Bengals v Rams

Bears v Raiders

Texans v Jags

Panthers v Bucs

hmfc_liam06

Chiefs v Chargers in Mexico too.

Sexton Hardcastle
32 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Hoping the PATS trade up to get Jake Fromm. Doubt it though. He looks the real deal.

Some rise from him watching qb1. 

Tagovailoa will be a 2020 top 5 pick.

Sexton Hardcastle
46 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

London games announced.

Bengals v Rams

Bears v Raiders

Texans v Jags

Panthers v Bucs

Best international game in Mexico. 

Predictable they didnt get Mack to play back in Oakland or where ever they end up. 

Ribble
49 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Some rise from him watching qb1. 

Tagovailoa will be a 2020 top 5 pick.

Walterfootball site has Tagovailoa 1 and Fromm 2 in the 2020 draft

luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Fair enough to you fellas who live in the area. Was more on about people who jump on a winning team and go about wearing the beanie hats. 

Surely Brady will bow out if he wins another ring. Yes they do it season after season but there has to come a point when you go out on top. 

Going to be an interesting couple

of seasons with a lot of ageing qbs on their way out. Brady, Rivers, Ben, Manning, Brees. Doesn’t look much of a draft class this year at that position.

I think that’s Brady on 9 Super Bowl appearances now, reckon he’ll definitely want to make that double figures, he’ll be back. You could see the fire that still burns strong in him during that game yesterday. 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

London games announced.

Bengals v Rams

Bears v Raiders

Texans v Jags

Panthers v Bucs

Not really much to say other than...meh

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The decision which went the Patriots way (where the ball was supposed to have hit someone’s arm) was absolutely outrageous.

Ugly American

Saints fans are rightly out of their minds. Back judge who lives in LA makes a no-call to help the most plastic team in the league get the newly-returned-to-the-NFL-after-decades second largest media market in the country back in the Super Bowl. It's GFA and Hugh Dallas-levels.

You'd like to think it's really an honest mistake but the call isn't even a little bit close or ambiguous.

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The decision which went the Patriots way (where the ball was supposed to have hit someone’s arm) was absolutely outrageous.

Really? I've watched it a few times and see absolutely no contact, especially from the head on camera. If there is then it was the smallest of touches, so hardly an outrageous call.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Really? I've watched it a few times and see absolutely no contact, especially from the head on camera. If there is then it was the smallest of touches, so hardly an outrageous call.

We couldn’t agree in my house. I thought he didn’t touch it as well, but don’t think you could say for definite that he didn’t. The fact your saying that if he did, it was the smallest of touches, implies there is doubt and therefore it should have never been overturned. I never thought for one second they would overturn that.

ri Alban
14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Add in the roughing the passer(What a joke call) and the dropped catch.  Shocking! And the offside, yes it was, but , come on.

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Add in the roughing the passer(What a joke call) and the dropped catch.  Shocking! And the offside, yes it was, but , come on.

The roughing the passer was the biggest call for me. If that hadn’t been called, the Chiefs would have had the ball (already in the lead) , instead the Pats keep the ball and go up the field and take the lead themselves...the turning point of the e game for me. It was a disgraceful call.

Sooperstar

I thought the Edelman call was spot on. Couldn't see any hint of contact. How can anyone call it outrageous?!

Agree with the sentiment though. **** the Patriots.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

We couldn’t agree in my house. I thought he didn’t touch it as well, but don’t think you could say for definite that he didn’t. The fact your saying that if he did, it was the smallest of touches, implies there is doubt and therefore it should have never been overturned. I never thought for one second they would overturn that.

In my opinion he didn't touch it whatsoever and I think the replay facing Edelman straight on proved it, hence the overturn. I see no movement of the ball of any sort to suggest it touched him.

But the suggestion was it was an outrageous call, it was nothing of the sort.

Bring on the Future

The Pro Bowl Skills challenge is always more entertaining than the Pro Bowl itself IMO, but I can only see the Pro Bowl on Game Pass. Does anyone know a way of watching the Skills challenge in the UK?

luckyBatistuta
54 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

In my opinion he didn't touch it whatsoever and I think the replay facing Edelman straight on proved it, hence the overturn. I see no movement of the ball of any sort to suggest it touched him.

But the suggestion was it was an outrageous call, it was nothing of the sort.

I didn’t like the call myself even though I didn’t think he touched it. I just thought there was still an element of doubt, which was the reason they took so long to make their judgement. We have seen loads of calls before where it looks like a shocker of a call, only for it to still stand, just because it’s not 100% 

ri Alban
26 minutes ago, Bring on the Future said:

The Pro Bowl Skills challenge is always more entertaining than the Pro Bowl itself IMO, but I can only see the Pro Bowl on Game Pass. Does anyone know a way of watching the Skills challenge in the UK?

Is Beckham there this year? Only time I like him. :)

luckyBatistuta

Why did they stop the College elite taking on the NFL elite, would much rather watch that as an end of season exhibition game than the Pro Bowl. 

alwaysthereinspirit
39 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Why did they stop the College elite taking on the NFL elite, would much rather watch that as an end of season exhibition game than the Pro Bowl. 

Never heard of this game.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think they did have something like that.

Peebo
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Me neither.

I’ll refrain from my annual “the pro bowl is the most pointless circus in professional sports” post. 

Peebo
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think they did have something like that.

I can’t recall. I doubt many of the decent college players would fancy taking part in it, and risking injury. . 

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I can’t recall. I doubt many of the decent college players would fancy taking part in it, and risking injury. . 

They would get to show off their talents against the big boys.

I’m off now to try and find out if I dreamt that game or not :lol:

luckyBatistuta

The game ended in 1976 because NFL coaches didn’t like their star players playing in it. Would still rather watch a game like that than the Pro Bowl

Phil Dunphy

Having had time to mull over that PI non-call, I’ve come to the conclusion that both the SFA and the NFL are out to get me. 

:seething:

alwaysthereinspirit
32 minutes ago, Peebo said:

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Here we go, think this is what I remembered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

Good find. As Peebo says not something either college kids or for that matter pro's would do now. Way to much money on the line.

Also as Peebo mentioned. Pro Bowl, meh.

Peebo
20 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The game ended in 1976 because NFL coaches didn’t like their star players playing in it. Would still rather watch a game like that than the Pro Bowl

1976? No wonder I can’t recall!

Anything that’s not an actual competitive game is going to be pretty unwatchable, as it’s not a sport people can play without going all in. Pre-season games are utterly turgid, too. Only good for a piss up!

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, Peebo said:

1976? No wonder I can’t recall!

Anything that’s not an actual competitive game is going to be pretty unwatchable, as it’s not a sport people can play without going all in. Pre-season games are utterly turgid, too. Only good for a piss up!

I do agree, actually looking forward to the NFL Honors more than the Pro Bowl, not sure I’ve actually ever watched one from start  to finish. Never even turn it on now, although I would go to one if I could, just for the day out and see the top players, maybe even meet some. 

and the piss up :thumb::laugh2:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Ugly American

No reason under the sun to watch the Pro Bowl on TV. I hear it's fun to watch in person if you're in Hawaii because it's a bunch of NFL tough guys goofing off on the field doing silly stuff, but the NFL frankly should be embarrassed that they televise it.

Peebo
5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

No reason under the sun to watch the Pro Bowl on TV. I hear it's fun to watch in person if you're in Hawaii because it's a bunch of NFL tough guys goofing off on the field doing silly stuff, but the NFL frankly should be embarrassed that they televise it.

It doesn’t even have the Hawaii factor any more! 

Sexton Hardcastle

Preferred it when it was held after the Super Bowl and those who deserved to be there went instead of players pulling out and sending any old shite.

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Preferred it when it was held after the Super Bowl and those who deserved to be there went instead of players pulling out and sending any old shite.

Like Trubisky :lol:

alwaysthereinspirit

These 2 weeks will drag

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

These 2 weeks will drag

Sorry trying to post a photo. Will try later.

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Ugly American
12 hours ago, Peebo said:

It doesn’t even have the Hawaii factor any more! 

Oh right, totally forgot about that!

Well, February in Orlando isn't the worst place to be TBH.

Sexton Hardcastle

Senior bowl just getting underway on NFL network. Should be more competitive than tomorrow’s offering.

chuck berrys hairline

Had a peek at bookies for early prices. Pat's slight favourites and only a two point spread. Can anyone see much movement as week goes on ?

Edited by chuck berrys hairline
sp

alwaysthereinspirit
19 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Had a peek at bookies for early prices. Pat's slight favourites and only a two point spread. Can anyone see much movement as week goes on ?

Not unless theres some big time player injury during practice with either team. Pats may go to giving up 3 1/2 but doubt it.

Sexton Hardcastle

I like the overs market which is around 56 points. Both teams have the ability to score a lot of points. Given current form as well will put a chunk on Michel first td. Currently 7s.

andrewhenry

Super Bowl who's winning it? 

For me I think Brady is gonna get ring number 6

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, andrewhenry said:

Agree, hope to hell we’re both wrong.

andrewhenry
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Agree, hope to hell we’re both wrong.

Yep you and me both brother 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, andrewhenry said:

No big deal. :whistling:

hmfc_liam06

Patriots fan this Sunday.

Like the Michel shout.

ri Alban

?

alwaysthereinspirit

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

See the source image

Aw fek off, hate seeing a picture of a Pat that brings a smile to my face.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Aw fek off, hate seeing a picture of a Pat that brings a smile to my face.

I posted it a few years back in the 5 - 1 thread. I couldn't let it go now with the 6 rings a possibility.