Coffee Places

neave

in town.

There are the obvious choices of Starbucks/Costa, but are there any other nice places to go on or around Princes Street?

waterstones cafe (why am i replying to this, haha.)

Could be a shout. Cheers Scott.

What about the German market: do they do anything but beer and overpriced craftworks? (or should that be Kraftwerken?)

waterstones cafe (why am i replying to this, haha.)

Is that not just a Starbucks?

Went to a nice wee Italian deli in Leith Walk recently for a coffee, would recommend it if I could remember its name.

Could be a shout. Cheers Scott.

What about the German market: do they do anything but beer and overpriced craftworks? (or should that be Kraftwerken?)

They do crepes (crepes, the chocolate pancakes, not creeps i.e. john leslie) Mulled wine and different hot drinks like coffee etc...

Darren - Could be a starbucks, but a bigger selection of reading material available, plus your higher up so its more fun...:smiliz23:

Is that not just a Starbucks?

Went to a nice wee Italian deli in Leith Walk recently for a coffee, would recommend it if I could remember its name.

Great panini's from a deli across from st james centre at the top of leith walk. cheese chicken and bacon. excellent!

The Elephant House on Geo. IV Bridge.

Decent cup of coffee there.

I like Starbucks coffee, but I don't like what they do, homogenisation of cafes and small business owners go under because people go to what they know.

Slug and Lettuce in the Omni is dirt cheap (?1.49 for a cappuccino/latte type drink) and very nice.

A bit further away, I like the Biblos on Chambers Street.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got a toastie out of Starbucks yesterday. How the feck can they justify charging about 4 quid for two slices of bread.

Got a toastie out of Starbucks yesterday. How the feck can they justify charging about 4 quid for two slices of bread.

Too right. I cannot understand how they've been so successful: they over-charge on absolutely everything, and the prices are always going up. I always assumed a dominant store would charge less for things than their competitors, not more; even the little bite sized cakes they do are a ridiculous rip off.

Nucky Thompson

That's one thing I can't understand, Coffee Shops like starbucks and costa are extortionate but are always rammed full of people.

My wife and I use Starbucks a lot here. They are consistent the coffee is good, and they have a good selection. They are expensive but the premises are always nicely furnished and the staff friendly and helpful. One thing I must say we are not short of are places to have coffee.

Miller Jambo 60
in town.

There are the obvious choices of Starbucks/Costa, but are there any other nice places to go on or around Princes Street?

Loads of coffee in Killie footie ground when the young jambo team are in town.:smiliz21:

I always assumed a dominant store would charge less for things than their competitors, not more;

Why on Earth would you think that? :hat2:

I like Starbucks coffee, but I don't like what they do, homogenisation of cafes and small business owners go under because people go to what they know.

Homogeniphobic post, imo.

To put their competitors out of business by attracting more customers. Being massively popular despite charging more than their competitors makes no sense at all to me: is it just something about that logo? The most effective subliminal advertising of all time, or something?

in town.

cafe nero on lothian road for a top mocha.

To put their competitors out of business by attracting more customers.

And then?

Being massively popular despite charging more than their competitors makes no sense at all to me: is it just something about that logo? The most effective subliminal advertising of all time, or something?

Makes sense to me. That's branding for ya. ;)

And then?

To keep putting further competitors out of business by attracting more customers. :mw_tease:

Yep, sure does. Even if that branding is with a colour no Hearts fan should be seen dead anywhere near. :)

Big ChipButty
shoot me down if you like.

mcdonalds do a decent brew.

kannae believe im saying that lol.

I have to agree, McDonalds coffee is really good, the food isn't :)

A fecking mocha though:santa4:

woofer's doofers. big dollop of cream on top. outrageously expensive packet of two biscuits complete with useless cafe nero branding.

job done.

sorry.... move on to public house(s) for premium lagers and assorted spirits.

job done.

If you're at all interested, we ended up in Costa. I went for a scout along Rose Street before I met her, thought about Cafe Nero, but the closest place to where we met seemed the most obvious.

Ended up with a black coffee big enough to swim in. And, with me not eating beforehand, I was ****ing buzzing. Bouncing off the walls.

woofer's doofers. big dollop of cream on top. outrageously expensive packet of two biscuits complete with useless cafe nero branding.

job done.

sorry.... move on to public house(s) for premium lagers and assorted spirits.

job done.

GayFlag.jpg

If you're at all interested, we ended up in Costa. I went for a scout along Rose Street before I met her, thought about Cafe Nero, but the closest place to where we met seemed the most obvious.

Ended up with a black coffee big enough to swim in. And, with me not eating beforehand, I was ****ing buzzing. Bouncing off the walls.

could this be the new kickback date thread?

details! GHP?

could this be the new kickback date thread?

details! GHP?

Hahaha, I've been on KB for about 4/5 years now, Mr de la Rocha. Do you really think I'm still naive enough to give any potentially misinterpretable details to the KB masses, most of whom are slavering, champing at the bit, desperate for any opportunity to do the obvious?

Tempted (I want to see how far they can take this one). But not daft.

Hahaha, I've been on KB for about 4/5 years now, Mr de la Rocha. Do you really think I'm still naive enough to give any potentially misinterpretable details to the KB masses, most of whom are slavering, champing at the bit, desperate for any opportunity to do the obvious?

post of a virgin IMO

:laugh:

So is this bird gonna be shaking your beans?

Too right. I cannot understand how they've been so successful: they over-charge on absolutely everything, and the prices are always going up. I always assumed a dominant store would charge less for things than their competitors, not more; even the little bite sized cakes they do are a ridiculous rip off.

To put their competitors out of business by attracting more customers. Being massively popular despite charging more than their competitors makes no sense at all to me: is it just something about that logo? The most effective subliminal advertising of all time, or something?

And then?

To keep putting further competitors out of business by attracting more customers. :mw_tease:

Yep, sure does. Even if that branding is with a colour no Hearts fan should be seen dead anywhere near. :)

http://timharford.com/2006/01/starbucks-economics/

I'm not sure; hopefully I'll be flicking hers soon, though.

Good son, hope it tastes better than some of the **** coffees mentioned in here.

Black coffee. This sends surefire signals to a girl of "I'm a real man".

Source; A female friend before I went for a recent coffee with a nice young lady. You have been well schooled, my man.

Black coffee. This sends surefire signals to a girl of "I'm a real man".

Source; A female friend before I went for a recent coffee with a nice young lady. You have been well schooled, my man.

So I shouldn't have gotten that hot chocolate the other day? the lady now things Im a shirt lifter? dammit! :santa5:

So I shouldn't have gotten that hot chocolate the other day? the lady now things Im a shirt lifter? dammit! :santa5:

I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

At the very least, she thinks you're an effeminate wet blouse. If you got cream and marshmallows on top, she almost certainly thinks she's snared herself a new gal pal.

Only once you have proven your masculinity will you be able to move into the tasty-yet-camp world of Mochas and Latte's.

I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

At the very least, she thinks you're an effeminate wet blouse. If you got cream and marshmallows on top, she almost certainly thinks she's snared herself a new gal pal.

Only once you have proven your masculinity will you be able to move into the tasty-yet-camp world of Mochas and Latte's.

I don't like coffee so nae danger of that!

what if the hot choco was fecking boiling? surely chugging it down like it was my first pint shows the prowess of my teflon like man mouth?

I'll just stick to pubs in future. nothing says "man" like a pint of 80 shilling.

what if the hot choco was fecking boiling? surely chugging it down like it was my first pint shows the prowess of my teflon like man mouth?

I'll just stick to pubs in future. nothing says "man" like a pint of 80 shilling.

I don't make the rules nancy boy. :laugh:

:D :D

this made me larf.

a non-stick man mouth... complete with prowess.

:D :D

this made me larf.

a non-stick man mouth... complete with prowess.

I was alluding to its high melting point rather than its non stick qualities :smiliz64:

I was alluding to its high melting point rather than its non stick qualities :smiliz64:

fair enough.

better than the possibility of having a strand of teflon tape hanging from your man mouth as well. that might freak the lady out somewhat.

Archived