Question for the posties

I P Knightley

I P Knightley

See when you guys open some of the letters and cards and, instead of finding cash, you find it's a cheque?

Do you have a system for cashing those cheques or do you just toss them?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

10 pager*...

*once the posties finish their extra Christmas shifts

Everybody loves Baz

Anybody stupid enough to post money in a card nowadays deserves everything they get. :smiliz21:

chester copperpot
See when you guys open some of the letters and cards and, instead of finding cash, you find it's a cheque?

Ivana stands by his keyboard.

2092fisherman.jpg

northfieldhearts
Anybody stupid enough to post money in a card nowadays deserves everything they get. :smiliz21:

bollox. what a ridiculous statement.

Why's that?

Nowhere does the Royal Mail state "Unfortunately our employment practices are that lax that we've got a load of thieving dregs in our midst, so all you oldies out there who are used to relying on us had better just wise up 'cos it's not our fault if your ten pound to little Billy goes missing."

Why's that?

Nowhere does the Royal Mail state "Unfortunately our employment practices are that lax that we've got a load of thieving dregs in our midst, so all you oldies out there who are used to relying on us had better just wise up 'cos it's not our fault if your ten pound to little Billy goes missing."

It really should though.:smiliz57:

Everybody loves Baz
bollox. what a ridiculous statement.

My opinion differs from yours so it's bollox?

If you say so.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Good question.

Do they have to declare it and pay the VAT as well ??

I P Knightley
Good question.

Do they have to declare it and pay the VAT as well ??

The postal service is zero-rated for VAT (or exempt VAT).

Serious question, though. My old Mam's having to rush out in the snow and ice to cancel the cheques she sent ages ago for my kids. If the posties don't have a system to cash cheques, then I'm OK in telling her to take it easy - they're probably in a hedge or in the canal.

northfieldhearts
My opinion differs from yours so it's bollox?

If you say so.

No wonder Royal Mail is going down the swanny. Why shouldnt I be able to send money to my niece or nephew? Thieving *****s the lot of them.

I was a postie about 9 years ago.Hated it.That is all.

Ps my Postie is ****ing useless i never get mail before 14.00.(On a good day)

Everybody loves Baz
I was a postie about 9 years ago.Hated it.That is all.

Ps my Postie is ****ing useless i never get mail before 14.00.(On a good day)

What depot,

Dalkeith ??

I was there about 9 years ago i think ?

The lady got a christmas card with a cheque in it the other day, it was properly addressed etc... yet it had still been opened. strange.

The lady got a christmas card with a cheque in it the other day, it was properly addressed etc... yet it had still been opened. strange.

Me too. We had 4 cards come. Two of them were long sort of thin ones and the others standard card size.

The two long ones had been torn along the edge of the seal about half an inch along. Then taped back. One was from my auntie so I phoned her when I got back just an hour ago. Asked her if she had taped the card back up. She said of course she hadn't, she's the kind of person who would use a new envelope rather than give someone a torn one.

My postie seems quite a decent guy. But this stinks of pish.

What depot,

Dalkeith ??

I was there about 9 years ago i think ?

I was at Brunswick Road mate.Town 3 if i remember correctly.

jamboinglasgow

One of my collegues at work had over ?100 of vouchers stolen through the mail. She got the letter, opened up and empty, chased down the postman who said he could vouch that the letter was opened when he delivered it (why he didn't take it back to the post office and return it to the sender) so she was able to cancel the vouchers and get new ones sent out but means she has no vouchers in time for christmas.

Surely if there is that much thieving in your organisation you step up security.

One of my collegues at work had over ?100 of vouchers stolen through the mail. She got the letter, opened up and empty, chased down the postman who said he could vouch that the letter was opened when he delivered it (why he didn't take it back to the post office and return it to the sender) so she was able to cancel the vouchers and get new ones sent out but means she has no vouchers in time for christmas.

Surely if there is that much thieving in your organisation you step up security.

It starts at the Top mate!!!

maroonlegions

See when people like you show no respect to the hard working majority of posties at this time of year do you have a system to determine what constitutes the meaning of respect or do have just toss that respect in to the immaturity bin.No self respecting trust worthy postie would ever dream of thieving off the public and as it s a very tiny minority who do this and are always caught,fined and even jailed , your speculation that ALL posties are thieving and untrustworthy just goes to prove your ignorance, lack off self respect and immaturity, these posties have suffered one of the coldest and busiest Xmass deliveries, so show some respect when you are tucked up warm and snug in bed.

Miller Jambo 60
where oh where is wee Zinky? lol

Aye the OP would not say that to the wee man.

He would be covered by a rather large UJ.

I P Knightley
See when people like you show no respect to the hard working majority of posties at this time of year do you have a system to determine what constitutes the meaning of respect or do have just toss that respect in to the immaturity bin.No self respecting trust worthy postie would ever dream of thieving off the public and as it s a very tiny minority who do this and are always caught,fined and even jailed , your speculation that ALL posties are thieving and untrustworthy just goes to prove your ignorance, lack off self respect and immaturity, these posties have suffered one of the coldest and busiest Xmass deliveries, so show some respect when you are tucked up warm and snug in bed.

I agree. No self-respecting trustworthy postie would thieve off the public.

But the ones that slice open envelopes are not trustworthy and if they respect themselves, they have a pretty low respect threshold.

Are they always caught? How do you know that? Maybe others just don't let you into their circle as they know you're so righteous?

Back to the original question. The bad apples, the ones that are caught... do they ever let on whether they have a system for cashing cheques or is it cash only?

iamcraigbeattie
My mate scott is a postie...he would rip you a new one OP.

FWIW posties are thiefs and rightly so..If someone is stupid enough to post money then they deserve to lose that money.

Another sensible comment............not!!

Quick edit there. ;)

Why would you remove the bit that said that "posties are thieves and rightfully so" going on to say that people deserve to lose anything they put in their mail?

Frankenstein Jambo.
Quick edit there. ;)

Why would you remove the bit that said that "posties are thieves and rightfully so" going on to say that people deserve to lose anything they put in their mail?

Because my mate scott will not give me mt chrismas prezzie :santa3:

Dean Winchester

Oh no! Not mental scott! I bet Ivanawfyticklikov is terrified!

:santa4:

I P Knightley
Because my mate scott will not give me mt chrismas prezzie :santa3:

If you get a present and it's 3 cheques, would you do the decent thing and pass them on?

penicuik jambo

My girlfriends sister's 30th was last month, she came home to 5 cards, 3 without addressed envelopes! The post office claimed the postie said he mistakenly put them through her next door neighbours door. She is pals with her neighbour and they received none of her mail. She phone he police on the postie but no proof etc mean they weren't intersted

CavySlaveJambo
The postal service is zero-rated for VAT (or exempt VAT).

Serious question, though. My old Mam's having to rush out in the snow and ice to cancel the cheques she sent ages ago for my kids. If the posties don't have a system to cash cheques, then I'm OK in telling her to take it easy - they're probably in a hedge or in the canal.

They can't.

All cheques printed by the bank are crossed which means that only the recipient can cash them.

You can also do the same to postal orders

my wee brother's birthday last month, 3 packages all went missing. not saying all posties are bent, but ours is.

I P Knightley
They can't.

All cheques printed by the bank are crossed which means that only the recipient can cash them.

They probably get a deal at Cash Convertors or something.

CavySlaveJambo
They probably get a deal at Cash Convertors or something.

Has to go through the bank account of your children and clear that way.

I have had/used crossed cheques for years and did OIC so yeah. There is almost NO WAY they can get there hands on the money. Short of identity theft that is.

Had to get an ipod redelivered on christmas eve last year after it was nicked in transit.

Thieving *******s give decent posties a bad name.

portobellojambo1
They can't.

Correct, unless they are also running some sort of system whereby they are accessing individual personal data as well, and reproducing it before presenting the cheques. I suspect that is more something for professional criminal gangs rather than the average person you'll find employed by Royal Mail.

Cheques do go missing in the post as does other mail..most people have experience of that. All cheques are traceable through the banks and 99% of the time if they are not just late they are re-delivered to the sender who issued it.

I P Knightley
Has to go through the bank account of your children and clear that way.

I have had/used crossed cheques for years and did OIC so yeah. There is almost NO WAY they can get there hands on the money. Short of identity theft that is.

Are you suggesting that the posties are involved in ID theft scams?

Heavy stuff.

Heavy stuff.

I think thats exactly what he is suggesting Ivan. The posties will be sickened at this slander.

CavySlaveJambo

No. I am saying You cannot cash a crossed cheque for another person unless some form of identity theft has happened.

It is impossible.

Heavy stuff.

Blimey, fraud as well as theft.

The posties will be seething at these new accusations.

Most posties are wrong 'uns. Not suprised that they all thieve innocent peoples mail.

in fact, ive never met a postie that hasnt admitted to pocketing the odd ten pound out a birthday card.

Archived