on these latest incidents is it's a conspiracy. The idea that there could ever be ******-ups in security or intelligence despite both being the domain of fallible human beings is apparently beyond you.

Like invading countries and killing people in the name of "Democracy" and "Freedom"?

Both "human concepts" that cannot be properly defined and part of a society/culture that constantly uses fear to strip citizens of freedoms and rob them financially.

Your fear of terrorist attack is used against you - in order to justify further military action, further restrictions on your freedom and your privacy and to continue to spend billions of your tax dollars on futile militaristic actions.

Hideous regimes take many forms. You live under one mate.

Why was the shock and awe campaign in Iraq never described as a terrorist action?

Probably because it was as part of a legal war. Why were the bombings of Dresden or Coventry never described as terrorist actions?

Silly post. Terrorism happened before we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan too, if you recall; and there is no justification for attempted indiscriminate slaughter. Meanwhile, surprise surprise, your take on these latest incidents is it's a conspiracy. The idea that there could ever be ******-ups in security or intelligence despite both being the domain of fallible human beings is apparently beyond you.

OK Shaun, lets go back a bit and look at the causes.

The rise of radical Islam was helped along by the US and UK meddling in the Middle East.

This includes, but is not confined to:

The creation and support of Israel, the oppression of the Palestinian people and the continued support of Israel in spite of repeated human rights abuses by Israel.

The British sponsored coup in Iran in 1952.

The support offered to Saddam in his war with Iran. A declaration of war against Islam by the west. Funding a dictator is about as low as it gets.

As you know, the West has a very long history of messing around the middle east in order to maintain it's oil interests.

You don't have to look too far for reasons and you cannot deny that the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan haven't driven the desire for retribution.

Also, I didn't shout conspiracy theory. I merely asked whether the US were complicit or whether they were plain stupid. Which do you think?

You seem to be getting personal with me because I don't tow the party line. The job at GCHQ must be wearing you down. :smiliz64:

Probably because it was as part of a legal war. Why were the bombings of Dresden or Coventry never described as terrorist actions?

The human effect is the same no matter the title put on the action. Are the thousands who joined the armed forces after 9/11 any different from a radical Muslim who takes action against the West after his family is killed in indiscriminate bombing? If so, why?

Yeah, cmon DJF get with the programme.

Bush and Blair signed a piece of paper. The families of the 100,000 dead civilians in Iraq should have no problem whatsoever with their deaths. All above board.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

OK Shaun, lets go back a bit and look at the causes.

The rise of radical Islam was helped along by the US and UK meddling in the Middle East.

This includes, but is not confined to:

The creation and support of Israel, the oppression of the Palestinian people and the continued support of Israel in spite of repeated human rights abuses by Israel.

The British sponsored coup in Iran in 1952.

The support offered to Saddam in his war with Iran. A declaration of war against Islam by the west. Funding a dictator is about as low as it gets.

As you know, the West has a very long history of messing around the middle east in order to maintain it's oil interests.

You don't have to look too far for reasons and you cannot deny that the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan haven't driven the desire for retribution.

Also, I didn't shout conspiracy theory. I merely asked whether the US were complicit or whether they were plain stupid. Which do you think?

You seem to be getting personal with me because I don't tow the party line. The job at GCHQ must be wearing you down. :smiliz64:

GCHQ -:rofl:

You mention Israel/Palestine. Fair enough: a solution there would be a massive blow struck against terrorism. But have Arab and Moslem states helped the Palestinians, or instead treated them as second class citizens or worse and just sponsored terrorism?

You mention Israel's repeated human rights abuses. So what's the human rights record of Arab or Moslem states? Does the concept of human rights even exist in many of them?

You mention Iraq. What was Saddam's record when it came to mass murder, starting illegal wars and gassing his people? Yet terrorists didn't turn on him. Why?

There are many things I deplor about Western foreign policy. But in a world of nation states and capitalism, where governments all have to look after their own people (and at least democratically elected governments try; miltary regimes and dictators generally don't give a toss about their people, but are happy to blame the West instead), it's frequently difficult to see what the alternative is.

In terms of the US: once they were in a Cold War with the USSR, they had to support Iraq against Soviet-backed Iran; and now, we damn them when they intervene, and damn them when they don't as well. So many people who castigate the global political system have no alternatives; and would themselves be utterly lost if oil ran out and our way of life changed beyond all recognition.

As for these latest incidents: Interpol isn't the international organisation it could and should be, and intelligence and security co-operation between the West, states like Yemen and much of Africa is very, very limited. It's almost impossible to stop all terrorist threats; and equally difficult to sort through all the chatter intelligence services hear on a daily basis and decide what's real, and what isn't.

Lastly - it's so, so easy for you to sit in a Western country and talk about us all living under "hideous regimes". When it comes to real hideous regimes, I don't think you have the first clue what living under one is like; and I know I'm damn thankful that I don't either.

The human effect is the same no matter the title put on the action. Are the thousands who joined the armed forces after 9/11 any different from a radical Muslim who takes action against the West after his family is killed in indiscriminate bombing? If so, why?

Yes. Because the actions of the radical Moslem are completely indiscriminate and designed to kill as many innocents as possible. The actions of the armed forces are not indiscriminate, and intended to minimise civilian losses, which are sadly inevitable in any war.

And before you say it: no, I don't agree with cluster bombs or depleted uranium myself. I absolutely refute that we go into any war looking to kill civilans though.

Yeah, cmon DJF get with the programme.

Bush and Blair signed a piece of paper. The families of the 100,000 dead civilians in Iraq should have no problem whatsoever with their deaths. All above board.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

You can say the same of any war at any point in history. If you recall, Hitler didn't declare war on or attack Britain before we did against Germany. Heaven only knows how many civilians went on to be killed by Allied forces. I take it people would've been justified in seeking retribution against us, then?

The war in iraq wasn't legal. The attorney general based his argument on a UN resolution designed to enable George Bush senior to expel the Iraqis from Kuwait !! ...It's always been seen as a desperate measure to justify illegal aggression.

You can say the same of any war at any point in history. If you recall, Hitler didn't declare war on or attack Britain before we did against Germany. Heaven only knows how many civilians went on to be killed by Allied forces. I take it people would've been justified in seeking retribution against us, then?

It's not really to do with justification though is it Shaun. It's to do with revenge and that's nothing more than a natural human emotion so labelling it in terms of legality is redundant.

Nucky Thompson

[/b]

What about the 7/7 bombers, did London invade Yorkshire and the north of England?

Archived