What do Celtic stand for?

MMHearts

They stand for 122 years of theft and capitalist greed, all under the guise of charity and community spirit.

Sounds about right. They (and the Huns too) have made a lot of money by deliberately stoking the flames of sectarianism and their thick as pig**** fans just never get it as they pour their money in year after year.

Living in the past

Being full , time , professonal , first class victims (except in the Labour party and the Trades Union movement of course, where they are unusual by their large presence).

Wallowing in self pity

A wannabee Barca ( read the club's mission statement, laughable )

The wearing of tracksuit/shellsuit trash drinking like it's 1909.

A complete inablity to see others in any other light but as Huns : if you don't like us you must be a Hun. No , we don't like you because of your crass stupidity and your flaunting of the tricolour at every opportunity (including a massive card display at Pighead in a Euro tie). We dislike you because you fly the tricolour simply to be provocative. Ij the same way the Huns have hijacked the UJ.

I was at the recent snooker final in telford and right in front of us was a guy in a Sellick tap. My mate just stared at him and said in a loud voice 'there's always one !!'. The guy couldn't believe that an Englishman would be offended or disgusted.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

caravan dwellers

eh - caravan dwellers

lowlifes

tinks

irish loving caravan dwelling tinks

caravan dwellers

Midfield Terrier

what do Celtic stand for?

Because they sold all their furniture to buy a season ticket to see the hoops.

what do Celtic stand for?

Because they sold all their furniture to buy a season ticket to see the hoops.

Groan - booby prize for you :smiliz23:

lost in leith

Hypocrites IMHO. I remember the early to mid 90s when the Huns were winning everything in sight. Celtic fans claimed the moral high ground on a number of levels -

1. Their club philosophy was based on skilllful flowing football, whereas the Hun philosophy was based on brute strength.

2. They were in touch with their roots, unlike the Huns whose team was packed out with foreign mercenaries.

3. They were the 'people's club', not a business run by an evil capitalist like David Murray.

Fast forward 10 years. O'Neill's team are winning domestic trophies galore based on a very physical approach to the game, a team that often has only 1or 2 Scots and a business that maximises its revenue from the likes of corporate hospitality and pays huge wages to top players.

Did Celtic fans take to the streets to protest at this betrayal of the principles which make their club 'special'? Or did they buy season tickets in record numbers because their team was successful?

Notice how Bouzid's booking was condemned on Scotsport.......but no mention of WHY he had a go at the celtic fans.

Bouzid went sliding into the hoardings, got a litre of warm spit on his person, had a few words and got booked.

The dirty, disease ridden mhanks gobbing on him never got a mention.

UNBIASED BBC? MY ARSE.

Patrick Bateman

I've just read Celtic fans branding Willie Collum as some sort of traitor to the Catholic faith for him daring to officiate a match where Celtic bottled it. It's actually staggering that anyone can think like that in the 21st century. I'd say however that the Old Firm support is just reflective of the impovrished and quasi-Dickensian state of society through in the West. It's a real shame, as Glasgow does have some good things going for it, but what can only be described as repuslive and dysfunctional trash are intent on dragging the place down.

I've just read Celtic fans branding Willie Collum as some sort of traitor to the Catholic faith for him daring to officiate a match where Celtic bottled it. It's actually staggering that anyone can think like that in the 21st century. I'd say however that the Old Firm support is just reflective of the impovrished and quasi-Dickensian state of society through in the West. It's a real shame, as Glasgow does have some good things going for it, but what can only be described as repuslive and dysfunctional trash are intent on dragging the place down.

...and the rest of Scotland down with it/them:smiliz21:

Their heads really are up their own erses. So basically a referee should cheat for them just because he might be catholic. Do they not realise that they don't own the catholic religion or Ireland for that matter and some catholics/Irish will not give two figs about their club or their vile fans (apologies to the extremely small minority of decent Celtic fans).

My daughter goes to a catholic school and there is a sizeable Hearts support attends it.

Celtic stand for everything that is good and right in this world, freedom and justice, solidarity for the suffering, and for the good name of the catholic church. They stand for the wellbeing of the poor and the beaten down irish, opressed by the big nasty brits. They stand for the good of the game of football and their rich history shaping the game. good on them i say, bravo! long may it continue...

now that's sarcasm!

Celtic Football Club PLC are a publicly traded company so therefore the only thing they can stand for is to maximise profits for their shareholders, nothing else.

my entry for the competition is:

Crudely

Educated

Louts

Trashing

Irish

Culture

Commercially

Exploiting

Lost

Troubles,

It's