Fulham through

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

How good a job is Roy Hodgson doing, btw? Every chairman who is tempted to go for a Southgate or a Pearce etc. should have a long, hard think about what a guy with proper managerial experience can do. Delighted for him.

If and when Capello leaves, England have a ready made replacement. Hodgson - a cross between Harry H Corbett and Arsene Wenger - is a top bloke, massively experienced and doing a brilliant job at one of the EPL's most likeable clubs (however much they'd be nowhere without Uncle Mo's money).

I'm really pleased Fulham got through, and hope they can go a lot further. There's something brilliant about any smaller club doing well in Europe: it's a real adventure for them, and still means something in a way it frequently doesn't for bigger clubs.

with the likes of etuhu and danny murphy at the core. think of the amount of money been wasted by others e.g. roy keane. had the sense to not give bullard at peak of form a 5 year deal. top man.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
If and when Capello leaves, England have a ready made replacement. Hodgson - a cross between Harry H Corbett and Arsene Wenger - is a top bloke, massively experienced and doing a brilliant job at one of the EPL's most likeable clubs (however much they'd be nowhere without Uncle Mo's money).

I'm really pleased Fulham got through, and hope they can go a lot further. There's something brilliant about any smaller club doing well in Europe: it's a real adventure for them, and still means something in a way it frequently doesn't for bigger clubs.

Do you think Scotland can tempt him first?:santa1:

Do you think Scotland can tempt him first?:santa1:

Naw.

I'm intrigued by what Gordon Smith said the other day though. Maybe Scotland are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat and make a really inspired, exciting appointment after all?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Naw.

I'm intrigued by what Gordon Smith said the other day though. Maybe Scotland are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat and make a really inspired, exciting appointment after all?

According to The Guardian he's approached Dundee Utd.

According to The Guardian he's approached Dundee Utd.

Mmm, just seen that. Scenario for you:

1. Levein is appointed Scotland boss, going on to just miss qualification for the next two tournaments. He's hit the post so often in his career you know he's a dyed in the wool Jambo.

2. Without him, Dundee United slide back down the table over the next few years - but not before Derek McInnes leads them to a shock Scottish Cup win in their centenary year, beating Hibs in the semi-finals en route.

Archived