Xmas Dinner

systemx

Not had it yet cos we went to visit relationsand are all quite merry(pished)The soup may be around 5 Turkey half past and fall asleep 6ish

Family round. Soup/pate to start, Turkey,Ham and Goose with all the trimmings. Trifle/cheesecake to finish. Never went near Iceland, cooked the lot myself although my daughter decorated the trifle. Cigaro did bugger all except eat it.

There was also wine and Balvennie involved.

chester copperpot

Home made minestrone soup which was amazing.

Then a prawn cocktail.

Couldn't eat my main course, which was steak.

Home made minestrone soup which was amazing.

Then a prawn cocktail.

Couldn't eat my main course, which was steak.

Lying on Christmas day makes you sterile, Andy.

Ours was delayed due to an over zealous pet dog.

Everything was prepped and we went down the pub for a couple while the spuds roasted and the turkey finished off. We came back to see the magic word 'OFF' displayed on the electric oven. The bloody dog had been scavenging again and managed to switch the oven off while trying to get its paws on some things left on the worktop.:santa5::santa5:

The mood wasn't helped when I threw a box of cornflour at the dog which duly burst open and the dog dragged it around the kitchen.:santa5:

Pretty wasted by the time everything was ready.:smiliz64:

Happy Chrimbo all.

Ours was delayed due to an over zealous pet dog.

Everything was prepped and we went down the pub for a couple while the spuds roasted and the turkey finished off. We came back to see the magic word 'OFF' displayed on the electric oven. The bloody dog had been scavenging again and managed to switch the oven off while trying to get its paws on some things left on the worktop.:santa5::santa5:

The mood wasn't helped when I threw a box of cornflour at the dog which duly burst open and the dog dragged it around the kitchen.:santa5:

Pretty wasted by the time everything was ready.:smiliz64:

Happy Chrimbo all.

:santa1:

The above is why dogs are great. Ours used to make cooking a turkey or chicken an utter nightmare: two or three times on a Saturday lunchtime, she got to it when our backs were turned and dragged it away. At least that didn't happen in your case!

Sexton Hardcastle

Setting about the left over ham with some cheese and biscuits.

Few Nelsons and some decent telly. Still waiting on the decent telly.

Archived