Gavin and Stacey

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Just watched the 1st series of this and have to say i found it very funny, anyone else like it?

Joanna Page.........mmmmmmmmmmm

5D49B8D2-0D48-A66C-6742CCD37FF467B8.jpg

Just watched the 1st series of this and have to say i found it very funny, anyone else like it?

Joanna Page.........mmmmmmmmmmm

5D49B8D2-0D48-A66C-6742CCD37FF467B8.jpg

Corden and the other one need to be put down immediately.

Attempting to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Successful in that regard.

Comedy at its worst.

Glad you like it. :smiliz64:

Ive never seen it but everyone down here (Cardiff) thinks its the mutts nuts.

All i ever get told is 'its soooo welsh' which makes me want to never see even one minute of it. I see enough 'welshness' (i.e. stupidity) on a daily basis without subjecting myself to their thickness in my own time.

Ive never seen it but everyone down here (Cardiff) thinks its the mutts nuts.

All i ever get told is 'its soooo welsh' which makes me want to never see even one minute of it. I see enough 'welshness' (i.e. stupidity) on a daily basis without subjecting myself to their thickness in my own time.

Summed it up there. Full of braindead people. The same reason why Welsh people in Glasgow dont set their skyplus boxes for River City.

I repeat, Corden and the other one need to be put down immediately.

Gavin and Stacey is very funny.

Gavin's mum in particular is very well written, Rob Bryden is superb.

But hey, it's easy to be a critic, particularly when you've not seen any of it and it only appeals to the lowest common denominator, whatever that means.

Give me an example of high brow comedy then.

Gavin and Stacey is very funny.

Gavin's mum in particular is very well written, Rob Bryden is superb.

But hey, it's easy to be a critic, particularly when you've not seen any of it and it only appeals to the lowest common denominator, whatever that means.

Give me an example of high brow comedy then.

explanation to bit in bold: It is for thicko's.

Sitcom's are a tired genre now but cheap to make.

Why highbrow?

House is a good example of comedy being used in a sitcom.

the office US/UK is a good beeb comedy, Blackadder and alan partridge are also good comedy programmes that made by the bbc.

Gavin and Stacey is mince. Rob Bryden sticks out like a sore thumb in it because he actually has some comedic talent.

I watched the 1st 2 series recently, only as i was bored!

I only find tiny little bits funny, but the BBC rave about it. Very average i would say!

Jambo Forever
explanation to bit in bold: It is for thicko's.

Sitcom's are a tired genre now but cheap to make.

Why highbrow?

House is a good example of comedy being used in a sitcom.

the office US/UK is a good beeb comedy, Blackadder and alan partridge are also good comedy programmes that made by the bbc.

Gavin and Stacey is mince. Rob Bryden sticks out like a sore thumb in it because he actually has some comedic talent.

Boring

I think it's absolutely brilliant and is a genuinely honest sitcom which doesn't try to pretend to be something it's not. Don't take it too seriously!

It's just a com about genuine type people in genuine type situations...and at times, regular day to day stuff can be funny too.

Just get the impression people can immediately be jealous of the likes of Cordon and Co who go out there and give it a go. Not everyone is going to like it but there you go...the anti comments just reek of jealousy to me.\\

But hey - I'm sure all the critics are producing as equally as impressive stuff which is contributing to the world around us.....

Jambo Forever
I think it's absolutely brilliant and is a genuinely honest sitcom which doesn't try to pretend to be something it's not. Don't take it too seriously!

It's just a com about genuine type people in genuine type situations...and at times, regular day to day stuff can be funny too.

Just get the impression people can immediately be jealous of the likes of Cordon and Co who go out there and give it a go. Not everyone is going to like it but there you go...the anti comments just reek of jealousy to me.\\

But hey - I'm sure all the critics are producing as equally as impressive stuff which is contributing to the world around us.....

Couldnt agree more

It tries to be this but doesnt acheive it imo.

It obviously does for some otherwise it wouldnt be so popular.

If you have seen their sketch show you would know that Corden and the other one are in the main quite unfunny.

It tries to be this but doesnt acheive it imo.

It obviously does for some otherwise it wouldnt be so popular.

If you have seen their sketch show you would know that Corden and the other one are in the main quite unfunny.

I don't give a **** about their sketch show. This is about Gavin and Stacey which I think (and many of my friends) is funny.

The Beatles did some ****ty tunes amongst their whole discography - but where they **** - no.....

Still - interested to see the scripts you've produced...

What a shock Scott Jambo doesn't like something he has made his point yet continues to slag off the people that like it with childish insults and badgering.

Gavin & Stacy is well written, mildly amusing comedy by two talented writers in Ruth Jones and James Cordon.

Although Cordon and Horne was desperately unfunny.

I don't give a **** about their sketch show. This is about Gavin and Stacey which I think (and many of my friends) is funny.

The Beatles did some ****ty tunes amongst their whole discography - but where they **** - no.....

Still - interested to see the scripts you've produced...

Gards, you changed it into I was jealous of Corden and the other ones success. Thats why I highlighted there sketch show, it was just a supplementary point.

Gards, you changed it into I was jealous of Corden and the other ones success. Thats why I highlighted there sketch show, it was just a supplementary point.

Didn't quote you at one point in my response about some being jealous of what Cordon and Jones have done. So I think you've taken the comments too literally as they weren't directed to you.

Methinks the Scott_Jambo doth protest too much :0)

Take it easy!

What a shock Scott Jambo doesn't like something he has made his point yet continues to slag off the people that like it with childish insults and badgering.

Gavin & Stacy is well written, mildly amusing comedy by two talented writers in Ruth Jones and James Cordon.

Although Cordon and Horne was desperately unfunny.

Speedbump if you see my first reply to Gards, at no point do I slag him off. My reply to The Doctor was not slagging him off either.

If someone replies to a big post with the word 'boring' then perhaps that is who you should be directing your attention too.

I thought we cleared up our tiff from the other week but since not its carte blanche again. I do not want this thread to go down the road of your extra curricular hobby again but i'l take it there if you like.

Didn't quote you at one point in my response about some being jealous of what Cordon and Jones have done. So I think you've taken the comments too literally as they weren't directed to you.

Methinks the Scott_Jambo doth protest too much :0)

Take it easy!

Since I was the main instigator of the anti Gavin and Stacey faction then I assumed (correctly I presume) that the comments were directed at me.

Im calm, just like a bit of debate thats all! Plus I cant stand the programme. :)

Speedbump if you see my first reply to Gards, at no point do I slag him off. My reply to The Doctor was not slagging him off either.

If someone replies to a big post with the word 'boring' then perhaps that is who you should be directing your attention too.

I thought we cleared up our tiff from the other week but since not its carte blanche again. I do not want this thread to go down the road of your extra curricular hobby again but i'l take it there if you like.

Nothing extra curricular about it, it's a big part of my life but you seem to have an issue about something that has nothing to with this thread.

I was pointing out you enjoy badgering people on a subject once you have stated your view.

Your so boring mate

Your opinion or your mothers opinion is not relevant to me. Yes thats right, your mother. I went there.

Nothing extra curricular about it, it's a big part of my life but you seem to have an issue about something that has nothing to with this thread.

I was pointing out you enjoy badgering people on a subject once you have stated your view.

Thats got about as much to do with Gavin and Stacey as say - teaching little boys how to play the sash on a recorder.

Thats got about as much to do with Gavin and Stacey as say - teaching little boys how to play the sash on a recorder.

You're a bigot, plain and simple.

Jambo Forever
Your opinion or your mothers opinion is not relevant to me. Yes thats right, your mother. I went there.

So your also very immature aswell as being boring. Takes more than that to offend me mate. Have another go if you like.

Sexton Hardcastle

Its a decent watch but mainly due to there being little else standing up against it.

Good they will kill it off after this series and not kick the arse out of it like Two Pints etc..

Actually Two Pints seemed to start with the arse kicked out of it.

Sorry, im not a member of an orange flute band named after the club I support.

You're also a terrible bore who is doing his best to ruin a thread about a TV programme by bringing up irrelevant subject that really has nothing to do with you.

And to remind you the band isn't named after the football club.

So your also very immature aswell as being boring. Takes more than that to offend me mate. Have another go if you like.

it was a joke to lighten you up, I dont know why fellow jambo's would want to have a go at each other. I am obviously going to respond to someone writing one word 'boring' with no explanation or justification. Feel free to call me boring, but I thought you meant in relation to my post, not me as a poster.

You're also a terrible bore who is doing his best to ruin a thread about a TV programme by bringing up irrelevant subject that really has nothing to do with you.

And to remind you the band isn't named after the football club.

You decided to debate the poster rather than the post, so I did the same. I am going to take myself out of this thread as its gone far enough.

I believe it does share the same name as the club however. Im sure it is more to do with Sir Walter Scott's unionist tendency but you can see why there may be some confusion.

Anyway, back to Gavin and Stacey guys.

Sorry, im not a member of an orange flute band named after the club I support.

How 'high brow'.

:santa5:

You decided to debate the poster rather than the post, so I did the same. I am going to take myself out of this thread as its gone far enough.

I believe it does share the same name as the club however. Im sure it is more to do with Sir Walter Scott's unionist tendency but you can see why there may be some confusion.

Anyway, back to Gavin and Stacey guys.

A couple of quick questions before I wrap up for the day.

How old are you? And do you enjoy pontificating about every little point in life, even things which you haven't grasped the full facts of?

How 'high brow'.

:santa5:

I have never wished to be High brow. Thanks for that though Roop.

Clearly I am in the wrong as four posters have cited displeasure with me! I give up here.

:santa2:

A couple of quick questions before I wrap up for the day.

How old are you? And do you enjoy pontificating about every little point in life, even things which you haven't grasped the full facts of?

22. No.

22. No.

Thanks for clearing this up. Once you learn that everything isn't black and white, you will calm down a little bit. Now bugger off and get the cat to lick your bumfluff off:smiliz64:

I have never wished to be High brow. Thanks for that though Roop.

Clearly I am in the wrong as four posters have cited displeasure with me! I give up here.

:santa2:

Fair enough - my apologies.

On the actual subject matter, if you need convoluted, pretentious comedy to prove to yourself that you're actually intelligent because you understand their 'high brow' jokes, then the fault lies with you (not directly you, s_j). Sometimes the simplest things are funny.

Thanks for clearing this up. Once you learn that everything isn't black and white, you will calm down a little bit. Now bugger off and get the cat to lick your bumfluff off :smiliz64:

The highbrow discussion of this thread continues, speedbump. :santa1:

The highbrow discussion of this thread continues, speedbump. :santa1:

Wrong poster wee man.

[ruffles the young scamp's hair]

Fair enough - my apologies.

On the actual subject matter, if you need convoluted, pretentious comedy to prove to yourself that you're actually intelligent because you understand their 'high brow' jokes, then the fault lies with you (not directly you, s_j). Sometimes the simplest things are funny.

No probs,

Red Dwarf and Only a Game are good too. :)

Wrong poster wee man.

[ruffles the young scamp's hair]

It was just a general quip, not a dig at you. [slaps old mans bald head.]

Dont show your ageist prejudices too Speedbump, maybe one day you will realise that life is different shades of grey. :santa4:

Captain America

Doris is legendary!

For those who have series 3 boxset, the Smiths singalong is genius!

:santa1:

It was just a general quip, not a dig at you. [slaps old mans bald head.]

Dont show your ageist prejudices too Speedbump, maybe one day you will realise that life is different shades of grey. :santa4:

I haven't shown any prejudices on here recently apart from my hatred of sellick football.

Tbf, the statement, it appeals to the lowest common denominator is basically slagging off anyone who has the cheek to like it (in your opinion). You don't need to resort to slagging people off, all that was needed was a statement along the lines of "i don't like it"

BTT i actually like it. It can be a bit boring at times but some bits of it are really funny.

Archived