Love Actually

Ignoranus

I like the Hugh Grant stuff; the Colin Firth bits; and the Martin Freeman/Joanna Page scenes and the part when the BT ad guy goes to Milwaukee.

Can't stand the Liam Neeson's son bits; the whole mental brother scenes; the frumpy Emma Thomson stuff and the eating disorder that is Kiera Knightley.

Some of it's good, some of its terrible.

I like the Hugh Grant stuff; the Colin Firth bits; and the Martin Freeman/Joanna Page scenes and the part when the BT ad guy goes to Milwaukee.

Can't stand the Liam Neeson's son bits; the whole mental brother scenes; the frumpy Emma Thomson stuff and the eating disorder that is Kiera Knightley.

whats wrong with having a mental brother?

whats wrong with having a mental brother?

Nowt wrong with that,my brothers brothers a wee bit mental at times:santa4:

rudi must stay
Utter cack. Wouldnt inflict this on my worst enemy. Highest form of torture.

couldn't disagree more. Really funny film, it's clever how all the charaters are linked too

blondejamtart
'Tis Christmas time. Suspend your cynicism.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Christmas time is the very time when you need a good old healthy does of cynicism - and it's so sickly I could almost feel myself developing diabetes!

Christmas time is the very time when you need a good old healthy does of cynicism - and it's so sickly I could almost feel myself developing diabetes!

No your far to overweight for that :) :) Joke I was only joking.

Oddly enough I think the strongest love in the film is actually between Liam Neeson's as the father and his son.

John

blondejamtart

:santa1:

No your far to overweight for that :) :) Joke I was only joking.

Oddly enough I think the strongest love in the film is actually between Liam Neeson's as the father and his son.

John

And to think I thought you were a gentleman, Mr Findlay! :santa1:

And to think I thought you were a gentleman, Mr Findlay! :santa1:

Well I do prefer blondes :)

John

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have yet to see a film of his that I did not find to be the most utterly banal, mind-numbingly cringeworthy bore-athon, swill.

Total Tory numb-nuts material full of foppish, quazi-homoerotic, chinless ponces like Hugh Grant and uber-irritating storylines that would make Augustus Gloop spew his ringer from too much sacharine!

In short... I agree with the OP.

If it doesn't give you that warm, fuzzy feeling you simply must have a heart made of the coldest, coldest stone.

It's lovely. Think I might watch it tonight, it never fails to make me feel Christmassy. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni
If it doesn't give you that warm, fuzzy feeling you simply must have a heart made of the coldest, coldest stone.

It's lovely. Think I might watch it tonight, it never fails to make me feel Christmassy. :)

Don't get me wrong... I love watching family movies at Christmas time... Wall-E, Home Alone, Mouse Hunt, 101 Dalmations, all that stuff but his movies cross the line between heart-warming and vomit inducing.

On a side note, has anyone seen: Bolt? Superb. :santa1:

Emma Thompson's stiff upper lip makes me want to snap her Joni Mitchell CD and set fire to her Christmas Tree.

blondejamtart

Guilty as charged!

Never seen it, never want to.

More twee, petite bourgeoise, sentimental claptrap from the same stable that brought you Notting Hill and Four Weddings and a Funeral.

How the co-crerator of Blackadder can have "progressed" to these (not to mention the awful Vicar of Dibley) is sad.

Bah humbug!

Ive never seen it but id imagine the only reason for a snoop would be to watch Martine McCutcheon before she ballooned to a size 14. Dirty filthy c0ckney schlaaaaag.

heartgarfunkel
Never seen it, never want to.

More twee, petite bourgeoise, sentimental claptrap from the same stable that brought you Notting Hill and Four Weddings and a Funeral.

How the co-crerator of Blackadder can have "progressed" to these (not to mention the awful Vicar of Dibley) is sad.

Bah humbug!

Never seen it either, never will. Couldn't agree more. A film for those who loved Noel's House Party, and think Robbie Williams is an 'entertainer'.

Mac_fae_Gillie

The film has a lot of great scenes but it also has a alot of dross and cuss its nearly 3hours long the dross seems to win out...

But I watched it with the missus and it was still the best thing on Saturday night.:smiliz65:

Agree with OP - horrendous film.

But nothing compared to the horror that is sitting through Mamma Mia.

Don't get me wrong... I love watching family movies at Christmas time... Wall-E, Home Alone, Mouse Hunt, 101 Dalmations, all that stuff but his movies cross the line between heart-warming and vomit inducing.

On a side note, has anyone seen: Bolt? Superb. :santa1:

'Cloudy, with a chance of meatballs' is good too. Watched that with the kids at the weekend.

Never seen it either, never will. Couldn't agree more. A film for those who loved Noel's House Party, and think Robbie Williams is an 'entertainer'.

Hahaha - brilliant.

On a side note, and I think it has been mentioned before, but your avatar is genius.

Good work!

Methinks you know this film too well!!! All I can remember is that I wanted to poke my eyes out with blunt scissors after watching it. Pure unadulterated guff!

chester copperpot

Only women and gays can appreciate this film :smiliz64:.

Martine McCutcheon does look nice in it though. Have seen it a few times.

I WANT TO BE A TOUGHY ON KICKBACK POST IMO

I would only guess your are guy that would greet on a football pitch.:santa1:

The film well actually love it

I would only guess your are guy that would greet on a football pitch.:santa1:

The film well actually love it

:santa1:Your spot on :santa1:

And when Its a wonderful lifes on :santa1:

Archived